Mcgregor

Der-goalie

Yes today before anyone starts - we kept a clean sheet

but

couple hairy moments - the mental pass out to balogun in the first half that came down with snow on it and also the scramble where the big man took on the post.

that cross comes in literally 1/2 yards from the goal line and he doesn’t come and collect it.

he avoids criticism for being “staunch” but I think that Mclaughlin will be our number 1 sooner than later imo

but

couple hairy moments - the mental pass out to balogun in the first half that came down with snow on it and also the scramble where the big man took on the post.

that cross comes in literally 1/2 yards from the goal line and he doesn’t come and collect it.

he avoids criticism for being “staunch” but I think that Mclaughlin will be our number 1 sooner than later imo

Nonsense.

People don't half get carried away by a few friendly performances on here.

McGregor makes about as a few mistakes as any goalkeeper does in a season. Even still.

It's his jersey until these start becoming very frequent. He has earned the jersey through more than just a few friendly games as good as McLaughlin was.

It's the usual rule of "the guys on the bench must be better than the guys in the team....erm....just because."

In injury time he took a free kick deep in our half and as he was approaching to take it he shouted “Shut it Connor, I don’t want to f*cking hear it” :D
Pair of them must have been arguing about something (I was watching on RTV with no crowd noise)
That made me laugh.

but

I can't take anyone seriously that uses the term " staunch" !

Or to look at one of the examples a different way:

Defender never attacked the ball and McGregor makes a great save amongst a scramble

Of all the things to takeaway from the game today, McGregor potentially losing his starting position never even crossed my mind tbh

Some people are never happy. We won, clean sheet and yet the OP wants to criticise our goalkeeper for a pass that was mis-kicked but never caused any issue and a cross which he may have came for but again, never resulted in a shot on target let alone a goal.

Some people shouldn't be allowed access to the internet.

Top keeper but biggest weakness is that he doesnt command his 6 yard box. Almost caused an equaliser today and (while most people blamed a substitution at a corner) same happened against Motherwell, I think in one of Gerrards first games. 2 instances off the top of my head and I know he's saved us on many more occasions. Been a great servant for us but shouldn't escape criticism for that weakness when others get crucified on here for making mistakes.

McGregor usually comes up with a brilliant save or two a game, he's worth a good amount of points over a season. Adding McLaughlin as competition should bring out the best of him, two very good goalkeeping options to have.

He saved the ball and then almost got bundled in to the net and stamped on.
Gies a break with this pish. He had absolutely nothing to do all game and the one decent shot they had he saved it like it was a warm up shot in to him. Absolute roasters on here man!

He avoids criticism because for every botched attempt at collecting from a corner there are 2/3 world class saves he has no right to get to. A miskick and throwing himself into a scramble does not warrant a thread questioning his position. He is and will be one of the 1st names on the team sheet for the rest of the season. He is a priceless commodity.

I think he does avoid criticism but he was fine today and that’s a poor argument overall. McGregor is our number 1 and will probably keep that role this season unless something crazy happens *touch wood*

but

DW4R6a9.gif

His mistakes that cost us are rarer than hens teeth.Guys quality and has his his faults like every player but he’s a great keeper.

but

Give him a break, he’s hardly played in 5 months ffs

I don’t like the fact he never comes off his line.

Today he nearly cost us by failing to come for a simple corner that landed about 2 yards from him.

but

Being staunch doesnt make you a good player..look at Andy Halliday and Boab Malcolm :))

but

I’m beginning to doubt myself if I watched Rangers winning away from home against a team we have struggled against recently as basically one by one each of our players has been criticised on the forum, i agree no player is above criticism but after a win on the first day of the season

but

He avoids criticism because he’s the best in the country.

Nothing to do with his actual goal keeping but his decion making when passing out to players from dead ball did cause a cpl of scary moments. Pep would have been proud of him:)

Nonsense.

People don't half get carried away by a few friendly performances on here.

McGregor makes about as a few mistakes as any goalkeeper does in a season. Even still.

It's his jersey until these start becoming very frequent. He has earned the jersey through more than just a few friendly games as good as McLaughlin was.

It's the usual rule of "the guys on the bench must be better than the guys in the team....erm....just because."
It’s more simple than that.
Some people feel the need to have a “look at me” post that needs to be controversial.

Back