McGregor and Press Conferences

Budd Sidewinder

I think I can remember every player in the squad being involved in a presser this season apart from Alfie (for obvious reasons) and Shagger.

Anyone know if perhaps he is refusing to speak to the press, maybe on the back of the Scotland fallout from years ago or that it's simply policy of the club that it's only outfield players who attend?

Thought it would have been part of everyone's contract to share press duties.

Cyberniv

No, it's players who wear gloves not deemed appropriate to the Club's image. He's been caught in the middle, unfairly really.

Its-Sebo

He doesn't seem entirely comfortable with interviews, on our youtube channel.

I think it's simply that he can't be arsed doing them.

Foderingham has done the press conferences before.

Buster

I think I can remember every player in the squad being involved in a presser this season apart from Alfie (for obvious reasons) and Shagger.

Anyone know if perhaps he is refusing to speak to the press, maybe on the back of the Scotland fallout from years ago or that it's simply policy of the club that it's only outfield players who attend?

Btw Alfie is by no means fluent but can hold a conversation in English when he wants to . Mate met him a couple of months ago had a short conversation with him about his love for Rangers

RabSpackman

He was interviewed after the Feyenord game and whilst saying nothing wrong hes not what you would call media trained in the way he answers questions.. which I love!

Hea deffinately the type to throw in a few 'swear words' if he was in front of the camera often enough.
Honestly, I struggle to understand half of what he says... especially after matches he is so excitable and wired that he speaks at 100mph.

BlueSevenTwo

Hed probably jump the desk and nut anyone that asks him the ridiculous questions they ask
Maybe a stage too far but fair to say he is probably treating them with the contempt they deserve due to previous , something the club should due but probably can’t due to contractual reasons/league rules.

IrvineLoyal

He is that crabbit i reckon the press officer or whoever deals with it is probably to scared to ask him incase Allan bites his head off.

Bluenose_MK

Wasn't there a story about Duff and Phelps being sh@t scared by McGregor?
I think Lee McCulloch speaks about it in his interview with Si Ferry. I think McGregor was quite aggressive with his questioning of them, and they weren't sure how to deal with him.

Jase

The guys who do the presser get my admiration. I’d find it difficult to not grab somebody by the larynx when you hear some of the shyte the ask.

insanicdrunk

Think of the contempt that SG has for the media, but can keep it hidden to an extend. The multiply that by 10 and someone that probably couldn't hide it. I want mcgregor doing our post cup win interviews!

ACNSE

Interview after the Feyenoord game was hilarious when asked aboot the penalty and forgetting the second goal need to interview him more often hes dry as fxxk

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I wish he would do them. One psycho stare would have the waiting press shitting themselves and thinking twice before asking any daft questions.

bluetonic

Maybe he’s just not that good at them

Latest posts