McGregor is not above criticism....

IT was his 1st mistake of the season as fas as I can remember.

If it wasn't for some of his saves earlier in the competition we would have taken a few doings, would not have made it to the league stages.

He's been our most consistent player this season.

McGregor`s use of the ball is notoriously bad, but McRorie should have kept up with the runner to cut off the pass, although he did look a bit tired at the time. Actually, he was showing signs of fatigue after an hour or so, although he had done reasonably well until that time, but inexplicably, the manager took the best man on the park out of our midfield and left the struggling McRorie in defensive midfield at a time when we knew we had to go for the winner. Baffling!!! Not only that, he once again shoehorned the anonymous Coulibaly into the starting line up, pushing Arfield out wide, and as for McCauley, it saddens me to say it, but the guy`s done. Never mind McGregor not being above criticism - the manager isn`t above criticism either. I`m delighted with how far we`ve gone in Europe and it has certainly exceeded my expectations. I guess I`m really frustrated just now because that game was distinctly winnable, but I think most of us now know that the `Stevie G` factor on its own simply won`t be enough to reinstate us as serious challengers at home or abroad. I`m sure he knows we will need reinforcements next month, but for me, he isn`t yet making best use of what we have now and that is making ne uneasy. I hope it`s just the fact that I`m still feeling raw after the game, but I`m beginning to have serious doubts about the manager`s tactical nous and his seeming loyalty to players who are simply not good enough!

His kicking is suspect but should get a pass for all the times he's single handedly won us games.

I'm out.

He has saved our arses on numerous occasions this season.

Has a Poor kick out (he has never been great at distribution) and it bites him.

Get a grip OP or do you want Wes back in.
SG would have his coat on a very shaky nail if it wasnt wasnt for mcgregor.
Saved us in the majority of games and also gives the defence aggro if not performing.
Going to be a hard act to replace

It’s his fault we didn’t create any chances?

It’s his fault we didn’t defend the attack with plenty of us back?

McGregor is the absolute least of our worries ffs
The amounta times McGregor has bailed out our defence this season ...youd think our defence couldve bailed him out after a bad kick out !

McGregors distribution is his biggest flaw. There’s no getting away from it.

That being said, we would be absolutely nowhere this season, in Europe and domestically, without him.

Still arguably our best player.

I remember when Klos came back from injury he stopped taking goal kicks, when we have a central defender who has such a great ability to play a long ball in Connor Goldson, I wouldn’t be against the idea of this. I know it maybe sounds a bit far fetched, but considering it’s been done before, it’s possibly a thought.

He knew he had made a mistake the moment it left his foot. To criticise him.is scandalous for the amount of points he's probably saved this season. Bit of a shite op truth be told.

I was coming on to post the same.
As soon as he kicked it you seen the reaction from him.
Id say the ball should have been cut out by McCrorie at the goal,but he was tiring badly after another big shift for a young lad.
But for me the look on McGregors face when the camera panned in on him was shock.
The big man knew he made the error but like all good players he knows he will make it up to himself,team and the fans
O p id give him the POTY award right now!

He’s earned us so many points this season already.

Let’s face it if he didn’t make that error it would have finished 0-0 and we would have been out anyway.

That bloody kick out with 5 mins to go was lazy and totally unacceptable on all fronts. Whatever chance we had, was lost just after it, as a result............

Perhaps but do you think our inablity to put the ball in the net is his fault?

Its been clear since day one..... we are weak up front...... why can't everyone see this?

All ifs and buts.

Tav pissing away possession less than a minute earlier while we're pushed up, cost us more than the kick out. If he didn't flap and give it tamely away, then shagger isn't in that position to begin with.

Players still got a lot to do when he receives it, wasn’t Mcgregor who didn’t track the runner for the goal
Agreed mate. I thought McCrorie was looking heavy legged even before that and would have preferred him to have been sacrificed rather than Jack (even though he was on the yellow).

Also, before the pelters start, i'm not criticising McCrorie (i like the boy and am convinced he will have a real future)...i realise he's hardly kicked a ball for 3 months...that simply reinforces my point.

its true though fantastic stopper and a great asset, but not good at commanding his box at crosses always hesitates to come for the ball and his distribution can be a bit erratic at times, still wouldnt have anyone else in goal for us though

Yes it was a poor kick out but it did land at the Vienna player wide near the half way line. Not like it was right in front of goal.

Maybe McGregor’s team mates could have done something about that next phase of attack!

It's not a secret he cant kick it with accuracy it's always been his weakest thing.

Tav, Goldson or Barasic should be able to though!

This is very harsh on McGregor, who has had an excellent season so far.

Yeah, his kick out led to the goal, but it as one error amongst a multitude of positives he has given us this season.

Back