McInnes it is not - Staying with the sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met Mr Robertson in the Cooper suite yesterday, their is no way we will go back for Mciness, and by the way that statement was 100% the work of Dave King.
Get the feeling with Roberson that he does not actually have the power to do anything, King either needs to free up his own time to be more involved with the day to day running or relinquish some power. Let’s be honest, any one of us could have spent 5 minutes on a statement and made it sound more professional than what was released

Had a few beers with 2 pals down from Aberdeen for the game yesterday. They basically said word on the street up there is that this isn’t dead in the water, there is a feeling it may still happen. Anyone else heard similar?
It's dead as far as Rangers are concerned.

Get the feeling with Roberson that he does not actually have the power to do anything, King either needs to free up his own time to be more involved with the day to day running or relinquish some power. Let’s be honest, any one of us could have spent 5 minutes on a statement and made it sound more professional than what was released
It certainly had an emotional tone to it - really affirming the murmurs that the board were very genuinely shocked by DM's decision that night, and rightly upset about it.

It was a statement put out in anger, something that successful high flying people rarely do.

I have wondered whether DM reckoned he should’ve been asked after Warburton left and because he never got a sniff and we basically went for a non entity (no offence Pedro) he’s held some resentment,has he did this just because he can ,just for spite ?

I won’t lie he was my number one choice and I was disappointed he didn’t come but it took literally until that 2nd goal went in v Ross County for me to get completely over it ,he’s fu cked it for himself now ,when we get stronger he will slip down the table ,Hibs and Motherwell are getting their act together too,if he starts tumbling down the table which could easily happen his head will be mince and immediately he will think why he didn’t take the chance ,he will regret this 100% .

Met Mr Robertson in the Cooper suite yesterday, their is no way we will go back for Mciness, and by the way that statement was 100% the work of Dave King.

Listening to Radio Scotland on the way home from the match yesterday, they reckon King has used that word 'cocoment' or whatever it was in an interview before! Certainly pointed the finger at him anyway.

McInnes had six weeks or more to deny he wanted the job after being asked countless times. That he didn't could suggest he strung Rangers along then bottled it, hence the angry statement from Ibrox.

Listening to Radio Scotland on the way home from the match yesterday, they reckon King has used that word 'cocoment' or whatever it was in an interview before! Certainly pointed the finger at him anyway.

:D:D:D:D

Coco-Pops2_482x321px.jpg

Someone who supports Rangers.

My supporters bus leaves from a bowling club that is full of guys that think that they are " Rangers men ", they never actually go to the football, knock back spare s/t's, but still think that they're died in the wool.

As I said in a previous response; it really depends n how you define a Rangers man.

As I also previously said, asssuming Doc Stone's info is sound, McInnes's sections aren't befitting of a Rangers man.

I really have no wish to debate such an innocuous issue, if you don't want to believe it that's up to you.

As for Templeton, his father is Willy Templeton who played for Airdrie and Ayr, huge Bluenose, or is that bullshit as well

I always thought that Henry Templetn from Springboig was his father.

Re the query about Derek McInnes being named after Derek Johnstone, I just found it unusual that he'd be named after a 17 year old boy, who'd played for the first team for about nine months / 22 games at the time of registration of his birth.

Was the decision based solely on the L C final goal?

Last edited:
Just seen the Milne interview on SSN there, what an absolute walloper of a man.

Just leave it for Gods sake, what’s done is done.

Why give an interview to them just to slag us off & go over all the old ground again?

I always thought that Henry Templetn from Springboig was his father.

Re the query about Derek McInnes being named after Derek Johnstone, I just found it unusual that he'd be named after a 17 year old boy, who'd played for the first team for about nine months / 22 games at the time of registration of his birth.

Was the decision based solely on the L C final goal?[/QUOTE
Your right. Henry Templeton is his father. Think RAF just got the name wrong.

Just seen the Milne interview on SSN there, what an absolute walloper of a man.

Just leave it for Gods sake, what’s done is done.

Why give an interview to them just to slag us off & go over all the old ground again?

Because he knows that he has been telling the sheep lies and slowly this will out him. He's trying to get the narrative in early. Defence is the best form of attack. Rangers will drip feed the truth to a friendly journo. Forums like this are looked at by mhedia and other fans. Dolly will eventually realise that their manager WAS leaving after being ALLOWED to by his chairman despite him telling everyone and anyone that he was staying.
McInnes is two to three defeats away from bedlam up there. He's told lies.

Seems everyone and his dog have had their say on this thread. Except me, so i wiil join the debate.
Here we are nine weeks after Pedro left, with Murty still managing the team. With no sign of a
manager on the horizon, despite you would think having interviewed some candidates. In London
seemingly. Is it not strange there is no manager in place when the league is still up for grabs?
Surely there must have been at least one candidate who could take the heat of Murty.
Somebody we could afford.

And after our Mcinness statement, there is now more questions than answers.
Is it simply a case of the board bottling it, knowing they will putting their jobs and the club on the line
if they get this one wrong after the 2 previous shambles they appointed.
Or is it because there is no money to pay for a manager, his backroom staff, and a transfer kitty.
The question must be asked....
How much money do we have for those things, who knows.

Transparency was a keyword used by King, on several occasions. But it has dissapeared
into the void along with the 10 Million pound that Pedro spunked away. On players some of whom
despite their huge cost to us, have played little or no part in the team this season.
Or is it a combination of the two. No bottle No Money.
The question that must be asked is. "Were they really looking for a manager"?.
Or were they looking for a scapegoat to save their necks?

I mean we will always be in their debt for saving the club, and they done a fantastic job in doing it.
But running a Football club is another matter.
Here at last is my scenerio.

After Pedro was sacked we waited 8 wks or so until we heard something from the board.
This is after the 2 Aberdoom games. Now basically the statement from the board was
a hatchet job on one of our former players.
And tagged on at the end of the statement was the line about Murty being given the job
AT LEAST till the end of the yr.
Now we know that within an Hour or so of Mcinness becoming our manager he had a change of heart, for some reason.
What happened could have went like this...
The board had to make it look as if they were doing something. So they contacted Mcinnes soon after Pedro left,
knowing there was know way he was getting the job.
Mcinness is up for it and they work out a contract between them etc, and he agrees to join us.
Then after the sheep games then get a toady journalist to put up a story that we had the money to pay
the £800K and we were willing to pay.
At this time the board were either skint, or they were in complete dissagreement about him as manager.
So they did what they have done all season. Nothing.
How many times have our club been messed about in the last cpl yrs.
Players attacked, all the media lies etc etc....
And they done nothing about it. Doing nothing is the safe option for them it seems.

So to stop Mcinness becoming manager,for one of the above reasons, they simply e-mailed him his contract.
Which was prolly different from the one they had discussed.
IE Your wages are now mince, you are not allowed to sign players,
and don't bring your backroom staff and also there is no money for players.
They knew Mcinnes couldn't do anything about it.
Is this the reason for the last minute about turn from Mcinness?
Job done when Mcinness turns the job down. The board go on a backslapping binge and sing
a few choruses of Follow, Follow.
So they have sneakily changed the focus from their own inadequacy, to Mcinness.
They continue on as if it had nothing to do with them, that they "played it by the book".
In the hope our support buy it, and we should be thankfull to them for saving us from the BOTTLER.
And some did buy it.

They can now say they are still working on it, and then they put the noose around
Murties neck to save their own once again.
Did we actually interview anyone?
I mean if we had money we would have a manager by now surely to fu8k.
They are hiding something from us for sure......
I mean they are Rangers men, surely they want us to improve, so what is the problem

Seems everyone and his dog have had their say on this thread. Except me, so i wiil join the debate.
Here we are nine weeks after Pedro left, with Murty still managing the team. With no sign of a
manager on the horizon, despite you would think having interviewed some candidates. In London
seemingly. Is it not strange there is no manager in place when the league is still up for grabs?
Surely there must have been at least one candidate who could take the heat of Murty.

Is it simply a case of the board bottling it, knowing they will putting their jobs and the club on the line
Or is it because there is no money to pay for a manager, his backroom staff, and a transfer kitty.

Transparency was a keyword used by King, on several occasions. But it has dissapeared
into the void along with the 10 Million pound that Pedro spunked away. On players some of whom
despite their huge cost to us, have played little or no part in the team this season.

I mean we will always be in their debt for saving the club, and they done a fantastic job in doing it.

After Pedro was sacked we waited 8 wks or so until we heard something from the board.
This is after the 2 Aberdoom games. Now basically the statement from the board was
And tagged on at the end of the statement was the line about Murty being given the job
Now we know that within an Hour or so of Mcinness becoming our manager he had a change of heart, for some reason.
The board had to make it look as if they were doing something. So they contacted Mcinnes soon after Pedro left,
Mcinness is up for it and they work out a contract between them etc, and he agrees to join us.
Then after the sheep games then get a toady journalist to put up a story that we had the money to pay
At this time the board were either skint, or they were in complete dissagreement about him as manager.
And they done nothing about it. Doing nothing is the safe option for them it seems.

So to stop Mcinness becoming manager,for one of the above reasons, they simply e-mailed him his contract.
Job done when Mcinness turns the job down. The board go on a backslapping binge and sing
They continue on as if it had nothing to do with them, that they "played it by the book".
In the hope our support buy it, and we should be thankfull to them for saving us from the BOTTLER.
And some did buy it.

They can now say they are still working on it, and then they put the noose around
I mean they are Rangers men, surely they want us to improve, so what is the problem
maxresdefault-16-640x360.jpg

I think the problem is the genuinely have no idea who to appoint. Like the fans, they see noone who is a standout, and they/we really cannot afford to get this one wrong or it could sink us to being mediocre for a long long time.

And some did buy it.

What a load of diarrhoea......

Have to be honest, read the first line and thought %^*& that. That length of debate must be watery jobby.

What a load of diarrhoea......

Have to be honest, read the first line and thought %^*& that. That length of debate must be watery jobby.

Great sensible reply. If you are having trouble reading, you might want to take some lessons.

Great sensible reply. If you are having trouble reading, you might want to take some lessons.
Having read the "article". I stand by my original post. Drivel at best.

PS. i do not have trouble reading just becomes a problem when it is mince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back