McGregor is not above criticism....

There were opportunities to halt the attack. It's not as though McGregor kicked it to a guy on the 18 yard line.

I guess everyone is a target tonight on FF scatter-gun...

You just ignoring all the other times he was trying to get forward and make things happen? In fact 5 min early he's up at the edge of there box having a pop at goal.

Tavernier is the least of our worries
The pop at goal when we had an unmarked player 5 yards beside him he couldve passed to.

Every keeper in the world has made a mistake once in a while. It was stupid and costly yes but I'm not calling for shaggers head.

Shagger’s been magnificent for us over the last 5 months. Every keeper makes mistakes, it goes with the territory. But not every keeper influences a game the way Shagger does. Give him a break FFS.

The pop at goal when we had an unmarked player 5 yards beside him he couldve passed to.
What out wide to a worse angle?

This place has been full of people moaning about our lack of attempts and he has a decent one and you still moan?

Your obvious dislike for him is embarrassing

What out wide to a worse angle?

This place has been full of people moaning about our lack of attempts and he has a decent one and you still moan?

Your obvious dislike for him is embarrassing
Dont dislike him I just dont rate him, I wouldve sold him the day after the 2016 scottish cup final.

That bloody kick out with 5 mins to go was lazy and totally unacceptable on all fronts. Whatever chance we had, was lost just after it, as a result............
Really?

It's not the greatest of kicks but it ends up near the half way line and a good couple of blocks/tackles would have stopped the shot.

He has saved us time after time. Who has saved us more? Him or the multiple Ch pairings?

Took forever to kick it and when he did he kicked it straight to them. Two minutes later under no pressure he just punts it outbthe park. Even on Sunday why was he so far out if his goal, yes the two center halves are at fault but if he stays on his line he saves it.

His saves helped us get to this stage, a poor kick out just inside our half , it should have been dealt with long before they scored.

His distribution is embarrassing however I wouldn't blame him for the goal/result. We gave the ball away in terrible areas on so many occasions tonight, it just so happened his error was punished. Could have happened at any point. Our passing is absolutely diabolical.

One kick of a ball and you hang the one person with pass marks throughout this tournament out to dry?
Really?
Embarrassing thread.

That bloody kick out with 5 mins to go was lazy and totally unacceptable on all fronts. Whatever chance we had, was lost just after it, as a result............
The goal came from mccrorie not tracking his runner! Yes mistake on Greegsy part but the guy was the a big reason we managed to get a great run in Europe this season. 14 played 2 lost!

Frustrated as hell after that tonight, but that kick out done it for me. One goal away from the knockout stages and then we got that from Alan.

Yes Shagger has come back and done a terrific job and yes he has been a standout during our European campaign, but like I said, he is not above criticism, especially when a mistake like the one tonight occurs........

Was it his fault we went out, NO. Was it down to Alan that we were in a position to qualify, before tonights game, YES.

Me just frustrated, that a mistake of such magnitude can undo so much good work......

Aye was a bad kick out but 30 seconds before it tav tried to skin 2 players near the corner flag ffs.. that 1 kick out never knocked us out ! Our lack of balls did although Spartak results were the main cause to our downfall..

He has been exceptional this season but constructive criticism isn’t a bad thing.

His kicking is and always has been appalling and so is his ability to come for crosses - I felt he should of came for the cross for the goal Vs Aberdeen the other week.

Listen this isn’t a negative towards Greegsy the big man is a legend in my eyes and his shot stopping ability is without a shadow of doubt top drawer and on occasion world class. Player of the year already no doubt about it. Let’s always get behind the big man - he deserves it and he has nothing to do with us going out.

I agree ive said for weeks that he maybe a top class keeper, but it's rare that he finds a Gers player with his kick outs.
He can't kick a ball straight in my opinion, im not saying this because of his poor delivery to - night, as ive said to my family that i thought that his poor kicking would cost us a game one of these times.And i think it happened to - night. Imo.

Wouldn’t say lazy but yes it was a poor kickout. He is the reason we got to the groups so one mistake is excusable in my book.

Agree with the OP. It's ok to recognise a mistake without wanting someone hung, drawn and quartered . Greegsys pass cost us a goal . It doesn't make him a bad gk. Folk calling that a witch hunt say more about themselves . Imagine we'd put in the exact same performance and Tav played the same pass. So me folk would be losing their shit

We aren't as good as a lot of us thought myself included. Some players not good enough. Gerrard is not above criticism however he has only had 1 transfer window. Onwards and upwards to 55 choo choo

There were a few frustrating things involved with it.

First, Tav needing five touches to then decide to pass it back to defence from the edge of their box. Then, worse, Goldson set up to pass it back to Tav, but needing five touches to do so and, in the end, deciding to give it back to McGregor since the Rapid players have closed him down in the time it took him to think. Finally, McGregor wasn't ready and nearly got closed down too, so had to rush.

It was 10 seconds of all-round panic, wanting too much time on the ball, and a concentration lapse.

I'm out.

He has saved our arses on numerous occasions this season.

Has a Poor kick out (he has never been great at distribution) and it bites him.

Get a grip OP or do you want Wes back in.

Have you not heard mate it was Tav's fault fecking unbelievable what you read on here .....

He's not above criticism.

But tonight he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

No one says he is but without him we would not be even close in qualifying tonight.. he can hold his head high others in the team cant

We wouldn’t be there without McGregor. In the end error was irrelevant as we can’t score in a brothel anyway.

Jeez mate, it wasn’t THAT bad, he got it to just about the halfway line with good height, there was about 4 passes and shot as well as runners all before it got back to him

Back