McInnes it is not - Staying with the sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that shite came from the mcinnes fan boys on here , who spent weeks telling us how good he would be , how much of a Rangers man he is etc etc

Mcinnes turning us down wasn't in the script and instead of accepting what some of us had been saying that he wasn't good enough and didn't have the mentality to manage Rangers they instead made up shit to defend mcinnes .

Truly bizarre behaviour . They would rather make stuff up and blame Rangers and try to excuse the Aberdeens managers behaviour .

Strange

One of them was definitely a plant anyone with half a clue knows he’s shat it.

Ignore that rumour. He shat it and didn't even have the decency to let us know he shat it. We changed nothing at the last minute; the deal to be signed was the deal both parties had agreed.

He shat it.

Again.

Can this not be made a sticky to remove the doubt from it ?

Clearly it is , read Doc Stones post . Mcinnes behaviour is not one of a Rangers man .

A bang average manager without the talent or the mental gravitas to manage Rangers .

The amount of del mcinnes fan boys on here is staggering

He very much split the fan base and maybe that’s been something to do with his decision.

Or maybe he was looking for the red carpet with us all throwing rose petals at his feet.

Complete coward of a man his teams last defeat to the scum and his interview after it should tell you all you need to know.

Depends how you define a Rangers man I suppose.

he backed out of a deal with Rangers and didn't have the decency to let our club know; prior to the sheep making political capital out if his decision - not the action of a Rangers man n my opinion.
Ally Mccoist refused to sign for us twice he's a Rangers man though.

Clearly it is , read Doc Stones post . Mcinnes behaviour is not one of a Rangers man .

A bang average manager without the talent or the mental gravitas to manage Rangers .

The amount of del mcinnes fan boys on here is staggering
I think he's a dick so not a fanboy but there' s no getting away from the fact he's a Rangers man

He very much split the fan base and maybe that’s been something to do with his decision.

Or maybe he was looking for the red carpet with us all throwing rose petals at his feet.

Complete coward of a man his teams last defeat to the scum and his interview after it should tell you all you need to know.

None of the guys that I go to the football with wanted him.

I honestly don't know anybody that wanted him as manager.

None of the guys that I go to the football with wanted him.

I honestly don't know anybody that wanted him as manager.

I had this same argument on here the last few weeks and was told I was In the minority when most people I spoke too didn’t want but apparently it was the people I was mixing with even though they were from all different walks of life.

Plenty much better managers out there than McInnes, It could easily be argued that both Stuart McCall and Tommy Wright have both achieved more with far smaller budgets.

As far as I'm concerned we dodged a bullet - be grateful and get on with filling the post with someone much better & if that takes longer than we would like then so be it - we'll need to be patient longer -
All this press fuelled 'who said what and who bottled first, who may have been disrespectful to which set of fans' is a sideshow of no consequence whatsoever

Saved you buying a new scarf :) for when he brought in his best buddy.

I would have liked McInnes but not enough to pay any more than £250k for. There are better options out there.

I think for a lot who wanted McInnes, myself included, it was more a case of "if its not him we might end up with Eck/McLaren type manager".

McInnes wasnt a perfect option but he was probably the most suited from a hugely unimpressive list of realistic candidates

I think for a lot who wanted McInnes, myself included, it was more a case of "if its not him we might end up with Eck/McLaren type manager".

McInnes wasnt a perfect option but he was probably the most suited from a hugely unimpressive list of realistic candidates

The reason Lots of us didn’t want him is down to the fact we thought he was mentally weak he’s 100% proved lots of us were correct.

How many were approached before Advocaat took the job? I'm pretty sure he wasn't first choice
I would have to disagree there he was rumoured to be the man a while before Walter quit, I firmly believes he was it...and boy boy did he embrace us, I think our club was his favourite

Saved you buying a new scarf :) for when he brought in his best buddy.
I'm not entirely sure I'm with you mate - but if you're referring to earlier posts then I would urge you to read them again and explain this post to me ? thanks in advance

If it helps & I really don't care if it does or not - my reasons for not wanting DMcI were because I think he's a talentless chancer - my reasons for not wanting his assistant were along similar lines - but also because JJ & GM were already better options -
I knew I would have trouble cutting any slack with whatever failings DMcI & his team might have & of course I expected many -
Those that read sectarian bias into my posts showed more about their own prejudices than mine -

I have NEVER had any issue with any of our signings except a few misgivings with KM 2nd time around - who I'm glad proved me wrong - I was a fan of Mojo and TD would only be judged by me in terms of how he could help us (or not) -
Still if no one likes me I don't care or similar words to the song

I think he's a dick so not a fanboy but there' s no getting away from the fact he's a Rangers man

A Rangers man ? Really ? Jock Wallace was third choice of a dysfunctional board overseeing a poor team . He had no hesitation in accepting our call without a single bad word to say about us .

Mcinnes knocked the offer back stating he "couldn't walk away" from Aberdeen .

Your idea of s Rangers man is well off .

I hold my hands up,I wanted mcinnes because I thought he looked the best fit at this time with the better class of manager out of our range at this time.
However I agree with a lot of posters who say he simply bottled it. He did the same with Sunderland and the way he did it showed what a classless man he is.
To not tell rangers first was disgusting, I hope and think he will regret it for the rest of his life.

Why do they need to have an alternative to know that they don't want McInnes?

I hate mushrooms, and although I don't always know what I want for my dinner, I sure as fūck know I don't want mushrooms!
well thats the first thing I asked a few weeks back I certainly want to know who my mates want....all these folk "bottler, no good enough" blah blah' they need to tell us who they want??? Whos the solution,We don't have the cash or the league to attract a top top manager but I feel DM did a very good job guardiola couldn't lay a glove on them with that budget. And by the way mushrooms are amazing

It feels to me that DM has committed career suicide here. He's going to be scrutinised by his own fans with every bad result that goes his way. From a few sheep fans I know they were of the opinion that his time was done, things had gone a bit stale and he had done as much as he is ever going to do with them. Sure they didn't want him to come to us but they were genuinely looking forward to a new guy coming in (Jack Ross I think was one name) and bringing a bit of freshness and new ideas back to the team.

Although the sheep fans were delighted with the news much of it was only down to the fact that we had been rejected rather than wanting DM to stay. If he feels he would be under pressure here then that's going to be the case up there as well. I think the worse that would have happened for him here is he wouldn't have won us the league but he would have done better than Warburton and Caixinha (in my opinion anyway). I think he would have left us in a better position for when we can attract a top class manager again - and the worse thing that would happen for him is he would be at a Hibs/Hearts if he wanted to remain in Scotland or an English Championship club.

I really think he's on a hiding to nothing by staying with them and his next job will be a poor English Championship or League One side - and he's got no one to blame but himself.

well thats the first thing I asked a few weeks back I certainly want to know who my mates want....all these folk "bottler, no good enough" blah blah' they need to tell us who they want??? Whos the solution,We don't have the cash or the league to attract a top top manager but I feel DM did a very good job guardiola couldn't lay a glove on them with that budget. And by the way mushrooms are amazing

Have to cordially disagree...why do folk need to say who they want?

It's fine having an opinion on it, but picking a new manager is the decision of the board.

We, as fans, have no say in the matter, and it doesn't make a jot of difference who we want or who we think would do a good job.

Personally, given out budget and what we are trying to achieve with youth development etc, I think someone like Erik Ten Hag would be a good choice, but if you mention someone like that on here the view is split...some people will agree, some will slag you saying he us the 'hipster' choice (whatever that means).

Giving your opinion on who should be boss is pointless, unless you want to start a debate (or argument).

Have to cordially disagree...why do folk need to say who they want?

It's fine having an opinion on it, but picking a new manager is the decision of the board.

We, as fans, have no say in the matter, and it doesn't make a jot of difference who we want or who we think would do a good job.

Personally, given out budget and what we are trying to achieve with youth development etc, I think someone like Erik Ten Hag would be a good choice, but if you mention someone like that on here the view is split...some people will agree, some will slag you saying he us the 'hipster' choice (whatever that means).

Giving your opinion on who should be boss is pointless, unless you want to start a debate (or argument).

But King doesn't want a Foreign Manager.

Had a few beers with 2 pals down from Aberdeen for the game yesterday. They basically said word on the street up there is that this isn’t dead in the water, there is a feeling it may still happen. Anyone else heard similar?

No f*cking chance whatsoever. The Rangers statement made perfectly clear their ire at the way this panned out. Should be interesting the next time Del-boy comes down to Ibrox! He will get a ‘hot’ reception from the stands and a cold-shoulder in the Boardroom I’d imagine.

Had a few beers with 2 pals down from Aberdeen for the game yesterday. They basically said word on the street up there is that this isn’t dead in the water, there is a feeling it may still happen. Anyone else heard similar?

one knock back was enough mate, dead as a dodo as far as I am concerned . No further chances of this role should ever come his way.

Stranger things have happened but the board must know he does not have the mentality required and should stay well clear

The Board could never sanction such move after the statement they put out they would be dead men walking.

Pretty shocked myself when they were saying it, and I struggle to see how it could happen now, but after the guys said it I thought I’d see if anyone else at all had heard similar.

Liv
Live just south of Aberdeen myself and not heard this at all.

There should be no chance of this happening

Met Mr Robertson in the Cooper suite yesterday, their is no way we will go back for Mciness, and by the way that statement was 100% the work of Dave King.

to be
I hold my hands up,I wanted mcinnes because I thought he looked the best fit at this time with the better class of manager out of our range at this time.
However I agree with a lot of posters who say he simply bottled it. He did the same with Sunderland and the way he did it showed what a classless man he is.
To not tell rangers first was disgusting, I hope and think he will regret it for the rest of his life.
to be fair to him Sunderland is a total joke of club and any manager that ends up there will have a difficult job getting them out of the rutt they are in. I think he went down there and thought , no chance. With us, who knows, maybe we have more problems than people are letting on as well. Anyway, i didn't want him and glad we didn't get him, so we move on.

Not even having the balls to contact people he’d been speaking to to inform the club he’d shat it is worse than actually shitting it in the first place imo. Especially allowing it to be made known via a public statement, That’s snake territory.

Not even having the balls to contact people he’d been speaking to to inform the club he’d shat it is worse than actually shitting it in the first place imo. Especially allowing it to be made known via a public statement, That’s snake territory.

He also allowed Milne to spin the narrative.

A gentleman would have finessed the message,

Haven’t heard anything but I’d imagine that it’s over,I can’t see him becoming rangers manager now

If Rangers go back for him, I reckon I would start watching the Juniors and just try and forget the last 45 years of being raised with this club.

You know what by his pre match interview on Friday night i came away thinking this fools shat it.

No matter how you look at it, it's hard to draw any conclusion other than McIness's arse has collapsed. He has led our board up the garden path and left us high and dry.
Bullet dodged. He better not be asked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back