McGregor

How good was he tonight? He was outstanding and some of his saves were unreal. The guy is sensational and we are so lucky to have him.

He kept that score line down for sure.
Aye but he is finnished , ex hearts , bradford keeper is better

I've just read someone on another thread call him a "disgrace" because of his positioning at the free kick :oops:

This place is fuckin toxic but I completely agree OP.
Read that before it disappeared, should have let it stay so the poster could see and had to face up to the rip roaring chunt they had made of themself.

He was brilliant, as he always is in these games.

Look forward to hearing from the many who were disgusted when he signed his deal.

Read that before it disappeared, should have let it stay so the poster could see and had to face up to the rip roaring chunt they had made of themself.
I know emotions can run high on a match thread but some of the things people post. After the Dundee United game some guy said he has hated Gio since January.

How the manager decided to go into the season with his as backup to McLaughlin is....emmm a worry.
Most people on here agreed with that.

McGregor didnt have his best season last year but he seems to be having a renaissance this season.

Long may it continue.

Our best player tonight.

I don’t think anyone ever doubted his ability to save shots though.

Most people on here agreed with that.

McGregor didnt have his best season last year but he seems to be having a renaissance this season.

Long may it continue.
Yes, and the manager decided that he'd play the guy he deemed second choice for the season before ahead of him. Mental.

Legend - will be missed when he retires.

Going to be impossible to replace unless we strike it lucky with our youths coming through.

Signing a comparable goalkeeper will cost the earth.

Yes, and the manager decided that he'd play the guy he deemed second choice for the season before ahead of him. Mental.
The guy deemed 2nd choice is also an International standard keeper so its not really.

He had also not let us down when he did play so he was given his chance.

Unfortunately he made several big errors at Parkhead so he was replaced.

The guy deemed 2nd choice is also an International standard keeper so its not really.

He had also not let us down when he did play so he was given his chance.

Unfortunately he made several big errors at Parkhead so he was replaced.
What, 3rd choice for Scotland? Fúcking hell mate haha have some dignity in yourself.

Especially in a game like tonight where what we need is a shot stopper, he is the man and I think he gets to keep Nunez now.

What, 3rd choice for Scotland? Fúcking hell mate haha have some dignity in yourself.
The point being is that McLaughlin IS an International Standard Keeper and not some youngster getting his first games.

Because of McGregors poor season last season, most people wanted McLaughlin given a chance and he got it.

Unfortunately he isnt a Rangers standard goalie for a full season.

I was slaughtered for it at the time when I mentioned McLaughlin wouldnt be number 1 anymore and the “injury” was a way of getting McGregor back in the side - Seems to be whats happening now.

I am his biggest critic and he cost us the league last season because he was unable to deal with crosses into his six yard box. He was great tonight but don't let that affect your memory about the goals he pawned last season which cost us very dearly.
Last season has come and gone. People were doubting he is still the best keeper at the club. He’s saved us more than he’s let us down. We don’t get to the UEFA final last season without his saves.

Last season has come and gone. People were doubting he is still the best keeper at the club. He’s saved us more than he’s let us down. We don’t get to the UEFA final last season without his saves.
I accept that as well as the fact that he's our number one, but I won't forget the howlers from him that cost us so dearly last season.

I accept that as well as the fact that he's our number one, but I won't forget the howlers from him that cost us so dearly last season.
But you’ll forget the saves he makes to get us to a European final?

I've just read someone on another thread call him a "disgrace" because of his positioning at the free kick :oops:

This place is fuckin toxic but I completely agree OP.
He wasn't even that far from getting a hand to it.

Don't think he could have done much better than he did as it was a fucking perfect free kick.

Maybe if he was a few years younger he could have got it, just maybe.

He was outstanding tonight and only beaten by an outstanding freekick and a perfectly executed penalty.

The rest of the team, meh.

Maybe Goldson aside.

I'll hold my hand up and say I thought McLaughlin deserved his chance at the start of the season, but McGregor has been so solid since he got his chance, there's no way he's getting dropped now.

Turned the clock back tonight, I honestly thought that level of performance was now beyond him .

Glad to be wrong.

Back