McCrorie Scores again and playing well.

Followbear93

I was one that didn’t want this boy to go.
By all accounts it’s early days but he’s doing well, man of the matches and goals to his name.
I know it’s an initial Laon deal and then they buy him, but is there any option at all regarding taking him back? Or is it done as I’m sold.

A player that stands out for a team like Aberdeen won't stand out for a team like Rangers.

There's a reason he's been moved on. He isn't good enough.
It's a reason why singing players like Lewis Ferguson won't happen. He isn't good enough.
Another reason we won't sign Sam Cosgrove. He isn't good enough.

We all liked McCrorie and wished him well but if you can separate the boy from his talents, he'd have probably left last year.

I was one that didn’t want this boy to go.
By all accounts it’s early days but he’s doing well, man of the matches and goals to his name.
I know it’s an initial Laon deal and then they buy him, but is there any option at all regarding taking him back? Or is it done as I’m sold.

He's found his level.

I’m watching the sheep on an iPTV stream tonight. McCrorie has scored, but his overall play has been poor - playing out of position as a right wing back.

It is also important to stress the Ross wanted to leave. It was his choice, because he wasn’t able to get the guarantee he wanted on a first team start every week.

Would you have him in the current starting 11? Because he didn’t want to stay without that guarantee. And fair play to him for going to a club where he can progress as a pro by playing Senior football every week.

That's a decent result away from home for the sheep, they seem to have come back from that covid delay in really decent form, glad we got that game away out the way in first game

A player that stands out for a team like Aberdeen won't stand out for a team like Rangers.

It's a reason why singing players like Lewis Ferguson won't happen. He isn't good enough.

We all liked McCrorie and wished him well but if you can separate the boy from his talents, he'd have probably left last year.
Well Ferguson stands out at Aberdeen and the fans want him?

I’m watching the sheep on an iPTV stream tonight. McCrorie has scored, but his overall play has been poor - playing out of position as a right wing back.

It is also important to stress the Ross wanted to leave. It was his choice, because he wasn’t able to get the guarantee he wanted on a first team start every week.

Would you have him in the current starting 11? Because he didn’t want to stay without that guarantee. And fair play to him for going to a club where he can progress as a pro by playing Senior football every week.

He'd barely make our bench.

He wanted to leave. He could’ve stayed and fought for his place but he wanted to be guaranteed football.

We’re going to have to put up with this every time he plays decent aren’t we?

Can we have a thread every time Cosgrove plays well too. If playing well for Aberdeen is an indication you’re good enough for Rangers then we might as well. Lets get some threads for Lewis Ferguson too.

Seen he scored and wondered how long it would take for the post. Longer than I expected!

Watching them tonight, and what I have seen of them so far this season, the lad Hedges is a good player at their level and in their set up. They are a decent side this season. Our win up there was a great result to get in the bank.

We always like to see young Scottish bluenoses make it in a Rangers shirt.
Sadly we set unrealistic expectations on them.
McCrorie isn't the first and he wont be the last.
He's a good SPFL player.
We need a level above that, which is clear why he never got a sniff in our team under Gerrard.

I had no problem with him leaving. What i can't get my head round is settling a fee for next season no matter how well he plays. Aberdeen at this rate will sign him and sell him on straight away for a profit.

I agree mate. No harm to the lad at all either. He knew that, and didn’t accept that Sitting on our bench was as good as his career could get. Speaks well to his character

I've no problem with him joining Aberdeen, doesn't affect us in the slightest. He's going to be a player that due to his versatility, will be moved all over the park.

RB, CB, RWB, DM.

Tbh, if I managed McCrorie, he would be playing the holding role. His best position, IMO. Just lacked that bit of technical ability and a sound range of passing. He's got enough positive attributes in his locker to carve out a solid career.

A player can to away, improve and come back.. Kenny Miller was far better the second time round.

I for think the boy is a really good player, not quite at our level but was knows in a few years

Watching them tonight, and what I have seen of them so far this season, the lad Hedges is a good player at their level and in their set up. They are a decent side this season. Our win up there was a great result to get in the bank.
I was surprised they got Hedges, he’s a very good player and I’ve mentioned him a couple of times this season.

I’m not saying McCrorie is good enough for us but that’s a very simplistic view of things. That’s basically saying we can only sign players from teams better than us? A player that stands out for Dundee won’t do for us? Kamara, Aberdeen Jack, Croatian mob Barasic, Helsinki Morelos. Need I go on?

Scoring goals from midfield and weekly man of the match awards surely shows he’s better than the level he’s playing? Even though some are saying “he’s found his level”.

I think tonight sums Ross McCrorie up perfectly, an all action type of player. Always involved, gives 100% but probably still a little rash.

It’s probably a good transfer for him and the likelihood he will move south again.......and perhaps once he has grown as a player, who knows he might be back one day.

Scoring goals from midfield and weekly man of the match awards surely shows he’s better than the level he’s playing? Even though some are saying “he’s found his level”.

it doesn’t really. It shows that he is enjoying his football in a poorer squad and a less demanding environment. He wanted to leave for a club where he could get regular first team football, and he couldn’t have done that at a higher ranked club in Scotland than the one he is at. He has made a good start.

Back