McInnes - “We raise our game every game. They shouldn’t flatter themselves

Bonnyloyal

The Dons manager hit back at his Rangers counterpart after Gerrard insisted Aberdeen didn’t lay a finger on their Old Firm rivals in the Scottish Cup semi-final a week past Sunday.

Gerrard said: “Aberdeen play differently against Rangers. That’s what I’ve noticed. They certainly raise their game. It seems as if Rangers is their biggest game of the season.

“Do they try harder against Rangers? That’s the way it looks on the eye. We watched them last week against Celtic and they never laid a finger on Celtic in the semi-final.”

McInnes, though, insists that’s simply not the case and that his players go into every game at 100 per cent.

He said: “We raise our game every game. They shouldn’t flatter themselves.

“We don’t always get the results, our home form could have been better this season, especially the second half, but our away form has been second to none.

“We have had six years of solid work and we have raised our game time and again against every opponent. Naturally it is a big game against Rangers, our players will enjoy it.”

The Dons manager hit back at his Rangers counterpart after Gerrard insisted Aberdeen didn’t lay a finger on their Old Firm rivals in the Scottish Cup semi-final a week past Sunday.

Gerrard said: “Aberdeen play differently against Rangers. That’s what I’ve noticed. They certainly raise their game. It seems as if Rangers is their biggest game of the season.

“Do they try harder against Rangers? That’s the way it looks on the eye. We watched them last week against Celtic and they never laid a finger on Celtic in the semi-final.”

McInnes, though, insists that’s simply not the case and that his players go into every game at 100 per cent.

“We don’t always get the results, our home form could have been better this season, especially the second half, but our away form has been second to none.

“We have had six years of solid work and we have raised our game time and again against every opponent. Naturally it is a big game against Rangers, our players will enjoy it.”

1z4kdp0.jpg

I want us to hammer these cunts, the results against us have taken the heat off this jobber.
Agreed I am desperate as I suspect majority of bears are to get one over them and I mean dishing out a 3/4-0 hiding! At least if my maths are correct a win this weekend secures second spot

I wake up every day Steve Clark style and thank god he isnt and never will be the Rangers manager

Only ex Ranger that i possibly hate a rodent of a man

The sheep will turn on him soon enough next season as they slide down the league and he will be a hun bastard

Only suprise is he has managed to keep them at the same level but they will fall off the cliff sooner rather than later

Aye sure you do. In 7 years, you've gave Celtic a decent game twice. A win under Deila and the Scottish cup final in Rodgers first season.

Naw delboy, it's not FLATTERY, it's Fuukin FACT.

Don't think u are kiddin anyone son.

It’s physically impossible to ‘raise your game’ every game. Players don’t have unlimited energy.

I wake up every day Steve Clark style and thank god he isnt and never will be the Rangers manager

Only ex Ranger that i possibly hate a rodent of a man

The sheep will turn on him soon enough next season as they slide down the league and he will be a hun bastard

Only suprise is he has managed to keep them at the same level but they will fall off the cliff sooner rather than later
Are you a pish stained jakeball?;);)

Said it before, according to an Aberdeen player the managers attention to the level of analysis, intensity of training and focus is significantly increased compared to when they play other clubs up at the top of the table.

Back