Mcinnes sees his future at Aberdeen

StaunchGer54

From his presser today
I think we can rule him out of the running now

Here's the quote...."This is purely driven by elements of the media. I see my future here."

Last edited:
All media driven. I would not want a Manager with such a lack of ambition. Their Stadium is rotting, he is making no real progress, he has taken Aberdeen as far as he can on their budget. He is an utter fool by ruling himself out of it.

We’ll see what happens if we decide to move, meet the clause and speak to him.

Until then, I’d take no notice of anything. Of course he’s going to say that, he’s not exactly going to be flaunting himself in case the offer never comes.

"I had a good chat with the chairman and I reiterate what he said, this is purely driven by elements of the media. I see my future here."
Sounds like if there was an approach he would be open to it.
“Purely driven by elements of the media” not a slamming of the door shut.

To be honest I’m happy with this news .... but if he does get the gig he would have my support .... only one who doesn’t or wouldn’t get my support is billy Davis

The thought of giving that shower of utter shite a million of our quids compensation would gie me the boak :D

That's been my main objection to the McInnes rumours since day 1

That would leave McLaren and McLeish as the last men standing!!!!

giphy.webp

Some of the reactions on here to standard sound bites given to the media is very funny.

Folk thinking he’s going to come out and say ‘I really want the Rangers job and I hope they ask me’ is hilarious.

Obviously he’s going to say this, he’s not going to run the risk of pissing off his employers and their fans if the offer never comes, he’s got a mortgage to pay and a family to feed.

I will continue to not get too tied up by any statements relating to the manager’s job unless it comes directly from Rangers or is released after we make an official move.

He didn’t even mention us said speculation from West Brom and a month ago Scotland if he’s ruling himself out of being manager of us why not say so I still think it could be him not my preference but I’d say he’s interested alright

McInnes will never get a bigger job than Ibrox. He would have to do something extraordinary at Aberdeen to even be thought of for an EPL job.

If we approach him, he'll come. I guess our Board aren't convinced.

Exactly - as long as he's at Aberdeen, they are going nowhere.

I am more than happy for him to stay there and keep being bang average every season.

Is that honestly your opinion on the job McInnes has done at Aberdeen? I thought he has done a good job up there, on a substantially lower budget and a team who were languishing in the bottom half of the table.

One question .. have our board ever mentioned that we were actually after McIness or has it just been media talk and some fans?

WATP

If and I think it’s a big if he is not interested then who do we get ?
McLaren and McLeish are mentioned but most people don’t want them.
Who realistically is going to come to us on our budget?
Bilic and Pulis wouldn’t come and are no better than McInnes anyway
I can see another left field appointment with potential type appointment.

Back