McGregor again today

Of course, I didn’t know.
I reckon, and no doubt somebody will tell me I’m wrong, the more pressure on the kicker, the more likely he’ll be to go for power over accuracy.
To do this he’ll hit the ball with the front of the foot.
This means cutting across the ball putting it to the keeper’s right for the right footers and left for the lefties.
Take away the top level players, those who can stroll up to the ball, do their wee stutter and dance on the way to the kick, and those with the confidence to go down the middle, which is a high percentage of players in Scotland, and I reckon I’ll get well over two thirds, three quarters correct.
It’s really so simple, isn’t it?
Thought you maybe seen him looking at that corner . If I was the goalkeeper I'd not move either way seems to be hell of a lot of penalties go down the middle especially in high pressure penalty shootouts . If it goes in the corner very little chance of getting it anyway if struck firmly . But your theory sounds logical

That’s what paid for as wee Doddie said to me. People say keeper saved us wasn’t the guy scored the goals to win the game. Team game all play there part. Big shagger doing what’s expected from him.

Perfect windup would be if there was a goalkeeper strip that clashed with that horrible first strip of theirs, then when they come to the games at Ibrox they had to use another strip that would piss them and the press off . And they couldn't do a thing about it

He makes difficult things look easy. That’s the best compliment I can give him.

He’s a psycho but he’s our psycho.

A consistent, top class, points winning goalkeeper.
And a man who accepts nothing short of winning.

Goalkeeper is a position we are very well served.

Shagger exposed the riddy ref at the Livi substitution. Players are meant to leave the pitch at the nearest point. Shagger was straight to the ref when the Livi player went the long way to kill time.

It is a daft rule btw

Let’s not bury our head. There’s a shit load of work to be done. We’ve been not much better than poor domestically this season.

Exact same as last season
We didn’t have 4 wins from 5 last season.

We had 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss (I think)

I really don’t think it is appreciated how big a task it will be to replace McGregor in a couple of years.

To get a goalkeeper of his quality to Scotland will be challenge enough - to get one who is a true leader as well near enough impossible.

Wes is a fine goalkeeper and has handled himself like a true professional, but I’m afraid he would be a considerable downgrade if made our nexts No.1.

The highest compliment you can pay him is that he has moments you compare him to Andy Goram. He is definitely in our top five goalkeepers of modern times. I would have him up there with Andy Goram, Chris Woods, Stefan Klos and Ronald Watterues. He is undoubtedly one of the best signings Steven Gerrard has made. Integral to us winning silverware this season

Some people on here wanted him out the team because he can’t kick the ball as well as Foderingham. Thankfully his saves have shut that line of conversation down.

McGregor is a fucking hero. One of our best keepers ever. When he retires I’ll be gutted.

That’s what paid for as wee Doddie said to me. People say keeper saved us wasn’t the guy scored the goals to win the game. Team game all play there part. Big shagger doing what’s expected from him.

No one can deny that a goalkeeper is an important, integral part of the team, any team.

However, my argument from last season and now carrying into this term, has and will always be, we should not be having to rely on a Rangers goalkeeper pulling a rabbit out of the hat and keeping us in the game with such monotonous regularity against dross.

Maybe not thirty but I take your point.
Certainly the best since, and second only to, Goram.
I'd say since 1986, we've been very well served by our keepers.

Woods, Goram, Klos and McGregor in particular, with very capable back up from the likes of Niemi, Charbonnier, Waterreus and even Fod now.

save from the corner from their big no9 was outstanding. best keeper in the league by a long long way.

He’s easiest the best keeper in the country. Fcuk knows what he was up to for the disallowed goal though.

Are you talking about him running out or stopping when he did run out?

Because he did hear the whistle and see Collums signal, which is why he stopped knowing any goal would be disallowed

He is a class act and has the standards you expect and want from a Rangers player.

I love when he is in full rant mode at the referees

He’s a class keeper.

Gary McAllister was having a go at him after the match on Saturday, just before heading down the tunnel. Wondered what that was about.

I really don’t think it is appreciated how big a task it will be to replace McGregor in a couple of years.

To get a goalkeeper of his quality to Scotland will be challenge enough - to get one who is a true leader as well near enough impossible.

Wes is a fine goalkeeper and has handled himself like a true professional, but I’m afraid he would be a considerable downgrade if made our nexts No.1.
Ideal situation would be McCrorie in 2/3 years. Would like to see him loaned out at progressively higher levels. A year in the SPL was great for shagger

Back