Mcinnes sees his future at Aberdeen

He didn’t have a vastly inferior squad, that’s just self serving hyperbole to be honest. It was the same squad as Brenda barring the Sinclair and Dembele upgrade. It was plodding and couldn’t win trebles, on a good day our championship team with a seive of a defence could beat them. No great shakes, neither are Rodgers vintage, Ross County, St Johnstone, killie and Hibs have made them look ordinary whilst PSG and Bayern have ritually humiliated them.

Yet McInnes Aberdeen were hopelessly outclassed by Celtc at shittodrie to the extent that McInnes affirmed that Celtc under Rodgers were uncatchable...He should be nowhere near Ibrox with that record and mindset!

In the context of your whole post, very ironic.
As much as i hate saying it, their squad was significantly stronger than anyone elses. It was underperforming & that is why rogers has managed to improve results without making wholesale changes.

It looks like he has had enough and now realises it is not going to be him offered the job so he has lost patience with the situation.
From our point of view it tells me we are going with what Mark Allen wants so let’s hope he knows better than us fans because Steve Maclaren and dross managers like that for me would be a disaster.

With Aberdeen last season, and currently this season, he is in a higher league position and has better form than we do.

We posted losses of around £7m for the recent accounts to June.

The current investors are having to commit a further £7m over the next two seasons purely to meet our bills, that's without considering increased spending for players, manager, etc.

King is potentially facing having to make an £11 million offer for the other shares in the business.

The notion that any manager would look at us just now and think it was a no-brainer and that we genuinely offer a real opportunity in the next few years to win the title, without getting very thorough promises about what resources would be available in advance, is bonkers.

McInnes has a good thing going at Aberdeen. His reputation is good, he is doing well there and very well by their standards.

He might not fancy coming to a financially rooked club that expects to be challenging the tims while its bank balance is hanging by a thread and who have got rid of two managers in two seasons, while building a squad that shows no sign of being close to the task fans demand.
Don,t really see why people think he,ll be challanging celtic.

He finished above the mentally challengeds, McInnes never will. I end my debate there.
Your debate is flawed tbh. McLeish’s Motherwell finished three points ahead of a skint and poor mentally challenged side. McInnes’ Aberdeen just finished nine points ahead of a skint and poor Rangers side. The argument works both ways.

bullet dodged then as he sounds like he isn't up to the task here

if he's happy with that level - not needed here

As it stands the sheep are above our level. After Warburton we should have appointed Derek now I’m less sure but he’s an improvement on what we’ve had since Walter. Anyway all this stuff from Derek and the sheep makes me wonder if they know something we don’t? Certainly right now something feels ‘off’. Gut feel based on nothing.

From his presser today
I think we can rule him out of the running now

Here's the quote...."This is purely driven by elements of the media. I see my future here."

Of course that’s what he and the sheep are saying! Pretty stupid saying otherwise when we haven’t even approached them!

I'm only giving you a factual statement pal.

He finished above the mentally challengeds before he came to us. Something McInnes will never do.

Wow. Finishing above a Yahoo team of Galloway, Vata, McNally, Grant and Paul Byrne.

Joe Jordan, Alex Miller and Willie Miller did the same.

Shall we stick them on the shortlist ?

What's to say that our next manager isn't someone among the numerous ones mentioned and may take us by surprise and why the board have been working hard behind the scenes to get him and taking a little longer than expected.

If it was big Eck he would have been in weeks ago and no reason to go this long if it was him, If he was appointed i'm sure most of us would be asking the same question.

If big Eck was indeed appointed i don't believe that he was first choice, Aberdeen have stated there has been no contact from Rangers and without going through Aberdeen, Rangers couldn't speak to McInnes, I also don't believe that McInnes is first choice for the managers job.

I believe that the board will go down the route of employing a manager who has no club at present, I don't think we are in a position at present to pay big bucks in compensation to another club, I will be very surprised if the next manager isn't English.

This is a very important position we are filling and one that has to be done correctly with the right man at the helm, One also who has good contacts in the game and can get a lot more out of the players already here.

By not paying compensation that allows the club to offer a bit more in wages.

McLeish coming back is my biggest fear.

Love Eck but he'd be the wrong appointment at this time. And surely he would be a manager, like McInnes, who wants to oversee all football matters, not just perform the head coach role, if that is indeed the desired direction?

Wow. Finishing above a Yahoo team of Galloway, Vata, McNally, Grant and Paul Byrne.

Joe Jordan, Alex Miller and Willie Miller did the same.

Shall we stick them on the shortlist ?
They have and never will win 5 trophies in 3 1/2 years for us then get promoted from the Championship and win a league cup in England so naw thanks.

McLeish’s win rate was also 45%-50% at both Motherwell and Hibs, compared to McInnes who’s win rate has been 68%-75% every season.

That's just nonsense .

He's won 20-24 league games per season maximum in his time at Aberdeen . That's a way less than the 68% plus rate you're quoting .

His overall win rate at Aberdeen is 58% .

Mcleish also won the first division title , so you're also incorrect with that as well

I don't want Alex mcleish back , but mcinnes couldn't lace his boots .

He didn’t have a vastly inferior squad, that’s just self serving hyperbole to be honest. It was the same squad as Brenda barring the Sinclair and Dembele upgrade. It was plodding and couldn’t win trebles, on a good day our championship team with a seive of a defence could beat them. No great shakes, neither are Rodgers vintage, Ross County, St Johnstone, killie and Hibs have made them look ordinary whilst PSG and Bayern have ritually humiliated them.

Yet McInnes Aberdeen were hopelessly outclassed by Celtc at shittodrie to the extent that McInnes affirmed that Celtc under Rodgers were uncatchable...He should be nowhere near Ibrox with that record and mindset!

It's not easy when you lose your best players and have to replace them with free transfers on a couple of grand a week. Compare that to Celtic who can spend £4.5m on players, pay them massive wages, and even sign Aberdeen's best player for £1.5m and stick him on the bench.

Not only did McInnes lose his captain Ryan Jack but he also lost his two best wingers in Jonny Hayes and Niall McGinn. That's three important first team players who had to be replaced on a shoestring budget.

What chance does the guy have?

Despite this Aberdeen have made their best start to a league campaign in over 20 years.

In the context of your whole post, very ironic.
As much as i hate saying it, their squad was significantly stronger than anyone elses. It was underperforming & that is why rogers has managed to improve results without making wholesale changes.

With all due respect the spine was Gordon, a dodgy centre half pairing, Lego eater, Griffiths surrounded by Mcgregors, Roberts and Armstrong’s hardly worldbeaters. Too many have fallen for the mhedia hype which has made teams think they are beaten before they cross the white line.

Under Delia they were there for the taking, Rodgers has made them a bit more durable, but they toil in most games as witnessed at Dingwall. How many times have we cursed a late Griffiths goal just as it looked as if they were done for?

Sinclair on his day improves them, Dembele is not as effective as Griffiths, I don’t buy the hype. If we install a progressive winner as a manager and he delivers a good transfer window we’ll push them to the wire this season.

Or Rangers refuse to agree to the 'transfer fee' requested by Milne before getting an opportunity to talk to him.

So, he is stuck.
Exactly.I don't believe for one minute he would turn down the big seat at the top of the marble staircase.I bet when he was a player there he even dreamt about it.
All this shite he is talking could have been said weeks ago if it was genuine.
Sorry Derek we don't buy it or you for that matter.

He would have been on a loser anyway as he would have been judged against the filth. The gulf in finances and player quality is not possible to overcome with the set up as it is at the moment at Ibrox. Pep could do nothing about the gulf. He'll get a good few years work at Pittodrie.

What’s of serious concern to me is that there’s loads on here saying I didn’t want him anyway

Just who do you guys honestly think IS A VIABLE and better option ? Names not some mythical progressive fabled character.

We are staring Murty / ECk in The face here people.

With all due respect the spine was Gordon, a dodgy centre half pairing, Lego eater, Griffiths surrounded by Mcgregors, Roberts and Armstrong’s hardly worldbeaters. Too many have fallen for the mhedia hype which has made teams think they are beaten before they cross the white line.

Under Delia they were there for the taking, Rodgers has made them a bit more durable, but they toil in most games as witnessed at Dingwall. How many times have we cursed a late Griffiths goal just as it looked as if they were done for?

Sinclair on his day improves them, Dembele is not as effective as Griffiths, I don’t buy the hype. If we install a progressive winner as a manager and he delivers a good transfer window we’ll push them to the wire this season.

They are unbeaten in nearly a season and a half- not bad for a poor side even in Scotland! They are better than us in every position-with this in mind do you really believe a new manager can win the league this season?
This manager you are looking for will be one of the best their has ever been if he could pull that off.

But your point was that the Aberdeen squad was not vastly insuperior to theirs & you were using that as a way to criticise McInnes. Every single one of those players would stroll into the aberdeen side, its not even close.

I'd love to believe that we will push them to the wire this season but I just can't see it. Not really sure who a "progressive winner" is but out of the candidates, I still think McInnes is one of the strongest

I'm not sure if you have noticed but the only time they seem to drop points is when they rest half their team for Champions League games. We would need to win almost every game to get anywhere near them and at the moment we can't win three games in a row.

They are unbeaten in nearly a season and a half- not bad for a poor side even in Scotland! They are better than us in every position-with this in mind do you really believe a new manager can win the league this season?
This manager you are looking for will be one of the best their has ever been if he could pull that off.

I think the difference between much of their squad and ours is a winning mentality, they have been afforded every advantage for the past 6 years or so. I suspect if our new manager can have a galvanising effect on our quality players: Wes, Tav, Alves, Mcrorie, John, Candielas, Dorrans, Morales plus two or theee quality signings I don’t think we will be far away from mounting a decent challenge.

Belief and a winning mentality is imperative it will deliver much needed pressure on Celtc, then we shall see just how ordinary they are.

I'm not sure if you have noticed but the only time they seem to drop points is when they rest half their team for Champions League games. We would need to win almost every game to get anywhere near them and at the moment we can't win three games in a row.

We need to get into a position to put pressure on them, the right manager and a good transfer window will be a good start to that process.

They toil in most games is just wishful thinking. They averaged 2.8 goals a game in the league last season (106 in 38 games). In European football, only Monaco (107) and Barca (112) scored more in 38 games. If that's toiling then there's literally no team in the world which doesn't toil.

They're hardly worldbeaters as the regular pumpings they get when they play in Europe clearly demonstrate, but they don't have to be worldbeaters in this craphole of the league, they're about as dominant a team as we've seen in Scotland (albeit with an abysmal standard of competition)

I think the difference between much of their squad and ours is a winning mentality, they have been afforded every advantage for the past 6 years or so. I suspect if our new manager can have a galvanising effect on our quality players: Wes, Tav, Alves, Mcrorie, John, Candielas, Dorrans, Morales plus two or theee quality signings I don’t think we will be far away from mounting a decent challenge.

Belief and a winning mentality is imperative it will deliver much needed pressure on Celtc, then we shall see just how ordinary they are.

Wish I had you belief and optimisum, but I just don't see it. We need at least 6 new first team starts to even get near them

As for McInnes, I don't care I just want some movement from the club about the manager. If it's McInnes then fine, but 4 weeks when the previous manager was clearly on the way out is frankly nonsense.

Can't believe I put myself through that, I've just read all the posts on this thread. What a load of Horlicks.....(mainly)

McInnes (note the spelling) appears at the Aberdeen presser and gets all flustered about the Scotland job, and being tipped for the WBA vacancy.... But refuses to state he does not want the Rangers job. He asks the media people to direct all questions about this to our club. Not a lot of change there, really.

He wants the Rangers job, that is clear.
Rangers do not want him, that is clear.

We have an AGM coming up next week.
Will the board make an announcement before then, yes.
Will the board announce a new Head Coach/Manager before then, not so sure. :(

To be honest, regardless if whether we want or do not want Mcinnes, I can understand why he is getting pissed off.

I was in the minority thinking McInnes would be a good manager for us. Certainly better than ECK. Now my head is completely fried with all of this. I just wish the board would sort it out and quickly. It's becoming a bit of a farce.

To be honest, regardless if whether we want or do not want Mcinnes, I can understand why he is getting pissed off.

The fact remains: the main members of the board are not wanting or willing to employ McInnes, and I can also confirm for certainty it is not going to be big eck either! Admin can PM for my source.

Don’t know who it will be, but I can assure the members of FF that McIness and Mcliesh won’t be returning anytime soon

he looked like a man just saying what the chairman and sheep fans wanted to hear imo
personally i would luv deboer to be next Rangers manager.

he looked like a man just saying what the chairman and sheep fans wanted to hear imo
personally i would luv deboer to be next Rangers manager.

He just gave a normal run of the mill answer which any manager would give. He specifically mentioned Scotland and West Brom.

Does anyone seriously think he would knock back the West Brom job which pays around £2m per year? No of course he wouldn't.

With Aberdeen last season, and currently this season, he is in a higher league position and has better form than we do.

We posted losses of around £7m for the recent accounts to June.

The current investors are having to commit a further £7m over the next two seasons purely to meet our bills, that's without considering increased spending for players, manager, etc.

King is potentially facing having to make an £11 million offer for the other shares in the business.

The notion that any manager would look at us just now and think it was a no-brainer and that we genuinely offer a real opportunity in the next few years to win the title, without getting very thorough promises about what resources would be available in advance, is bonkers.

McInnes has a good thing going at Aberdeen. His reputation is good, he is doing well there and very well by their standards.

He might not fancy coming to a financially rooked club that expects to be challenging the tims while its bank balance is hanging by a thread and who have got rid of two managers in two seasons, while building a squad that shows no sign of being close to the task fans demand.

Bottom line: historically we’re the biggest club in the country. Strapped for cash or not, McInnes will have a bigger budget at Rangers than Aberdeen. He’ll be able to work with and sign better players than Milne is ever going to be capable of providing at Shittodrie and he’ll be managing the team he supported as a boy and played for as a professional.

Let’s not kid ourselves here: this is it for McInnes - this is the Big Time.

The idea that he would ever turn us down because he had a ‘good thing going’ at Aberdeen is ridiculous - you don’t get asked twice.

If indeed, he’s been asked at all.

Bottom line: historically we’re the biggest club in the country. Strapped for cash or not, McInnes will have a bigger budget at Rangers than Aberdeen. He’ll be able to work with and sign better players than Milne is ever going to be capable of providing at Shittodrie and he’ll be managing the team he supported as a boy and played for as a professional.

Let’s not kid ourselves here: this is it for McInnes - this is the Big Time.

The idea that he would ever turn us down because he had a ‘good thing going’ at Aberdeen is ridiculous - you don’t get asked twice.

If indeed, he’s been asked at all.

Let’s just say I don’t share the view it’s as cut and dried as that mate. I don’t care if folk think that’s daft.

I think our support is suffering delusions based on history rather than current reality.

If our board tell him he’ll have to work with the squad he has and only sign players if he can sell, I don’t believe McInnes necessarily jumps at it just because historically anything.

After tonight, if he’s looked at that and we’ve not even got as far as sounding him out, he may just feel affronted enough that we haven’t approached him already to want to make a point of absolutely fcking us in the next couple of weeks on the park too.

Yep Delia won every league against the mediocrity that was McInnes, if Delia was dire, what does that make McInnes in that the closest he got was 15 points? Kinda torpedoes your argument!

What has McInnes done in football management that has given you and his other cheerleaders such a hard on for him? I just don’t see it, whatever IT is!
Outperforming us on a fraction of the budget for a start.

So are Hibs and Motherwell aren’t far behind, we’re in turmoil at the moment therefore not really surprising. let’s see what happens when we get our new manager appointed.

And if we appoint another manager and STILL fail to catch Aberdeen, would you then accept that just maybe McInnes is getting much more than could reasonably be expected out of this Aberdeen side?

And if we appoint another manager and STILL fail to catch Aberdeen, would you then accept that just maybe McInnes is getting much more than could reasonably be expected out of this Aberdeen side?

We won’t and I really don’t get the embarrassing hard on that some on FF have for such a mediocre manager.

Had a chance to do in a two horse race what Ranieri did in a much tougher league against much greater financial disparity and blew it with his main rival floundering.

McInnes is not the answer to our problems, his Aberdeen team are not punching above their weight given our problems and the fact that Hibs, Hearts and ourselves have been out of the top league and are in the process of re-establishing themselves.

Thankfully I suspect the board and our DOF realise that also and have their eye on an entirely more suitable candidate.

Exactly - as long as he's at Aberdeen, they are going nowhere.

I am more than happy for him to stay there and keep being bang average every season.
Without sounding like his agent, that 'bang average' Derek McInnes is miles ahead of us right now with half the budget.

Got to laugh at thise slagging Eck as well. Last 16 of the champions league, 7 trophies and a treble. Net spender in the transfer market and against the best Celtic team I've saw. Some record. He's harshly judged imo.

Back