Mcinnes backroom staff

I reckon we will have a celtic fan as a boy as assistant, whose family are all celtic.

Murty

and ill be happy he is.

Do you mean McDowall? He was coming in on the back of the Smith-McCoist ticket - two legends that had a lot of goodwill in the bank.

The support is already unsure about McInnes and then 3 Yahoos are going to rock up behind him? He just doesn't have the credentials to force such a move through. I think it would only heighten cynicism and dampen enthusiasm.

I thought we'd seen the damage Martin Bain's policy had on the club but maybe not.

I sincerely doubt McIness will be bringing the three of them, so it's all academic. JJ is still here and the board clearly want him to be a part of any future set up. Regardless, McDowall working at Celtic for 10 years is far worse than a guy supporting them as a kid but having zero connections in his personal career — goodwill in the bank or not. Murty grew up in an equally Celtic daft family and leaned towards them as well, mind

Some on this forum would genuinely rather have Barry Robson involved than they would Barry Ferguson :D

I've got to admit it doesn't make for great viewing does it?

For those who wanted McInnes appointed i have a query:

A) Would you take him and his current backroom staff at Ibrox.
B) If not, do you not feel having a completely different set up for him to work with is even more of a risk?

I would rather none of them came including McInnes.
After Millers antics I'll be glad to see the back of him.
If McInnes is appointed I'll give him the support he deserves but id rather he didn't bring his staff with him.

Do you mean McDowall? He was coming in on the back of the Smith-McCoist ticket - two legends that had a lot of goodwill in the bank.

The support is already unsure about McInnes and then 3 Yahoos are going to rock up behind him? He just doesn't have the credentials to force such a move through. I think it would only heighten cynicism and dampen enthusiasm.

I thought we'd seen the damage Martin Bain's policy had on the club but maybe not.

Ive been told that if McInnes gets the job, he's bringing in Fergie as his right hand man. Source usually never far wrong.

I'd never heard of Docherty until I opened this thread. The only connection to Celtic he seems to have is supporting them as a kid. He won't be the first with similar past leanings to represent us and won't be the last.

Marshall may have played for them but seems like a reasonable chap and certainly far from a rabid type.

Robson? No thanks. I doubt McInnes would bring him anyway.

Seems like a really petty way to further an anti-McInnes agenda.

Shoe on the left foot, it simply wouldn’t happen, they would be kicking up all holy %^*&.

We however have became an incredibly apathetic support over the last decade and it is now the status quo.

I’ll get behind McInnes but I’m totally underwhelmed by this whole affair.
Just cant take to Mcinnes. His backroom staff just depresses me even more.
Barry Fore arm Robson FFS

So what, exactly, is it you think they might do? Put up Cel**c posters in the dressing room? Build a chapel in the Blue Room? Tell the team to lose so their heroes can get 10 in a row?

Sir Alex or Barry?

In all seriousness, Barry would be a far more suitable no.2 than his current one.

Based on what? The fact he supports Rangers?

Docherty is, by all accounts, the brains behind McIness' operation and is regarded as one of the best hands-on coaches in the country — hence why Strachan enlisted him in the Scotland set-up earlier this year. So, he supported Celtic as a kid? Big f*cking deal

I'd never heard of Docherty until I opened this thread. The only connection to Celtic he seems to have is supporting them as a kid. He won't be the first with similar past leanings to represent us and won't be the last.

Marshall may have played for them but seems like a reasonable chap and certainly far from a rabid type.

That's exactly what it is. Ludicrous pearl clutching on hypotheticals that almost certainly won't come to pass

McInnes and Docherty come as a 2, simple as that. They’ve worked together at every single club and McInnes wouldn’t go anywhere without him. Not sure about Robson or Marshall but both are easily replaced.

Who cares about back room staff. Just want to see a winning team.

However, I was hoping the DOF football model where the club philosophy is ingrained should negate the need for this wholesale change in the future.

The OP's point is obvious. Why would any of us ideally want ex sellick players being part of our club? Depending upon your view point Mcinness, if appointed should either bring the Team that gets him the best football job in the world or should surround himself with winners whom know what it means to represent Rangers. I don't personally think Mcinness is the man for the job but if appointed he needs to be afforded the scope to do what he requires to get us back on top where we belong. I wouldn't, but if Mcinness thinks bringing in those people are what he needs then I guess he should be allowed to.

Docherty is, by all accounts, the brains behind McIness' operation and is regarded as one of the best hands-on coaches in the country — hence why Strachan enlisted him in the Scotland set-up earlier this year. So, he supported Celtic as a kid? Big f*cking deal

And he turned 18 and stopped supporting the beggars did he?

I would rather have a former Rangers captain who has a passion for the club and managerial experience (yes I know it didn't go great at Clyde) as number 2 any day of the week.

It's DM's decision though and I'm pretty sure he'll stick with what he knows.

Absolute nonsense. Mourinho was a crap player, Walter Smith wasn’t much good and neither was Alex Ferguson. It means precisely bugger all when you become a manager or a coach. If it did we would be rampant at the top of the league with Super still in charge!
As for Mourinho.......! I could go on. I'm sure we all could.

Only on here could you get slated for not wanting bitter rangers hates employed by Rangers. A few who have probably hated us most of their lives are suddenly going to turn that off just because they now work here, that's not really how humans work is it.

Septic influence has now went so far they will be sitting inside the Ibrox dugout. At least we wont need to look far for leaks. Are they suddenly going to be more loyal to us, what about if some of their old cronies want some info

Do you know for a fact they are as described? I doubt it but labelling everyone toes the line I suppose.

Don’t mind Marshall at all, know nothing about Docherty but I don’t want Robson. A thuggish player and he seems pretty thick too.

If Mciness wins us the title asap and stops them reaching 10 then i couldn't give a toss who helps him.We will mostly get the managers view anyway and the rest in the back ground.

Regarded by who exactly?

So Docherty ain't a beast fan anymore?

I agree mate, I have seen some pretty ridiculous arguments on here regarding this, and if you state your concern about having a backroom staff comprising of senior ex Celtic players it's somehow immediately a religious thing and you are reminded its 2017 and bring up Neil McCann and Maurice Johnstone. Its got fUck all to do with their religion and more to do with the fact that we don't want our dug out littered with ex Celtic players!

So what, exactly, is it you think they might do? Put up Cel**c posters in the dressing room? Build a chapel in the Blue Room? Tell the team to lose so their heroes can get 10 in a row?
Have you any idea how twisted your average west of Scotland rabid is ? They hate us with a passion man. DM fair enough if it's his gig. Never TD ever ever

Regarded by who exactly?

I agree mate, I have seen some pretty ridiculous arguments on here regarding this, and if you state your concern about having a backroom staff comprising of senior ex Celtic players it's somehow immediately a religious thing and you are reminded its 2017 and bring up Neil McCann and Maurice Johnstone. Its got fUck all to do with their religion and more to do with the fact that we don't want our dug out littered with ex Celtic players!

I literally just explained who. Docherty has had no previous connection with Celtic in any professional level. Our dugout would not be "littered" with ex Celtic players

Never really understood that myself.

I've never known anyone who supported us (or them) as a boy who suddenly stopped because they got older.

Because you're not a professional footballer and don't understand the mindset. And yes, most players do end up not giving a f*ck about previous allegiances once they make the breakthrough. Callum McGregor grew up in a Rangers daft family from Shettleston, do you think he went home after the game last night and drowned his sorrows by listening to the party tunes?

Talk about mountains out of molehills

The paranoia some people live with on here is baffling .

I couldn’t care two fu cks who the backroom staff are as long as we start winning .

Grow up ffs

Yes. It seems a backdoor way of being anti McInnes.
Why would it be so bad ?
Do we really think they are going to sabotage our aspirations by leaking team or tactics to whoever we are playing ? Anything like that would finish you not only atRangers but in all football.
I’m still waiting to hear a football reason why they shouldn’t come.

Im only basing on a workmate who played under the father. His words were he was a "great guy'.
Me?...I don't want McInnes or any of his backroom.

His father is worse. He's as bitter as they come. And makes no attempt to hide his hatred of all things Rangers. No Rangers fan could miss this when in his company, as he does nothing to attempt to hide his pish.

Back