Mcgregor

irvine96

Yes today before anyone starts - we kept a clean sheet

but

couple hairy moments - the mental pass out to balogun in the first half that came down with snow on it and also the scramble where the big man took on the post.

that cross comes in literally 1/2 yards from the goal line and he doesn’t come and collect it.

he avoids criticism for being “staunch” but I think that Mclaughlin will be our number 1 sooner than later imo
Being staunch doesnt make you a good player..look at Andy Halliday and Boab Malcolm :))

Talktalk

but

couple hairy moments - the mental pass out to balogun in the first half that came down with snow on it and also the scramble where the big man took on the post.

that cross comes in literally 1/2 yards from the goal line and he doesn’t come and collect it.

he avoids criticism for being “staunch” but I think that Mclaughlin will be our number 1 sooner than later imo
I’m beginning to doubt myself if I watched Rangers winning away from home against a team we have struggled against recently as basically one by one each of our players has been criticised on the forum, i agree no player is above criticism but after a win on the first day of the season

tazzabear

but

He avoids criticism because he’s the best in the country.

Potnbear

Nothing to do with his actual goal keeping but his decion making when passing out to players from dead ball did cause a cpl of scary moments. Pep would have been proud of him:)

tazzabear

Nonsense.

People don't half get carried away by a few friendly performances on here.

McGregor makes about as a few mistakes as any goalkeeper does in a season. Even still.

It's his jersey until these start becoming very frequent. He has earned the jersey through more than just a few friendly games as good as McLaughlin was.

It's the usual rule of "the guys on the bench must be better than the guys in the team....erm....just because."
It’s more simple than that.
Some people feel the need to have a “look at me” post that needs to be controversial.

JW1988

Astounds me that in modern football we have a goalie that can be so poor at kicking. Then when he does hit one on target it’s to Hagi against McKenna!!

Amazing shot stopper and reassuring presence. Doesn’t come for crosses but at least we all know that by now.

Tagsbear

but

You must have watched Klos with your eyes shut if you decided your username and criticise goalies for not being good with their feet!

Melbbear

It was a wicked corner also about 20 played in the box would been hard to get to it. The bid thing he came out with the ball so what’s the problem.
Also was probably the closest they came to scoring in the game.

Bianconeri Bear

Ffs. He avoids criticism because he’s consistently good. Very rarely makes a mistake and wins us numerous points a season. His concentration levels are excellent which is what you need when our keepers frequently have little to do then are called into action to win us the game. He doesn’t avoid criticism because he’s “staunch”.

As for him not coming for a cross, that’s never been his strength and isn’t likely to change at this stage of his career.

rfc_chris_rfc

He didn’t really have much to do yesterday, he should have came for that cross but that’s a weakness and that’s always been there he has never improved. But I thought he was fine yesterday other than that one mistake.

Official Ticketer
In injury time he took a free kick deep in our half and as he was approaching to take it he shouted “Shut it Connor, I dinnae want to f*cking hear it” :D
Pair of them must have been arguing about something (I was watching on RTV with no crowd noise)
Sounds like a married couple having a tiff, won’t be able to get that out my head now :))

Otis Blue

Great keeper and thought he did well enough yesterday. yes he should maybe dealt with the cross better but our Mcgregor loves a goalmouth incident. We come out of this one unscathed.

Jase

In most games McGregor does fcuk all. Can’t see why we keep him.

Mibbees it’s the odd world class save he produces after freezing his gonads off for 80 min.

Delboy Trotter

It was a wicked corner also about 20 played in the box would been hard to get to it. The bid thing he came out with the ball so what’s the problem.
Also was probably the closest they came to scoring in the game.
It wasn’t hard to get to. There was no one blocking him from coming a couple of yards off his line and punching the ball away

albertz85

Talking about him not coming off his line for a cross that didn't result in a goal, ffs some people will find anything to have a moan about.

GEEEDUBYA

He's a great keeper, capable of some outstanding saves. Crosses, he's a bit suspect & our centre halfs should know that & act accordingly. The corner yesterday was Greegs all the way.

tazzabear

Yes, I couldn’t recall him saving one
I think we need to clarify the difference between “making a save” and “ having a save to make”.
To me Lewis had at least two saves to make.
The one where Kent and the one that was cleared after he’d been beaten.
The one where he saved from Hagi from distance would qualify as a “save he had to make and did so”.

Der-goalie

Nah been reading and the posters who actually look at the corner and see it was his ball all the way rather than defend him , if that goes in yday the way folk on here act to defend him is unreal. If that was foderingham he gets slaughtered. No one was blocking him in any way , it was 2 yards out and he should of been starting there rather than on his line! It’s moments like that , that cost you points. Mclaughlin to me in my opinion will play more games than some might think
Has the OP returned to thread? Or has he realised he has made a massive lady's front bottom of it?