Mcgregor and running down the clock

Thommo2006

Anyone else love how he does this?

One yesterday the left back gave away a goal kick quite clearly a goal kick. Mcgregor though is at the edge of the box looking to take a free kick ref tells him to go back he still puts it in the wrong place by the time he took the kick the best part of a minute must have been run down.

Absolute class and shows the experience of the big man

One yesterday the left back gave away a goal kick quite clearly a goal kick. Mcgregor though is at the edge of the box looking to take a free kick ref tells him to go back he still puts it in the wrong place by the time he took the kick the best part of a minute must have been run down.

He's an expert at it, but %^*& me we are victims of this more than most teams and it frustrates the life out of me

All part of the game I guess

Shagger is class and knows the script.

Jimmy Bell was delighted. Kit was intact with no issues. :))

I love it.

It’s so simple, yet brilliantly executed.

Early on, ball bounced back off the advertising boards; he chipped it behind into the space then waits for the wee mentally challenged to fetch it, then walks to the other side of the box.

Takes two minutes for something that would ordinarily take 30 seconds.
This was absolutely CLASSIC Greegs. The man is funny as FK at this stuff.

Only time he was seeing the ball yesterday probably wanted to remind himself what it looked like.

I love it when the ball breaks to him and he does the whole, I'll pick it up, no I won't, yes I will routine waiting for the striker to eventually close him down. You just know he staring the other guy down with his crazy eyes going, dare you, dare you, dare you

Greegsy makes me laugh with his antics.

Doesn't pick the ball up until the striker lunges in to reach for it then calmly picks it up making the striker look like a fanny.

Love McGregor.

He’s a shithousery expert. We need to remember this when we moan about other teams doing it.

He’s brilliant at it.

We were only about 25 minutes in yesterday when Rangers won a goal kick. The ball bounced off the advertising boards and came back to McGregor’s feet. He just punted it out into the stand and had to wait 20-30 seconds for another ball to be thrown on.

Arfield is good at kicking the ball into opposition half before they can get near it - not as big an impact but always gives me a wry smile.

He's an expert at it, but %^*& me we are victims of this more than most teams and it frustrates the life out of me

All part of the game I guess
he has the other trick where he tries to kick the ball up to his hands it magically ends up over the advertising boards

Does my but in when it's done against us but love it when we're doing it (especially Shagger :) )

My son and I love watching his time wasting shithousery. It’s mostly in Europe of course but was brilliant yesterday. Hate to be ok the wrong end of it but MacGregor is a master of this dark art.

Was having a semi literate discussion with a rabid today who mentioned Barkas at the first goal and how he just looks frightened in general. I nodded in agreement and mentioned you need big time goalkeepers for a team like Rangers and (grudgingly acknowledged them).

McGregor is that and a helluva lot more for us and has been over the course a few times.

I like big McLaughlin a lot but I laughed at the thread in here asking who is the number 1. When Shagger is fit it is never in doubt.

It's the whole 'Moneyball' method they talk about I suppose. Use every second, minute to your advantage, from quick relay throw ins to p***sing about after a goal kick.

Shaggers the executioner of it tho

Their time wasting in December was the worst I've ever seen.

We need to beat them in spite of that shite.

Back