McInnes - for and against

Status
Not open for further replies.
A no for me.For numerous reasons.The main one being I think he is just an average spfl gaffer.There would be little point in signing average spfl players to improve the quality of the team,so why should the managers position be any different?
He has not shown any outstanding skill or innovation in his managerial career.An indication of what we are possibly getting, would be what his clubs fans have to say about him, both currently and long before he was any where near the Rangers managers office - he is not rated,and seems to get his tactics and team selection wrong too often.
And we should not be giving them a penny, never mind one million.
As for the coach or coaches, is there another club In the world who continually insist on employing people who despise them? I know we started down that path under Murray, I hoped those days were gone.
A genuine question, what if team selection and tactics are finalised by DMc the day before a big game against the ambulance chasers, what then stops one of his grubby backroom team giving the details to a contact at the Jimmy Saville arena?
If you think Lawwell and co would not attempt this kind of underhand tactics then you have not been paying attention for the last 5 years.

The Tony Docherty “allegations” should be allowed to be discussed in a reasonable manner. There are too many stories of IRAoke fests and such like, and I have been on this planet long enough to know there is no smoke without fire, and cliches are cliches for a reason, they are usually spot on. Why would anyone want a raging mentally challenged in the dugout, not just someone that grew up supporting the scum, but a raging mentally challenged? It should be addressed by either Docherty himself (if he comes) or McInnes. A simple “my allegiance first and foremost is to Rangers football Club, and, eh Fuk the Pope!” Should do it.

He's got half the support seriously doubting his appointment before he's even in the job,and we're a million quid before wages for himself and his staff down as well when money's tight.
Had the board not f.ucked about and appointed him within ten days of Pedro getting the bullet the situation would seem a lot more plausible for many.He'd have been the boards number one target and we went out and got him,and we'd have all got on board doubts or not.

Now he just seems the best of the rest,it's all a bit meh through no fault of McInnes at all.Personally I think we should just have went with Murty and JJ for the season with a view to obtaining a higher level of manager in for the start of next summer,which would allow the board time to reasonably do so.

I'll back the manager as always,but I fear it won't end well.He's up against it before even getting the gig.
I think your giving him the benefit of doubt here, out of 8 bears in my company on Sunday, only 1 was reasonably happy with him

I think your giving him the benefit of doubt here, out of 8 bears in my company on Sunday, only 1 was reasonably happy with him
I was going with what had been said by a previous poster about a poll on here mate,although I didn't check the accuracy of that tbh.
Half a dozen of us in my group are all bears,only one of them thinks it's a good appointment-one not sure and the other four of us against.

How reflective that is of the larger support I've no idea,he will get some slack from some because he's an ex-player and Scottish I reckon.I'd rather he was just very good at the job and got it on merit alone.

I was going with what had been said by a previous poster about a poll on here mate,although I didn't check the accuracy of that tbh.
Half a dozen of us in my group are all bears,only one of them thinks it's a good appointment-one not sure and the other four
of us against.
How reflective that is of the larger support I've no idea,he will get some slack from some because he's an ex-player and Scottish I reckon.I'd rather he was just very good at the job and got it on merit alone.

He'll be judged on results bro, if he get off to a flyer then he'll ease into it, if not, then he'll not be afforded the patience Pedro received

It's years since I've written to Samnta but I'm compelled to this year. . Please don't bring McInnes to Ibrox!!
We're far better than his standard, leave well alone to the end of the season. the media are pushing McInnes they have an objective to say they helped our board in a time of need!

I would just like to know who says the Fans want him and his Republican creep, round about us in the enclosure, very few are for him when he had the opportunity to win the league when Delia was there.

Among my friends and family not much actual resistance to DMc but apathy abounds. Only one colleague is 'up for it' in any way. He believes we will get 'back on track' this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back