McGregor finished?

Incredible!

I said it before Sunday but after the hibs game I said both McGregor and Davis need to be 2nd choice.

I stand by it but I’d have lost us that game 2-1!

Right in front of me. No idea what how or what happened. When will the highlights be up

Great double save but you saw Goldson shouting and leave it for the keeper. But he was glued to his line. In real time it looked like he could have came out and collected it.
That’s exactly what I thought. If he had he wouldn’t have had to make the saves. However they were brilliant.

“Should” because you think so?
What if GvB doesn’t believe so?
Would that make TWO professional managers wrong but DT17 correct?

He should be dropped due to his performances this season in MY OPINION.

BTW the last manager had him in and out of the team every other game.

If GVB thinks he should be first choice then good for him, I hope McGregor can get back to his absolute best in that case.

It's a speciality position and Greegs is a special asset. He is up there with Zoff and Buffon at club level, and im sure they played on when they were older.

Im sure hibs had a great oldie called Budgie who played at a fine age, he played for a quite a few english clubs. I remember one game he collected the ball, and was just about to roll it out. When he realised big Hately was hiding just behind him ready to pounce when he rolled it out.

Great double save but it doesn't happen if he just comes and punches/catches a fairly simple cross.

We know this isn't his strength, so you have to question why on earth Goldson was trying to shield the attacker so McGregor can come and claim the ball. I found that quite strange.

Should have claimed the ball before it was about 2 or 3 yards from our goal. Fantastic reactions to save the second but his decision making is a concern.

Some people won't have a bad word said against McGregor but it is a concern.

Look at the majority of teams we play against in the league, they're never going to outplay us. But you get a team full of hammer throwers and you tell them that for every set piece - fling the ball into the 6 yard area because you know McGregor won't be coming for it. Puts us under so much unnecessary pressure.

Look at the majority of teams we play against in the league, they're never going to outplay us. But you get a team full of hammer throwers and you tell them that for every set piece - fling the ball into the 6 yard area because you know McGregor won't be coming for it. Puts us under so much unnecessary pressure.
He's getting worse for it the older he gets imo. That and his poor distribution is why he never played for a big club in EPL.

McGregor was superb tonight and if he’s playing like that he’s our undisputed No.1 but idea it was outrageous to question his form this season prior to tonight is just daft.

Aye a few actually...Goldson, Bassey, Kamara = all superb.

Sorry I'm not jumping up and down as if our entire season has been just transformed overnight.

McGregor only had to make those 2 saves because he was yet again planted to his line. Any other keeper comes out for it and relieves that pressure.
“Any other keeper…”

giphy.gif

BTW the last manager had him in and out of the team every other game.
No he didn’t :)):)):))

But I see you are fully committed to your double, triple, quadruple downing. McGregor played 3 x as many games as JM last season for example.

I had suggested a such after Sunday, on more than one occasion. Proved me wrong tonight, some absolutely outstanding saves.

Some people won’t have a good word said about any Rangers player.

See how easy it is to just lie and exaggerate rather than construct a real argument. ;)

Need to see it again but looked like he had to make that save as he failed to come collect a simple ball in the air that should have been his in the 1st place.

Good saves though.

As much as they saves were world class, it’s bizarre that people are trying to convince themselves his inability to not come for crosses hasn’t cost us this season.

Last edited:
The pressure can be relieved by a defender attacking the ball.
That’s a big part of his job.
If he makes an error or is just outplayed, the keeper is there to save him.
If the keeper comes for the ball and doesn’t get there, who’s going to save him/us?
Sorry but that ball was McGregors to come for all day long.

McLaughlin comes for that every day of the week.

It’s ok to acknowledge he made 2 great saves whilst stating he shouldn’t have had to make them had he come off his line

Has to come collect that ball first time. If that go’s in he is being called all sorts. No denying it was a ridiculous save afterwards though.

I put McGregor a close 2nd behind Goram.
But no one can argue that he hasn’t been at his best this season. Tonight was up there as his biggest performance this campaign.
However, it hasn’t helped McGregor that our defence has been all over the ship so far. If Gio and the coaching staff can get both parties in sync again, I don’t see any reason for McGregor to reach the heights of last season.

Hats off a great double save and helped us massively.

Best bit about that? Tav just nodding it on and out and goldson giving it ‘yyyessssss’

He may see out contract but he’s not chucked it.
Goldson is not the kind of person I'd expect to chuck it. Think it's more likely that he didn't explain himself very well on Sunday or was angry at the team performance and trying to have a dig at team mates. Not defending what he said as it was totally wrong.

Usual stuff on FF. McGregor useless one day, a god the next.

In truth he's neither. Tonight he pulled off one great save - the 2nd of the two late on with his foot. The first half of that double save was standard fare, as was his first half save.

But tonight he had no crosses to cut out - which is his biggest weakness, and every time they got a corner I had the fear. The number of wasted short corners they took late on was amazing. A few of those into the 6 yard box and it might have been different.

In truth I still think McGregor is on the wane and is not to be fully trusted. He's still capable of saves like tonight but he doesn't inspire confidence as much as before.

I wanted McGregor dropped for tonight’s game. I was so wrong. What a performance from Greegsy.

Some people won’t have a good word said about any Rangers player.

See how easy it is to just lie and exaggerate rather than construct a real argument. ;)
His argument is valid. McGregor's failure to cut out crosses has cost us several times this season already. Blind faith will not change that.

Sorry but that ball was McGregors to come for all day long.

McLaughlin comes for that every day of the week.

It’s ok to acknowledge he made 2 great saves whilst stating he shouldn’t have had to make them had he come off his line
Okay, while we’re discussing hypotheticals, would he have got there, if he hadn’t would there have been somebody on the line to protect him?
And, whilst accepting McLaughlin is the better keeper at coming for crosses, would he have saved the one McGregor did in the first half with his feet?
Bottom line, would you sacrifice McGregor’s clearly superior shot stopping for McLaughlin’s ability at dealing with cross balls?

No he didn’t :)):)):))

But I see you are fully committed to your double, triple, quadruple downing. McGregor played 3 x as many games as JM last season for example.

McGregor - 15 appearances
McLaughlin - 8 appearances
McCrorie - 2 appearances

Okay, while we’re discussing hypotheticals, would he have got there, if he hadn’t would there have been somebody on the line to protect him?
And, whilst accepting McLaughlin is the better keeper at coming for crosses, would he have saved the one McGregor did in the first half with his feet?
Bottom line, would you sacrifice McGregor’s clearly superior shot stopping for McLaughlin’s ability at dealing with cross balls?

Come on mate, the one in the first half with his foot was a good save but it's not something that any good goalkeeper wouldn't get to.

McGregor has made enough world class saves over his career that we don't need to make every 'good' save into a Gordon Banks effort.

Not only did Mcgregor pull off 2 unbelievable saves from that passage of play earlier he roasted Borna in the second half. Not content with verbals from distance he jogs out to him during a break in play to make sure he got the message. Welcome back psycho keeper keep it up.

The double save was absolutely incredible but he should have been off his line and clearing everyone out to get the ball with the big looping ball before from the initial header.

Tremendous double save, particularly the 2nd one.

Of course, we know he hates leaving his line but if he had come for that, like Goldson screamed for him to do, than it's probably not needed. But that's taking nothing away from the two saves. Vintage.

The save in the first half was just as good. As was Tav's header just after the double save.

Signs of life which is good to see.

Back