Mcgregor

Astounds me that in modern football we have a goalie that can be so poor at kicking. Then when he does hit one on target it’s to Hagi against McKenna!!

Amazing shot stopper and reassuring presence. Doesn’t come for crosses but at least we all know that by now.

Yes today before anyone starts - we kept a clean sheet

but

couple hairy moments - the mental pass out to balogun in the first half that came down with snow on it and also the scramble where the big man took on the post.

that cross comes in literally 1/2 yards from the goal line and he doesn’t come and collect it.

he avoids criticism for being “staunch” but I think that Mclaughlin will be our number 1 sooner than later imo

You must have watched Klos with your eyes shut if you decided your username and criticise goalies for not being good with their feet!

It was a wicked corner also about 20 played in the box would been hard to get to it. The bid thing he came out with the ball so what’s the problem.
Also was probably the closest they came to scoring in the game.

Ffs. He avoids criticism because he’s consistently good. Very rarely makes a mistake and wins us numerous points a season. His concentration levels are excellent which is what you need when our keepers frequently have little to do then are called into action to win us the game. He doesn’t avoid criticism because he’s “staunch”.

As for him not coming for a cross, that’s never been his strength and isn’t likely to change at this stage of his career.

He didn’t really have much to do yesterday, he should have came for that cross but that’s a weakness and that’s always been there he has never improved. But I thought he was fine yesterday other than that one mistake.

When opposition break from our defence and go clean through greegs saves 9/10 of them he's a machine

In injury time he took a free kick deep in our half and as he was approaching to take it he shouted “Shut it Connor, I dinnae want to f*cking hear it” :D
Pair of them must have been arguing about something (I was watching on RTV with no crowd noise)
Sounds like a married couple having a tiff, won’t be able to get that out my head now :))

Great keeper and thought he did well enough yesterday. yes he should maybe dealt with the cross better but our Mcgregor loves a goalmouth incident. We come out of this one unscathed.

In most games McGregor does fcuk all. Can’t see why we keep him.

Mibbees it’s the odd world class save he produces after freezing his gonads off for 80 min.

Maybe two saves,
did sheep goalie have one?
...did the sheep goalie have one?
I'll check the score and get back to you. :p
PS There would also have been a second from Aribo, if the defender had not cleared it late on.

Last edited:
It was a wicked corner also about 20 played in the box would been hard to get to it. The bid thing he came out with the ball so what’s the problem.
Also was probably the closest they came to scoring in the game.

It wasn’t hard to get to. There was no one blocking him from coming a couple of yards off his line and punching the ball away

Talking about him not coming off his line for a cross that didn't result in a goal, ffs some people will find anything to have a moan about.

He's a great keeper, capable of some outstanding saves. Crosses, he's a bit suspect & our centre halfs should know that & act accordingly. The corner yesterday was Greegs all the way.

Has the OP returned to thread? Or has he realised he has made a massive lady's front bottom of it?

Yes, I couldn’t recall him saving one
I think we need to clarify the difference between “making a save” and “ having a save to make”.
To me Lewis had at least two saves to make.
The one where Kent and the one that was cleared after he’d been beaten.
The one where he saved from Hagi from distance would qualify as a “save he had to make and did so”.

Nah been reading and the posters who actually look at the corner and see it was his ball all the way rather than defend him , if that goes in yday the way folk on here act to defend him is unreal. If that was foderingham he gets slaughtered. No one was blocking him in any way , it was 2 yards out and he should of been starting there rather than on his line! It’s moments like that , that cost you points. Mclaughlin to me in my opinion will play more games than some might think
Has the OP returned to thread? Or has he realised he has made a massive lady's front bottom of it?

I've noticed more and more teams in England are using the short goal kick.and we seem to have reverted to it after binning it last season.seems to be an accident waiting to happen

I’m beginning to doubt myself if I watched Rangers winning away from home against a team we have struggled against recently as basically one by one each of our players has been criticised on the forum, i agree no player is above criticism but after a win on the first day of the season
Says more about the forum than the team.

Thankfully, FF is not the real world.

but

couple hairy moments - the mental pass out to balogun in the first half that came down with snow on it and also the scramble where the big man took on the post.

that cross comes in literally 1/2 yards from the goal line and he doesn’t come and collect it.

he avoids criticism for being “staunch” but I think that Mclaughlin will be our number 1 sooner than later imo
McGregor installs confidence in the defence, indeed in the team. He's been consistently excellent for years and as long as he's doing so then that's fine for me

If we are criticising mcgregor after 1 league game away at pittodrie where we didn't concede we must be in great shape

but

I can just about remember Billy Ritchie and every one of our keepers since and while we have had some fantastic ones none of them were dominant at coming out for cross balls.Fortunately we have also had some decent Centre Halves as well.

In injury time he took a free kick deep in our half and as he was approaching to take it he shouted “Shut it Connor, I dinnae want to f*cking hear it” :D
Pair of them must have been arguing about something (I was watching on RTV with no crowd noise)
Any clips?

McGregors on a mission from god, he's here to get us 55 this year.

Let's stop slagging our guys and start supporting them.

OP is right, he definately has his flaws.
BUT on his day Greegs is world class, he pulls of saves that only the best keepers in the world can.
Yes one day his flaws will become too many and the reflexes will not be as good.
Just not sure its now

Some people are never happy. We won, clean sheet and yet the OP wants to criticise our goalkeeper for a pass that was mis-kicked but never caused any issue and a cross which he may have came for but again, never resulted in a shot on target let alone a goal.

Some people shouldn't be allowed access to the internet.
Love it when folk who are calm after we drop points, comes on to offer a bit of logic and sanity in the face of a 1 goal victory.

I would hate being a fan and carrying around that sort of criticism in my head ,either that or its seeking to put anything on FF no matter what just to get gratification “likes”

Its not up for logical debate whichever way you look at it

Ahhhh right, heres an idea.

Keeper keeps a clean sheet away from home.

Straight to FF to complain about it.

He avoids criticism for several years of high quality performances both north and south of the border and several trophies won.

Not for being fkng staunch

He gets an easy ride up here whenever he makes mistakes - whether it be goalkeeping errors or him acting like a wee guy and lashing out etc.

but

Fuksake if it's not one think it's another. Have you ever seen the perfect team where no one puts a foot wrong, I bet if you did you would find some fuking thing to moan about. Why don't you just enjoy the result, we won didn't we.

I think we may end going with McLaughlin based on the fact he looks quite good with his feet from what I remember seeing in pre season. Obviously OP getting crucified for criticising Shagger but the point he’s making isn’t as ridiculous as some are suggesting

but

You have a point about him not coming off the line but he certainly doesnt avoid criticism for being staunch. He avoids it because 9 out 10 games he is consistently quality.

Back