McCrorie on the bench again

Recoba

Official Ticketer
How can he not be starting for the under 21s ? the laat few games i noticed he is on the bench.

Soutar and McKenna starting :eek:

Hardie scored a late.goal for a 1-1 draw with Latvia

Feel sorry for the lad, if he wants to play for Scotland, but from a personal point of view, I would rather no Rangers player risked injury playing for Scotland and no doubt being abused by the Tranny Army.

Agreed young players need games, but they can also suffer burn out especially when under 21. If those clowns don’t pick him all the better for us.

1. He's better than Soutar
2. I'd be very,very surprised if he's not better than McKenna
3. I'm glad he's not playing as we need him rested and ready to go for us

It really should be him and McKenna at ch. Souttar since his move to hearts hasn’t improved nor showed glimpses of his promise, compared to McCorie and McKenna who are both playing near every week now for 2/3 of the top teams in Scotland and possible be the full squad ch’s of the future.

Give it time and he will break through. Early doors yet folks. Souttar is a player but dont know mch about McKenna to know whether or not he should be in over McCrorie

Feel sorry for the lad himself as I’m sure he’d had loved to be playing.

On the other hand I’m glad he’s not in the starting 11 to avoid any injuries.

The lad will no doubt have a huge part to play in the national team in the coming months/years, unfortunate really when you consider what some of our players are subjected to during international duty.

Liked to hear that Hardie scored yet again. For all the doubters he's obviously doing something right scoring hat tricks one week and international goals the next. I think his time will come at club level as well.

I think he is, if you think that's embarrassing then fair enough.
Embarrassing is maybe a bit harsh but just felt it similar to the way the tims overhype all their players by calling them best ever. Can mccrorie not just play his game and work hard rather than have us put all this pressure on the poor boys back

Embarrassing is maybe a bit harsh but just felt it similar to the way the tims overhype all their players by calling them best ever. Can mccrorie not just play his game and work hard rather than have us put all this pressure on the poor boys back
I can only comment on what I have seen, McCrorie is going to the very top, I've no doubt about that. I'm not saying he is the best ever, just that I've not seen better in the last few years for his position at Rangers or Scotland for his age.

A player with the quality of Ross shouldn't be left on the bench. It's no wonder our game is going nowhere fast.

The experience of playing for your country at any level would enhance him even more...it's a sorry state of affairs.

Two problems.

1. Boys ambitions.

2. Undervalues our talent.

I really don't see any future for Rangers players in that setup,with those fans.

If I’m not right McKenna has been captain of the u’21s and both he and Soutar have more 1st team starts than McCrorie.

I inow Scott McKenna and he’s from a big mentally challenged supporting family but the boy is a reasonable level headed guy.

Both him and Soutar have more experience than McCrorie and it’s a major over reaction on here.

Let the boy develop FFS

Probably something to do with the fact that Souttar is older by two years and has nearly one hundred more starts in the SPL, while McCrorie has only made something like seven appearances for us.

I honestly dunno why so many people are so uptight on here all of the time.

Probably something to do with the fact that Souttar is older by two years and has nearly one hundred more starts in the SPL, while McCrorie has only made something like seven appearances for us.

I honestly dunno why so many people are so uptight on here all of the time.
To be fair I never I knew that as I had no idea who Souter was haha

He’s the best footballer we’ve produced since Barry Ferguson. A future captain and I wish him all the best.

he's a different class TBH. In my opinion the best centre half this country has produced in decades.

Ross is better than any central defender in the full Scotland team. Not hard to beat right enough but he should be playing for the under 21's. Maybe a reason why Scotland never qualify for tournaments is not enough young talented players getting a chance.

Souttar is more of a holding midfielder that can play at the back if needed than a central defender. Don't know why he wasn't played there and let McCrorie play at the back or just go for a back 3 but hey i suppose the guy who can't set up his team to beat Latvia knows better

The guy has played a handful of first team games, not sure that translates into a first pick for the scotland under 21's though. To his credit, he's been given the hardest route possible, starting your career at Rangers is a tough introduction. As long as he keeps up his level of performances, he will likely go straight into scotland's first team squad.....for those that care.

If Ross McCrorie can get a game for Rangers...and impress... but sits on the bench for Scotland, then our future must be bright.

The cynical in me though shouts out a different version.

You play for Rangers, you get no privileges...SNP get tae %^*&!

Did he not play yesterday for the under 23'a against Man Utd?

Much rather he was just playing for us at the moment anyway.

Alves and Bates started against Man U mate.

McCrorie and Hardie have been with the Scotland squad since Sunday.

I know Mckenna is highly rated at Aberdeen and is a first pick now and Soutar starts regularly for Hearts.

However, while young Ross is maybe a year or so behind them development wise, he's unquestionably got far more potential and the one who'll go furthest in the game.

I wouldn't worry too much about this situation bears.

He's progressing very nicely and the fact he's still finding his feet in our first team probably means extra games is probably what he doesn't need at the moment.

Further international recognition will come, sooner rather than later, no question.

Don’t know anything about the two picked before him, but if they’re better than him we should sign them.

Don’t know anything about the two picked before him, but if they’re better than him we should sign them.

Soutar definitely sold 1 and arguably 2 of the goals against us at Murrayfield last week.

Mckenna is very highly rated by McInnes and played Moult very well in their league match at Fir Park a few weeks ago.

Mckenna is definitely the better of the 2, but as I said in my previous post, Ross will turn out to be the better than either of them.

Young Ross will be more concerned about trying to cement his place in our starting 11 every week and once that happens then maybe his international career will blossom as well.
Give it time.

It shows how much the Sellik FA are in cahoots with the scum when wonderbhoy was shoehorned into a different position and given the captaincy when Ross could have played there and probably better.

Back