Mcgregor booked for time wasting when we were making a sub?

I thought I was imagining things with this one.

My only thought is if it was for something else, as it surely can't be for time wasting when he literally cannot play the ball.

Sad thing is in scotshit football referees get rewarded for incompetent (cheating) performances especially when the do it against Rangers.

I'm pretty sure he kicked the ball into the stand at the corner flag after a freekick was blown for. Nothing bad, just the first couple of rows or so, sure Goldson and someone else was around as well. Was then booked during the substitution. Shouldn't have been booked as it was his first go a time wasting.
But it was beaton so he could have been booked for anything.

McGregor did almost/sort-of kick the ball away as the foul was given. It wasn't deserving of a yellow for me, but is it possible that's what he got the card for?

I'm pretty sure he kicked the ball into the stand at the corner flag after a freekick was blown for. Nothing bad, just the first couple of rows or so, sure Goldson and someone else was around as well. Was then booked during the substitution. Shouldn't have been booked as it was his first go a time wasting.
But it was beaton so he could have been booked for anything.
If it was for kicking the ball away, then first time or not he should have been booked. It's my pet hate, the wee kick back past the player, or the one where they run 5 yards with the ball then throw it over their head.

I'd love to see any interference will the ball after the whistle penalised, but it won't happen.

I accept the premise that he can't waste time at a substitution, but at the time he kicks the ball away, he wouldn't have known that

I thought I was imagining things with this one.

My only thought is if it was for something else, as it surely can't be for time wasting when he literally cannot play the ball.
Something similar happened in an accy game I was watching. The ball was played into the terrace and the accy keeper couldn't get it back until the steward had cleaned it.

The ref then goes to give the accy keeper a warning for time wasting when he had no ball

If it was for kicking the ball away, then first time or not he should have been booked. It's my pet hate, the wee kick back past the player, or the one where they run 5 yards with the ball then throw it over their head.

I'd love to see any interference will the ball after the whistle penalised, but it won't happen.

I accept the premise that he can't waste time at a substitution, but at the time he kicks the ball away, he wouldn't have known that
Same should apply to shirt pulling but he never done that against the Livi players last night,on more than one occasion he let it play on and done nothing.

Same should apply to shirt pulling but he never done that against the Livi players last night,on more than one occasion he let it play on and done nothing.
don't dispute that, but also don't fully agree - doesn't it require to be a promising attack to be a booking still?

There are lots where consistency is questionable. But you see plenty where shirt pulling in a tight space isn't a booking

Kicks the ball to the corner when it's a free kick for us and a multi ball ball I literally by his feet to pick up.
staggering decision

Later on, after being booked, Livi player yanked back our CH. Ref gave foul. And McGregor blasted the ball to the other end of the park as if he hadn't heard the whisltle.

Both keepers were booked for time wasting last night. McGtregor never even thought about it until after we scored in what was it? 87 minutes?

I don't understand why he could be carded here unless he's shouting something to Beaton.

Whether he kicked the ball away or not (I'm not sure he did?), what difference does it make when a sub is being made?

I honestly don’t think beaton is stable enough to ref the games, there is clearly an underlying issue

He needs to take himself out of the firing line

I did actually notice this at the time and didn’t really understand why he’d booked him - I assumed McGregor had booted a ball away or something :confused:

Was it not for not taking the fee kick from the correct place? For the remaining minutes McGregor questioned ref and assistant in a comical manner whether it was the right spot?

Did anyone see Beaton last night when the camera panned to him and he was giving it "WOW...WOW" - struck as pure arrogance. Can't remember exactly when it was but he was speaking down to one of the players with it.

Back