McGregor finished?

FFEkKsVWQAATms2

I'd be tempted to say it was total fluke if he didn't have actual decades of outstanding performance behind him to back it up. It was wild! The way his leg came up to catch the ball for that second save was like something out the Matrix

Must have got his hole last night for the first time this season and turned back into shagger because he certainly hasn’t been shagger all season

Reactions: uml
Great double save but you saw Goldson shouting and leave it for the keeper. But he was glued to his line. In real time it looked like he could have came out and collected it.
Exactly this. Great saves, but could have been avoided if he'd just come out and grabbed the cross ball. Really wish we had a keeper who could come for crosses as well as being a good shot stopper. Surely one exists?

Exactly this. Great saves, but could have been avoided if he'd just come out and grabbed the cross ball. Really wish we had a keeper who could come for crosses as well as being a good shot stopper. Surely one exists?

McLaughlin? McCrorie?

Would need to see it again but it looked to me like he should’ve come for the ball beforehand and shouldn’t have needed to make he double save.

Incredible saves but how many times were we going to let them do that cross in from the short corner before we learned? By the third time I was near tearing my hair out.

Do you disagree?

He has the lowest save percentage out of any keeper in the league.

He needs replaced, quickly.
Yeah I disagree, he has been at fault for a few goals, but hasn't been shite all season as you state, he proved you wrong tonight and you should just accept that.

How's the pie tasting? :))

Double save was world class, chuffed to see he's still got that in him.

Still needs replaced 100%. Two good saves doesn't make up for a season of shite.
:rolleyes:

What about you and a season of posting shite?

is there any player you haven’t bashed tonight?

Watching the replays now.

McGregor should've came out for the first cross but his double save was top drawer.

Also credit to Tav's clearance header when the ball came back for the third time.
I don’t understand why we keep expecting or demanding this.
McGregor doesn’t do it!
(In the same ways as some centre halfs are better in the air, some are faster, etc.)
If you consider this a fault, fair enough, but would you swap him and his second to none, shot-stopping for a keeper more likely to come out for crosses but wasn’t as good a shot-stopper.
That may well be the trade here.
Well, not with McGregor as he’s nearing the end of his career.

Reactions: tam
One game hasn’t convinced me otherwise

He pulled off a great double save but once again for me, if he comes off his line to punch it away then he doesn’t have to make the saves

First half as well another corner, floated into his 6 yard box and he’s rooted to his line

It puts us under so much pressure and frustrates the hell out of me.

Overall up until now he’s had a poor season and question marks over at least 4/5 goals we’ve conceded this season. Hopefully he gets a lift from Gio but as it stands right now I’d still rather have McLaughlin as number 1

He deserves all the credit tonight, his ability as a shot stopper has never been in question.

I still think his inadequacies (which he's always had) are starting to really become an issue and that's not something that's going to get better.

:rolleyes:

What about you and a season of posting shite?

is there any player you haven’t bashed tonight?

Aye a few actually...Goldson, Bassey, Kamara = all superb.

Sorry I'm not jumping up and down as if our entire season has been just transformed overnight.

McGregor only had to make those 2 saves because he was yet again planted to his line. Any other keeper comes out for it and relieves that pressure.

One game hasn’t convinced me otherwise

He pulled off a great double save but once again for me, if he comes off his line to punch it away then he doesn’t have to make the saves

First half as well another corner, floated into his 6 yard box and he’s rooted to his line

It puts us under so much pressure and frustrates the hell out of me.

Overall up until now he’s had a poor season and question marks over at least 4/5 goals we’ve conceded this season. Hopefully he gets a lift from Gio but as it stands right now I’d still rather have McLaughlin as number 1
The pressure can be relieved by a defender attacking the ball.
That’s a big part of his job.
If he makes an error or is just outplayed, the keeper is there to save him.
If the keeper comes for the ball and doesn’t get there, who’s going to save him/us?

When people are simply proven wrong, why do they turn to exaggeration and hyperbole.

He has been poor all season. Just go and have a read at the threads from Sunday.

The stats back it up as well, this season he lets in just about everything that comes at him. Two good saves tonight doesn't make up for it.

If he kicks on from here superb.

The pressure can be relieved by a defender attacking the ball.
That’s a big part of his job.
If he makes an error or is just outplayed, the keeper is there to save him.
If the keeper comes for the ball and doesn’t get there, who’s going to save him/us?

Why wouldn't a keeper catch the ball within his 6 yard box? There's no excuse for it at all.

Aye a few actually...Goldson, Bassey, Kamara = all superb.

Sorry I'm not jumping up and down as if our entire season has been just transformed overnight.

McGregor only had to make those 2 saves because he was yet again planted to his line. Any other keeper comes out for it and relieves that pressure.

Jesus h christ, if you cannot enjoy tonight, as a Rangers fan, and take a night off the criticism, I'd question why you fukin bother at all?

Re Greegs, I was out my seat, screaming at him to come off his line and take the cross, but seems he knows better than I do, what a save(s) :))

He has been poor all season. Just go and have a read at the threads from Sunday.

The stats back it up as well, this season he lets in just about everything that comes at him. Two good saves tonight doesn't make up for it.

If he kicks on from here superb.

Why wouldn't a keeper catch the ball within his 6 yard box? There's no excuse for it at all.

Take a night off ffs.

1/ If he kicks on from here superb.

2/ Why wouldn't a keeper catch the ball within his 6 yard box? There's no excuse for it at all.
1/ He can’t kick on if people like you want him dropped!

2/ I’ve given reasons, there is a perfectly valid excuse for it.

I would need to see it again but from where i was at the Copland end of the main stand it looked like the 2 worldies were avoidable if he collects the 1st easy cross. I may be wrong though, but that doesn't take anything away from the double save which was incredible.

Back