McCrorie Scores again and playing well.

McCrorie probably will play well at Aberdeen and go on to make them a decent chunk down the line after playing regularly for 2/3 seasons. That doesn't mean it was the wrong decision to let him go; he would never have got the game time to allow him to develop as a player here, and there is only so much benefit that can be garnered from a different loan spell each year. He was at an age where it was the right time to move on, only thing we can hope is that we have either a buy-back clause or a sizeable sell-on fee so we can reap the maximum benefit from this sale down the line, which I expect we do.

A player that stands out for a team like Aberdeen won't stand out for a team like Rangers.

There's a reason he's been moved on. He isn't good enough.
It's a reason why singing players like Lewis Ferguson won't happen. He isn't good enough.
Another reason we won't sign Sam Cosgrove. He isn't good enough.

We all liked McCrorie and wished him well but if you can separate the boy from his talents, he'd have probably left last year.

Were you saying the same when we were linked with Ryan Jack in 2017? ;)

He never put a foot wrong when he played in the big games for Gerrard, but respect he wasn’t going to break through and, for him, it was time to move. The bigger frustration is that he’s gone to a rival club without much chance of us making much money on the potential we’ve lost.

I have nothing against mccrorie, just isnt good enough for us .
Maybe good enough for Pedro etc.
I never said it was Jacks fault, but he has been part of a team and regular that has provided us with zero silverware.
Davie Cooper was part of a Rangers team that won 2-3 Cups in about an 8 year period.
I presume he wasn’t of the required standard either?

I was one that didn’t want this boy to go.
By all accounts it’s early days but he’s doing well, man of the matches and goals to his name.
I know it’s an initial Laon deal and then they buy him, but is there any option at all regarding taking him back? Or is it done as I’m sold.
I'm like you, but if he came back , he would just go straight back on the bench, or back on loan.
Gerrard just doesn't rate him as a player.
Gerrard has made that call with so many ...I just hope in the end...he is proved correct!

Davie Cooper was part of a Rangers team that won 2-3 Cups in about an 8 year period.
I presume he wasn’t of the required standard either?
Do you remember the teams we were up against then, aberdeen / dundee utd/ hearts/ tims.
And our signing policy had caught up with us then as well.
We paid buttons , john mcllend left for that alone, ally knocked us back.

Good luck Ross.

You may well stand out at Aberdeen but the truth is we've moved on from SPFL DROSS to Ryan Jack and Glen Kamara.

I can't remember you being tremendous in five games for us because it was ages ago.

The sheepies have won six in a row since we beat then, and have by all accounts been improving week on week. Wins in Norway and Edinburgh in that run.

When do they play they bheggars?
Does it matter they get hammered from them constantly

By all accounts it’s early days but he’s doing well, man of the matches and goals to his name.
I know it’s an initial Laon deal and then they buy him, but is there any option at all regarding taking him back? Or is it done as I’m sold.
I predicted in the transfer thread that he will be a regular in the Scotland squad within a year.

Doesn't mean he was good enough for us, but I always liked him

A player that stands out for a team like Aberdeen won't stand out for a team like Rangers.

There's a reason he's been moved on. He isn't good enough.
It's a reason why singing players like Lewis Ferguson won't happen. He isn't good enough.
Another reason we won't sign Sam Cosgrove. He isn't good enough.

We all liked McCrorie and wished him well but if you can separate the boy from his talents, he'd have probably left last year.
Tbf he stood out for us a few times,he just doesn't fit our style of play these days. He will do well as a regular in the Aberdeen side, then maybe go back down south to a championship side but with more experience and confidence. His style of play shouldn't have been dismissed as just "dig" typical Scots player. Wee rino gattusso had a great career with similar skills that Ross has. Really hope he does well,and comes bk one day. If not, all the best to him

He's a very good player who won't be at Aberdeen for long. Folk saying 'he's found his level' is such a lazy nothing opinion.

Didn't suit Gerrard's style of play. Shame, hope we have a sell on %

He is and was good enough for us.

Hes not and he wasnt, would we have sold him if he was? what are the qualities he has/had that make him the player to take our midfield to the next level? and by that i mean is he better than what we currently have? Davis, Jack, Kamara, Arfield.

If he plays well against Celtic and gets his teammates up for it for a change then he will play a bigger part in our title challenge than he would have staying.

Tedious stuff each time he has a good game there’s a thread on him. He’s away and the fact of the matter is younger players than him had been knocking on the door ahead of him for opportunities. He’s a good player who will improve now he’s getting 1st team football, a thing we could not offer him. Let it go now please!

What part of he wanted first team football are people not understanding.

Even with the injuries we have he's not starting. He would just about make the bench.

Without the injuries he's not even on the bench.
RB- not before Patterson.
CH- Come on, who of the 4/5 place is he taking.
Cm-Davis, Jack, Kamara, Arfield along with a possible new signing would all be before him.

Given some of the players that has been through our club recently, you are being far too harsh on him.
I'll leave it there.
I'm not being harsh, I wish those lads nothing but the best, they tried their heart out to make it with us but they are technically not good enough to be Rangers players. I understand the emotion behind them as they're Rangers fans and young players but let's get realistic here. They were never going to feature regularly with us with the standard they are at

Ps. I'm not saying they're worse than some of the players we've had, and I'm not comparing. Whether it's them, or shite like Ian Black, if you're not good enough you're not good enough. End of story

What part of he wanted first team football are people not understanding.

Even with the injuries we have he's not starting. He would just about make the bench.

Without the injuries he's not even on the bench.
RB- not before Patterson.
CH- Come on, who of the 4/5 place is he taking.
Cm-Davis, Jack, Kamara, Arfield along with a possible new signing would all be before him.
this in a nutshell

Looked promising when he first broke into our team. Playing to his strengths up at the sheep. Hope he has a decent career. Would struggle to get into our team, expecially with the way we play, hence why he is gone. Time for the fans to move on, like he has.

He was all over the place mate defensively, the goal got him out of jail

Within the next couple of years I'd expect that we'll have very few players left in our squad at his level. It doesn't mean that the younger lads won't get their chance, as Nathan Patterson has shown, but they'll need to be good enough. No time for sentiment at Rangers.

It is also important to stress the Ross wanted to leave. It was his choice, because he wasn’t able to get the guarantee he wanted on a first team start every week.

Ross McCrorie asked Steven Gerrard for a guaranteed first team start every week? I find that very difficult to believe.

I think it’s more likely that McCrorie asked for a fair crack of the whip from a manager that calls him sensational one week and then doesn’t pick him for months thereafter. Not the first one that’s happened to either.

I've not seen any of his game time with the sheep or where he was on load last season. I did like him though when he played for us and thought he had great potential. I still do think he has got great potential, but, I've not seen him play for years.

I totally agree and I have mentioned on many threads that this is one that will come back and bite us.
Like you I am not sure if we can get him back at the end of the season,hopefully the sheep Shaggers won't be able to afford him.

Its easier to play for aberdeen than it is to play for rangers ,my only hope that if he plays well that rangers put a decent fee on his head when aberdeen go to buy him ,£2m to £3m would be my price after all they are tipping him to be their POTY and that mob wouldnt sell us a player for peanuts so why should we sell them mccrorie on the cheap

Ross McCrorie asked Steven Gerrard for a guaranteed first team start every week? I find that very difficult to believe.

I think it’s more likely that McCrorie asked for a fair crack of the whip from a manager that calls him sensational one week and then doesn’t pick him for months thereafter. Not the first one that’s happened to either.

McCrorie wanted a situation where he was guaranteed regular first team football. He did want guarantees, or assurances around that. He knew he was too far down the pecking order for that. I don’t think there is any harm or fault on either side here. The lad is right to want to play ever week. I would Not have had Ross in our midfield or back four ahead of any of Our current crop. But that’s just my view

Back