McCrorie on the bench again

Looks a cracking prospect but I think you're getting a bit carried away. He has only played a handful of games.

The boy's pulled on a Rangers shirt all of seven times and already he's "the best centre back this country has produced in decades" and "the best footballer we’ve produced since Barry Ferguson".....

He's certainly a talent, but I think some posters are getting a wee bit ahead of themselves with these sorts of comments.

Last edited:
Best player since Ferguson and he's only played seven games for us

Who says unduly high expectations among Rangers fans ruins players?

Meanwhile Tiernay is captain for the Holland game. Infested, disgusted i cannot support my own country any more.

To be fair he’s been a first team regular for years and has Champions League experience! He’s also one of Scotland’s best players and it was a meaningless friendly with mostly u21 players. You might be overreacting

To say he hasn't had enough experience may be true. He has only played about 10 first team games, and one was an old firm game.

I found it interesting the comment made about Lofthus-Cheek for England last night - he has only layed about 40 first team games in his career and he is now an England international, and was MOTM last night.

England arent scared to play their young guys. Owen, Rooney and Walcott were only 17 when they made their debuts. Our 19 year olds cant get a game for our under 20s.

Even hearts fans don’t think Soutar is good, can’t help but think if McCrorie played for the other side he would already be getting brought into the main Scotland squad

Souttar and McKenna are both a year ahead of Ross and have played together for longer which is why they are getting the nod.

I've seen McKenna play for Scotland under-21s and was impressed by him. Big lad, looked a capable defender. I thought he was an Ayr player and figured maybe we should snap him up, but he was only on loan at Ayr. Still, maybe we should take a look at him.

I don't think it'll be too long and McCrorie will be an automatic pick for Scotland. He's probably the best Scottish central defender around already and will keep improving. Even in the highly likely even it's some bitter tim that gets the job its going to be hard to ignore McCrorie for long.

To say he hasn't had enough experience may be true. He has only played about 10 first team games, and one was an old firm game.

I found it interesting the comment made about Lofthus-Cheek for England last night - he has only layed about 40 first team games in his career and he is now an England international, and was MOTM last night.

England arent scared to play their young guys. Owen, Rooney and Walcott were only 17 when they made their debuts. Our 19 year olds cant get a game for our under 20s.

Because there's someone else in the team ahead of him.

Scotland gave the captaincy to a 20 year old who is the best Scottish defender in the country and there was uproar on here.

I wouldn't read too much into it to be honest. Ross has come to the fore very recently and will almost certainly be in the full Scotland squad soon.

I think a few on here need to take a Prozac. He's played a handful of games for us and is 19. Some had probably not even heard of him prior to September. Undoubtedly he's got talent and looks like he's going to a real player, but being outraged he's not starting for Scotland under 21's at this stage is OTT. Has anyone been watching Scotland under 21's recently? Has it been considered the other centre halves have done nothing to warranted being dropped?

If he keeps playing regularly for us & progresses then he'll be in the full national side soon enough as the options at centre half there are limited to say the least. Then, as a lot on here are saying, we won't be happy in case he gets injured.

He's the best talent in Scotland, not just Rangers. His time will come, its inevitable.

Doesn't need talk like this so early in his fledgling career. He is undoubtably a star in the making but still learning his trade.

Hate to say it but without question Tierney is the best young talent in Scotland.

Performed very well in the few 1st team games he has played. Undoubtedly a great prospect, and one we all hope continues too improve
Not at all surprised he was on the bench,the 2 that played have more 1st team experience- his time will come I'm sure of that

There is a danger that young Ross is being over hyped, however sometimes you see a player come through and just feel in your water that he's ''got it'', for what its worth I always had serious doubts about Danny Wilson's long term prospects.

He looks brilliant so far and I think he could go as far as he likes if he keeps developing and has the right attitude. But let’s be honest it’s early day so no reason to blow a gasket cause he isn’t getting a game for the u-21s. We know how good he looks, who cares if he doesn’t get selected for the u-21s yet.

I would add, I remember thinking Wilson was the best player we’d produced since Barry. Then it was Ness then Macleod. Need to make sure we keep hold of this one and only sell if it’s for silly money and when the time suits us.

Joke, think this boy will not get a lot of game time for Scotland.
As I have posted elsewhere, the Scottish footballing authorities and Scottish football in general hate Rangers. Our players could be vastly superior to other options, yet they will be ignored.

This is why I want them to lose every game they play.

How can he not be starting for the under 21s ? the laat few games i noticed he is on the bench.

Soutar and McKenna starting :eek:

Hardie scored a late.goal for a 1-1 draw with Latvia
I’m sure that if he continues his progress for us then it won’t be long before he is in the full squad. Kris Boyd hit the nail on the head today when he said Mulgrew is probably still Scotlands best centre half and he is playing in the 3rd tier of English football. He just needs more experience, probably another season in the first team anyway.

I was at the game and hes head and shoulders above the 2 that started, The lad that played number 5 mckenna is garbage and Souter isnt much better, Hardie also is a far better player than the guy who played up front McBurnie who looked dreadful. We were dreadful last night and no wonder with Scott Gemmil and Peter Grant in charge. One thing that did surprise me was Peter Grant wearing a poppy.

Mcrorie if he maintains current form will be a Scotland starter within 12 months, better player already than Souter and McKenna

McCrorie will improve with games and experience. I would like to see him maintain his place in the first team at Rangers. Murty must be happy with him, playing him instead of Alves. Good luck to the boy.

I really hope some of the things said on this aren't a true representation of our support. McCrorie looks like he may have potential. However, even considering him as one of the best CB's in the league is laughable, considering he's not (possibly yet) the best CB in our team. Give it 6-12 month and everyone in here will no doubt be calling him shit ..

Back