Mcinnes sees his future at Aberdeen

We won’t and I really don’t get the embarrassing hard on that some on FF have for such a mediocre manager.

Had a chance to do in a two horse race what Ranieri did in a much tougher league against much greater financial disparity and blew it with his main rival floundering.

McInnes is not the answer to our problems, his Aberdeen team are not punching above their weight given our problems and the fact that Hibs, Hearts and ourselves have been out of the top league and are in the process of re-establishing themselves.

Thankfully I suspect the board and our DOF realise that also and have their eye on an entirely more suitable candidate.

Like the last two more suitable candidates?

Without sounding like his agent, that 'bang average' Derek McInnes is miles ahead of us right now with half the budget.

Got to laugh at thise slagging Eck as well. Last 16 of the champions league, 7 trophies and a treble. Net spender in the transfer market and against the best Celtic team I've saw. Some record. He's harshly judged imo.

McLeish is judged perfectly fairly on his track record, IMO, one that clearly shows all his successes and notable achievements are very much figments of the past.

Managers are like players - they hit a peak then it’s pretty much downhill after that, and Eck’s peak was over a decade ago.

Those believing he would turn the clock back to then are basing that on no more than wishful thinking.

Doesn't make McInnes the best candidate just because the last 2 have been failures.

The poster says there may be a more suitable candidate. My point is do you trust the board to do that after the last 2. I certainly don’t.

To be honest now it doesn’t matter who this board appoint anymore, the problem is them.

The poster says there may be a more suitable candidate. My point is do you trust the board to do that after the last 2. I certainly don’t.

To be honest now it doesn’t matter who this board appoint anymore, the problem is them.

I have no idea who they are looking at because it's as tight as a drum .

I hope that they have someone up thier sleeve and that's what's taking so long but I won't hold my breath.

At the moment, and bearing in mind our position/resources, McInnes seems like the perfect candidate to me.

Even if our board was to see sense and pursue him, what I think might be more of a problem is the support structure at board level - it seems completely disfunctional and possibly obstructive to us building properly on the park

De Boer has been bulleted from his last 2 jobs, can they take a chance? Huge gamble and he wouldn't be afforded the time he was at Ajax.
He was unlucky at Inter and Palace in my opinion. Especially Palace. There was one game his team completely dominated possession and shots at goal and still couldn't score. I'm saying with how long it's taking, it has to be someone with a name that the fans can get excited about, rather than someone who we don't know off.

If the board presenting a new manager, who nobody knows of, like they did with Pedro, with the time they took and the risk they took with Pedro, to then do it again? They'd have to have big balls of steel to present that to the fans after the mess we're in with our recent matches. I don't think the board are that stupid. It will be someone. I am sure of it, rather than a nobody.

At the moment, and bearing in mind our position/resources, McInnes seems like the perfect candidate to me.

Even if our board was to see sense and pursue him, what I think might be more of a problem is the support structure at board level - it seems completely disfunctional and possibly obstructive to us building properly on the park

In what way is McInnes going to improve us? What’s his track record in sourcing promising talent at low cost and developing it for profit? Where’s the fruits of five years of his youth development programme? Where’s the progressive style of football?

Where was his ability to squeeze that extra bit of effort and talent out of his side when he was within a point of Delias duds with 8 games to go and finished 15 points behind? That’s what guys like Sir Alex did at Aberdeen, do you think Ferguson would have had such a mediocre side under the same circumstances.

They were toothless at home against celtc, brutally outplayed, yet I see Lennon, Wright, Clarke and Coyles side giving Celtc a considerably better game than McInnes’s Aberdeen.

So tell me what does he bring that will improve us? revolutionise the way we play? deliver a conveyor belt of youth and source promising up and coming talent? I see none of that in his locker and at 46 I don’t think it’s just somehow magically going to appear.

I reiterate, DM is not the right man for where we are today and would never be considered if we were at our best, so why would we accept an inferior manager when we require a progressive winner?

Fired from his last job with his team failing to score so much as a single league goal. No thanks.
That wasn't his fault. You can't blame him for players not able to score. He had them playing good, attacking, quick football. He didn't get all the players he wanted.

Murty doesn't get the blame cause Morelos can't score, does he?

In what way is McInnes going to improve us? What’s his track record in sourcing promising talent at low cost and developing it for profit? Where’s the fruits of five years of his youth development programme? Where’s the progressive style of football?

Where was his ability to squeeze that extra bit of effort and talent out of his side when he was within a point of Delias duds with 8 games to go and finished 15 points behind? That’s what guys like Sir Alex did at Aberdeen, do you think Ferguson would have had such a mediocre side under the same circumstances.

They were toothless at home against celtc, brutally outplayed, yet I see Lennon, Wright, Clarke and Coyles side giving Celtc a considerably better game than McInnes’s Aberdeen.

So tell me what does he bring that will improve us? revolutionise the way we play? deliver a conveyor belt of youth and source promising up and coming talent? I see none of that in his locker and at 46 I don’t think it’s just somehow magically going to appear.

I reiterate, DM is not the right man for where we are today and would never be considered if we were at our best, so why would we accept an inferior manager when we require a progressive winner?
We are probably still two managers away from winning the league. What we need now is someone we can rely on turn out consistent results against SPL teams. McInnes has proved he can do that with significantly lower resources than us.

What we do not need is another experiment - do we really want a McLaren or a DeBoer when there isnt a sufficient budget to allow them to recruit the type of players we need?

Frankly any decent manager would improve us at present

Mo Johnston was sure his future was at parkhead until ££££££££££
In football the players & managers talk shite.
If rangers phoned mc innes right now he’d manage to break the record for time taken to get from Aberdeen to glasgow.

?

What's the point in bringing Ferguson in to the discussion? Perhaps every ounce of effort and talent was squeezed out to get them to within a point of Celtic... then they reverted to their natural inconsistency.

The reality is that they would have had to have lost a maximum of 4 games to win the League. It's not happening with a modern Aberdeen under the overwhelming majority of managers.

This is not to say McInnes is even a decent manager. But the analysis and criticism for not winning the League with Aberdeen is nonsense.

That wasn't his fault. You can't blame him for players not able to score. He had them playing good, attacking, quick football. He didn't get all the players he wanted.

Murty doesn't get the blame cause Morelos can't score, does he?

And what is your excuse for his 35% win rate at Inter?

He's been fired pretty quickly for his last 2 jobs for a reason. We'd be mad to take him on.

Can't believe I put myself through that, I've just read all the posts on this thread. What a load of Horlicks.....(mainly)

McInnes (note the spelling) appears at the Aberdeen presser and gets all flustered about the Scotland job, and being tipped for the WBA vacancy.... But refuses to state he does not want the Rangers job. He asks the media people to direct all questions about this to our club. Not a lot of change there, really.

He wants the Rangers job, that is clear.
Rangers do not want him, that is clear.

We have an AGM coming up next week.
Will the board make an announcement before then, yes.
Will the board announce a new Head Coach/Manager before then, not so sure. :(
Think your clutching at straws mate.

Before I signed up on here, I would read thos forum for news and fans reviews. I seen a few posters on here saying McInnes was a done deal. A few posters who disagreed and said the opposite was hounded if this site, all because the subject of Derek McInnes. It's been clear for a while now, for me anyways that he was never coming. The people who said it was happening 100% look rather foolish now. I'm glad it wasn't McInnes, for the simple reason is we're Rangers. If our ambition was Derek McInnes all this time, we'd have truly sunk as a club in terms of our ambiton. A bullet dodged, thankfully.

Looking at this from the other angle it’s entirely possible McInnes might look at our current squad and finances and decide not to accept the job. If that’s the case then he’s not for us, in the past managers would crawl over broken glass for a chance to manage our club.

I was in the minority thinking McInnes would be a good manager for us. Certainly better than ECK. Now my head is completely fried with all of this. I just wish the board would sort it out and quickly. It's becoming a bit of a farce.
Short termi think that mcinnes would steady the ship.but long term i honestly can,t see him winning the league. Second is the best we could expect.

Looking at this from the other angle it’s entirely possible McInnes might look at our current squad and finances and decide not to accept the job. If that’s the case then he’s not for us, in the past managers would crawl over broken glass for a chance to manage our club.

Whatever he thinks of the current squad, McInnes would know there would be opportunities to improve it - more than he would remaining at Aberdeen.

There's little chance he's turned us down.

Without sounding like his agent, that 'bang average' Derek McInnes is miles ahead of us right now with half the budget.

Got to laugh at thise slagging Eck as well. Last 16 of the champions league, 7 trophies and a treble. Net spender in the transfer market and against the best Celtic team I've saw. Some record. He's harshly judged imo.
His team is doing better than a self destructing Rangers. That doesn't automatically mean he'll do a good job for us

And what is your excuse for his 35% win rate at Inter?

He's been fired pretty quickly for his last 2 jobs for a reason. We'd be mad to take him on.
Are you being serious now? When was the last time Inter have been successful? They've beeb down in the dumps for years, before De Boer got there. Strange comment to make.

In what way is McInnes going to improve us? What’s his track record in sourcing promising talent at low cost and developing it for profit? Where’s the fruits of five years of his youth developments or programme? Where’s the progressive style of football?

The manager you are looking for : track record in sourcing promising talent at a low cost and developing at a profit etc, if he exists I doubt very much he would come to us. As a matter of intrest who is this person you are thinking of?
That Delias duds as you call them are 90% of the current Tim side that have gone a season and a half unbeaten- and you think maybe they should have won the league
Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen was from a completely different era you cannot compare them

There are plenty of better managers than McInnes out there. Steve Bruce for example at Villa is bringing them right up the league. I'm not saying he should be our manager but there are people out there.

His team is doing better than a self destructing Rangers. That doesn't automatically mean he'll do a good job for us
No manager would guarantee winning. However, the fact that you say Rangers are self destructing and the sheep are very much a stable, steady club says a lot for his man management skills. Maybe a guy who could steady the ship, get us second in the short term and maybe to the Scottish Cup Final would begin to get a bit of a feel good factor back?

There are plenty of better managers than McInnes out there. Steve Bruce for example at Villa is bringing them right up the league. I'm not saying he should be our manager but there are people out there.

We can't afford to buy Bruce out of his contract and there's every possibility he wouldn't fancy the job.

Do you have any other 'better managers' in mind?

I don't want McInnes as I don't think he is what we need.
I believe we need to be bold spend some money and and get someone in who can win the league even if it's only a short term solution.

On the basis that he'll never get a bigger job. He would have to do something extraordinary with Aberdeen to be in genuine consideration for an EPL position.

Why would he turn us down?
so its just your opinion then not based on fact, so if i say i dont think hes been offered the job either as i dont think the board think hes good enough then my opinion is the opposite of yours but has just as much credence as yours i.e. we both dont know. were just guessing

what do you base that statement on

He will earn an extra 500k per year, he will have a significantly bigger budget and he would be given the opportunity to manage the club he supported as a boy and went on to play for.

He's achieved all he can at Aberdeen and it will only get harder for him there as he continues to lose his best players like Jack, McGinn and Hayes who have to be replaced on a shoestring budget.

It's also very unlikely he will be offered the Rangers job twice.

He will earn an extra 500k per year, he will have a significantly bigger budget and he would be given the opportunity to manage the club he supported as a boy and went on to play for.

He's achieved all he can at Aberdeen and it will only get harder for him there as he continues to lose his best players like Jack, McGinn and Hayes who have to be replaced on a shoestring budget.

It's also very unlikely he will be offered the Rangers job twice.
i dont think he will be offered the job once never mind twice imo why after 5 weeks has he not been offered it

the reason he hasnt turned us down is because he wasnt offered it in the first place or he would be here
Exactly. McInnes was never asked and looks unlikely he will be. We're aiming big. It has to be that, the length of time and nobody knowing anything shows that.

so its just your opinion then not based on fact, so if i say i dont think hes been offered the job either as i dont think the board think hes good enough then my opinion is the opposite of yours but has just as much credence as yours i.e. we both dont know. were just guessing

What are you wittering on about? It's an informed opinion.

If he hasn't been offered the job (as you are speculating) then he hasn't turned us down. Which is not the opposite.

Misread your post. I thought you were asking why the other poster was so sure he wouldn't knock us back.
What are you wittering on about? It's an informed opinion.

If he hasn't been offered the job (as you are speculating) then he hasn't turned us down. Which is not the opposite.
all im saying is you said was theres little chance he would turn us down based on salary and being a supporter etc but unless your related or know him you have as much of a clue as i do hate when people like you generalize as if its fact its an informed opinion, i think your talking crap theirs an informed opinion for you to

Exactly. McInnes was never asked and looks unlikely he will be. We're aiming big. It has to be that, the length of time and nobody knowing anything shows that.

Anyone 'big' wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, even more so given the gap that exists, its a monumental task ahead for whoever takes it.

It won't be a big name, I'm sure of that.

Anyone 'big' wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, even more so given the gap that exists, its a monumental task ahead for whoever takes it.

It won't be a big name, I'm sure of that.
No way the board are gonna bring in an unknown after the whole Pedro scenario. It won't be McInnes, I doubt it's big Eck. It has to be someone big, i.e Frank De Boer or someone of his ilk. We're gonna have to rebuild the squad once again.

The board aren't stupid enough to keep stringing the fans on. This time they will get us a proper manager and hope they can get a share issue in 2018 to really build a team to challenge.

Back