McGregor the main reason we won the league narrative

Quotes from a Gordon Parks article in the DR about Barkas, and following on from John Collins' comments

"Missing in action in the big moments, when asked to bail out his side, he’s nowhere and that’s the truth of it.

Allan McGregor is the point in case, a keeper who makes the big saves when it matters and the main reason Rangers won the title last season, end of story."

Clearly trying to diminish how good we were all over the pitch
Goalkeeper in doing his job shocker. We have broken these bastards.

In stunned that anyone still reads anything this utter filth sympathising cockwallet writes.

Fucking useless idiot of a “sports journalist”
I really object to these pricks being referred to as journalists.

Compare their output with the stuff available for free from

The Blizzard is great as well, but not so free.

Totally ignoring the fact that Shagger had nothing to do in about 80% of our games - you would think the opposition had laid siege to us.

What Shagger did was simply pull off key saves when called upon - probably harder to do than having to pull off save after save most games. Hopefully it's more of the same this season.

I've always believed Gordon Ashley in the DR Hotline worked for them to bait us and Parks is my main suspect. McGregor was there when called on last season, and brilliantly so. But to claim we won the league mainly due to his form is beyond ludicrous. It's garbage like this that prevents me buying these rags.

Quotes from a Gordon Parks article in the DR about Barkas, and following on from John Collins' comments

"Missing in action in the big moments, when asked to bail out his side, he’s nowhere and that’s the truth of it.

Allan McGregor is the point in case, a keeper who makes the big saves when it matters and the main reason Rangers won the title last season, end of story."

Clearly trying to diminish how good we were all over the pitch

This narrative makes me happy.

If they think signing a decent goalie is good enough for them to overtake us then they are fucked.

End of story hahaha, the defence had nothing to do with it or the strikers who scored far more than them. No, Allan McGregor made a hundred saves a game otherwise we would have lost so many games. Basically cheated out way to the title by having our goalie play on cheat mode. He's some keeper but 25 points he won for us single handed, unprecedented
It's the 'end of story' bit that gets me, literally no credit given to our superb tactics and the skill of the outfield players

With the exception of the BBC, the MSM are not a public service, they are private organisations that can take any editorial stance they wish and hate us all they want. They have no requirement to be impartial. As long as they don’t libel or slander anyone, they can say what they like. In a democratic, capitalist free country, you as the consumer then have the choice whether to pay for their content or not.

Good! Let them think that and watch them get the sharks out again when they realise thats not the case.

Yes, he adds a fair few points each season but it's not all down to shagger.

It’s the lack of impartiality, honesty and professionalism with SMSM.

For any journalist to dismiss Rangers in the way that we won league in the way he has, is embarrassing.

The defence got the clean sheet record, not just MGregor, won the league in the quickest time ever, great performances in Europe (again) single handedly improving the Scottish co-efficient, some outstanding attacking football and goals which was a pleasure to watch.

All of this with a much smaller budget than the journalists favourites and with the train wreck that Gerrard inherited, the turnaround has been phenomenal. But forget that, it was all because they have a shite goalie. Oh how we laughed, the bitter bastard is hurting so much.
It’s more ,trying to appease their target audience .

Back