McGregor the main reason we won the league narrative

Big Vern

Quotes from a Gordon Parks article in the DR about Barkas, and following on from John Collins' comments

"Missing in action in the big moments, when asked to bail out his side, he’s nowhere and that’s the truth of it.

Allan McGregor is the point in case, a keeper who makes the big saves when it matters and the main reason Rangers won the title last season, end of story."

Clearly trying to diminish how good we were all over the pitch

Quotes from a Gordon Parks article in the DR about Barkas, and following on from John Collins' comments

"Missing in action in the big moments, when asked to bail out his side, he’s nowhere and that’s the truth of it.

Allan McGregor is the point in case, a keeper who makes the big saves when it matters and the main reason Rangers won the title last season, end of story."

He talks absolute pish

You’re diminishing the 30 goals he scored… Wait. What?

Why worry?

It’s the lack of impartiality, honesty and professionalism with SMSM.

For any journalist to dismiss Rangers in the way that we won league in the way he has, is embarrassing.

The defence got the clean sheet record, not just MGregor, won the league in the quickest time ever, great performances in Europe (again) single handedly improving the Scottish co-efficient, some outstanding attacking football and goals which was a pleasure to watch.

All of this with a much smaller budget than the journalists favourites and with the train wreck that Gerrard inherited, the turnaround has been phenomenal. But forget that, it was all because they have a shite goalie. Oh how we laughed, the bitter bastard is hurting so much.

It was the same shite in reverse during our run to Manchester and 3iar where it wasn't that McGregor was brilliant, it was because he had Weir and Cuellar/Bougherra in front of him, or just anti-football.

Oh shit. So the tims only need to sign a competent keeper and they will win the league. Hope nobody told the fat Ozzy this revelation.

McGregor was crucial for us getting the undefeated season but we’re still walking the title with McLaughlin in goal.

Some stand out saves, though plenty of games he didn’t have much to do.

End of story hahaha, the defence had nothing to do with it or the strikers who scored far more than them. No, Allan McGregor made a hundred saves a game otherwise we would have lost so many games. Basically cheated out way to the title by having our goalie play on cheat mode. He's some keeper but 25 points he won for us single handed, unprecedented

let them write their pish. The 2 tims I talk football with have both said, paraphrasing, "yous were brilliant, we were pish"

i could've played in goals and we'd still have won the league

McGregor was crucial for us getting the undefeated season but we’re still walking the title with McLaughlin in goal.

Some stand out saves, though plenty of games he didn’t have much to do.
Had some amazing saves in that 20 mins. In most games he was barely troubled fs

I argued at the time McGregor shouldn't even have been in the running for poty for this very reason. If a goalie wins it then I'd expect they've made countless saves, earned their team multiple additional points over the season and played every match, not just two thirds of them. He made some crucial stops over the season, no denying that, but I'm sure statto's, if they cba, would find that last season he faced the least number of shots, crosses, penalties etc in his entire career. Davis, Tav, Goldson, Kamara, Kent all contributed more to the title win as they were far more involved and played almost every game.

But McGregor wouldn’t have got in their team last season. Which is it? Maybe he just doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about and just latched onto Collins comment because he couldn’t think of anything for himself.

McGregor was a top performer for us last season but the most important incremental improvement from 2019/2020 to 2020/2021 was different players stepping up and taking responsibility at different points in the season. McLaughlin, Tavernier, Jack, Barisic, Arfield, Kent, Roofe, Morelos, Aribo, Helander, Balogun and Hagi were great last season as were Itten, Defoe and Patterson. Goldson, Davis and McGregor were a level above in terms of consistency but to say that McGregor was the main reason we utterly dominated is stupid.

To be honest if that is what they want to think then long may it continue because it demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the reasons for Rangers success and Celtics failure.

The end of story was the first letter of that article. So many journalists joining Graham Spiers' 'discredited' status. Although Parks was there a long time ago.

Allan McGregor is the point in case, a keeper who makes the big saves when it matters and the main reason Rangers won the title last season, end of story.
They are writing for celtic fans in the hope they will buy the paper tomorrow. Tell them what they want to hear is an old propaganda trick.
End of story !

Well, as I posted on the Collins thread, if McGregor scored the goals Tavernier, Roofe and Morelos did, if he created the chances Tavernier, Kent and Hagi did, if he were part of a central defence that managed a record shut out season and if he dominated a game from midfield like Davis and Kamara did, all in the same game and even at the same time, Parks would have a point.
Unfortunately, Parks is a typical scumbag moron trying to denigrate our achievement last season.
His learnings from playing in the juniors and at the fives with “Lenny” have taught him nothing.
Nothing other than being a bigoted clown for whom only Rangers matter.

When have they ever just accepted us being the better team?

I think it's great to read and hear from them, because it is just indicative of how much torment they are in. A bit like the guy whose mate gets off with a girl he likes and comes out with the "but i saw her first" exasperated patter.

The hallmark of true losers. Frickin' beautiful.

We would have won the league even if McLaughlin had been in goal all season. In fact he did play in 11 of our league games in which he lost a total of 3 goals.

Somebody else mentioned another factor that's greatly significant. Shots against. In those 11 league games McLaughlin faced a total of 17 shots. Around 1.5 a game.

That's a remarkably low number and that's down to the high quality of the defence in front of both McLaughlin and McGregor. If we had McGregor but their defence and they had our defence we wouldn't have won the league.

Let them continue to pedal their horse shit, it's only more denial.

The truth is they were insipid up front, weak in the midfield and absolutely piss poor in defence. That's before you even address their comedy goal keepers or car crash manager.

More lies from the rc propaganda machine , keep it coming if it helps you I say.

Last edited:
Hahahaha, unless by some miracle the scum sign a keeper and another 3 defenders and all of them work out, I’d predict honestly that they’ll concede about 50 goals this season, probably about 15 of them to us.

I hope their club agrees with him, if they don’t know their problems they can’t address them. These people are as thick as they are hateful. Glorious

For people like parks maybe he has forgot that a goalkeepers job is to stop the ball going in the net I mean he had a full season of watching barkas and bain miss everything fired at them

Gordon parks hates us , I’m surprised with all his crywanking last season that he’s able to pen an article the now

if you ever wanted to see the standard of MSM then look no further than parks , awful chip on his shoulder cry baby

Spot on and once again it just confirms why MSM is irrelevant and slowly dying and fan media grows stronger by the day.

Back