McCrorie must start on Sunday - Will the gaffer play him?

Baku Bear

Reckon if there's one player other than Alfredo that has to be in the starting lineup on Sunday it would be McCrorie for me. He has all the attributes to excel in this fixture & has previous for bossing them already.

Been a little concerned about his lack of game time recently. Don't know what it is, but Gerrard seems to go through spells of not fancying him for a while, before bringing him back into the fold again. Is it to keep young Ross hungry?

Will honestly feel a lot more comfortable I see young McCrorie's name on the team sheet on Sunday. Can anyone here help put me at ease? :eek:

Do we reckon he'll start?

Mccrorie Arfield and Kamara for me. Mccrorie’s bite, Arfield get forward and kamara’s coolness

This is what I’d be doing as well.

But I don’t think he’ll start a midfield against them that hasn’t played togetherness before.

I’d play him. He isn’t particularly good in the ball but he gets about the pitch and applies pressure, and in games like this you absolutely need a ball winner in the midfield.

We used to have the best ball winner in Scotland in Kevin Thomson and our record in OF games with him in the side was superb.

I rate the lad but throwing him in would lump massive pressure and expectation on him. That’s what hurt his game last season. I think Ross will be a core first teamer next season, I’d not see a positive in putting him into that pressure pot at the weekend.

If Airfield is fit then I think he'll start along with Kamara and Jack.
If it was my choice I'd pick McCrorie, Arfield and Kamara but that's why I'm not the Rangers manger!

If it was my choice I'd pick McCrorie, Arfield and Kamara but that's why I'm not the Rangers manger!

I rate the lad but throwing him in would lump massive pressure and expectation on him. That’s what hurt his game last season. I think Ross will be a core first teamer next season, I’d not see a positive in putting him into that pressure pot at the weekend.

McCrorie strikes me as someone who is fearless.

Everytime he's been asked to come in to the squad this season he has and in the main, has done extremely well (imo).

Would it be safer to lump Kamara in there who has never played in a fixture this size before? I think McCrorie is the far safer option. He'd barely be out my team in all honesty and I genuinely consider him a key player for the weekend.

What makes you think Kamara will get the start mate?

Everytime he's been asked to come in to the squad this season he has and in the main, has done extremely well (imo).

Would it be safer to lump Kamara in there who has never played in a fixture this size before? I think McCrorie is the far safer option. He'd barely be out my team in all honesty and I genuinely consider him a key player for the weekend.
The boy would run through a brick wall for rangers he is fearless as you say.

Kamara more than held his own against them whilst at Dundee - playing them will not faze him.

Reckon if there's one player other than Alfredo that has to be in the starting lineup on Sunday it would be McCrorie for me. He has all the attributes to excel in this fixture & has previous for bossing them already.

Been a little concerned about his lack of game time recently. Don't know what it is, but Gerrard seems to go through spells of not fancying him for a while, before bringing him back into the fold again. Is it to keep young Ross hungry?

Will honestly feel a lot more comfortable I see young McCrorie's name on the team sheet on Sunday. Can anyone here help put me at ease? :eek:

Do we reckon he'll start?

I 100% agree with you. I hope SG does too BB.
This is war. It’s a game for big boys & leaders. I’m concerned that Kamara has that yet, so hope Steven leaves him in the bench to watch and learn.

Still has a bit to go before he's a 1st team regar.
Kid is a winner though and ee don't have enough of them. I'd play him.

Iam glad we have raised this point.
SG has baffled me at times as regards McCrorie.
He was immense in the last game against the scum and some posters opting for Kamara saying he has played against them with Dundee and did all right but this isnt the same type of game especially at the Piggery.
TLB will have the scum frothing at the mouth and imo we need battlers and young McCrorie is certainly that and with him in the team we will win more of the ball in the midfield.
Hes got to play,no doubt about that.

We've no other ball winning midfielder with bite, aerial presence, strength that's prepared to get really fired in, come out on top and do it over and over again.

Kamara - McCrorie - Arfield

If that's not the trio, I'll be disappointed.

Think kamara could miss out with Ross coming in to tighten up the midfield. Kamara has played well recently but this game needs warriors

It also needs a calming influence, some one who will put their foot on the ball and retain possession. Kamara has the ability to get on the ball, create a bit of space and play a ball into space. He's also not as wasteful as Jack, Arfield or McCrorie. He's also in better form than both Jack and Arfield.

I'd have Arfield over Jack as he's more aggressive, a better player and offers more in an attacking sense.

what hurt his game last season was getting shafted in defence against them with zero protection from midfield.

McCrorie is a must in this game, and any other big game we play.

He has bossed it in midfield against that mob on numerous occasions and one of his best (if not the best) games he has played for us was the 0-0 at their midden when he had such dominance that Scott Brown kept falling pack in position to avoid having to go toe to toe with him.

what hurt his game last season was getting shafted in defence against them with zero protection from midfield.

McCrorie is a must in this game, and any other big game we play.

He has bossed it in midfield against that mob on numerous occasions and one of his best (if not the best) games he has played for us was the 0-0 at their midden when he had such dominance that Scott Brown kept falling pack in position to avoid having to go toe to toe with him.

Great post mate.

Back