McGregor and Arfield walking off pitch together

I am not going to be hypocritical regarding this. Imo McGregor should have hung up his boots after his cameo appearance in last year's Scottish Cup Final.

Great service from both.

55 was monumental. The lack of cups and gifting pish Celtic teams the league time and time again is a stain on the last 4 or 5 seasons domestically.

He’s nowhere near a Rangers great ffs

I’m 50/50 on that one. Achieved more than some others have, goes about it in the way you can only wish every other player does, number of big moments individually, part of collective big moments. Put together a highlight real of the last 5 years he’d feature heavily. But also, yes not up there with the elite, cult hero maybe? I think he’s certainly achieved more than any of us ever expected from the lad that played for Falkirk years ago.

So yes, great? Maybe not. But you’d take 11 guys with the same attitude, effort and understanding of what it is to be a Ranger every day of the week.

I’m sorry to see him go, but no doubt I expect him back in some capacity when he hangs them up.

Sorry if there’s been a post already, was very emotional seeing them walk off the pitch today for the last time, McGregor looked like he was struggling to hold the tears in. You could see Arfield holding his hand almost.

Thanks for the memories and both will fondly remembered.

Be really tough to leave.

Two players that gave everything for the club . Both will be sadly missed .
Will they, most folk have been calling for Shagger to be replaced all season and arfield doesn’t get much game time.
Both great in their day, but their day was a considerably long time ago

rangers-v-heart-of-midlothian-cinch-scottish-premiership.jpg

Back