McInnes - the next Pep

Seasons not over, we may finish more than 8 ahead of Aberdeen, we may finish closer.

Doesn't really matter. 1st place is gone, as are the two cup competitions. We've not put up a fight in any domestic competition this season.

We both know how he has done in Europe. I'm not on here as some kind of cheer leader for McInnes, far from it he is a crap manager IMO. But one who regularly gets the better of us (unless i'm wrong?)
We outplayed them for 80 mins with ten men
they stole a draw.
League Cup semi final again I couldn't see them scoring nor us to be fair a draw would have been fair. Bit of a smash and grab by them.
Ibrox again we pretty much bossed the game they should have been lucky to get a draw.
We pumped them at Pittodrie 4-2.
Drew in the cup fair result.
We all saw what happened on Tuesday.
Its all ifs and buts I know but it is fine margins
and I genuinely believe we are not that far away.

We outplayed them for 80 mins with ten men
they stole a draw.
League Cup semi final again I couldn't see them scoring nor us to be fair a draw would have been fair. Bit of a smash and grab by them.
Ibrox again we pretty much bossed the game they should have been lucky to get a draw.
We pumped them at Pittodrie 4-2.
Drew in the cup fair result.
We all saw what happened on Tuesday.
Its all ifs and buts I know but it is fine margins
and I genuinely believe we are not that far away.

all of these things are true but the end result for us is not good enough and it needs to improve.

What is even more worrying is that he isn't that good. He's not a master tactician or a really good manager. He's a guy that would probably fail in any other league.

However, that doesn't stop him bettering Gerrard on a fairly regular basis and when it really matters. Twice we've been put out of cups by them.

That's a worrying though. Anyone who thinks McInnes is a good manager is having a laugh but I am more than a little concerned.

He has more experience that Gerrard as a manager, Gerrard was only starting out as a youth coach McInness has the advantage of being a manager for a long time.
That was the problem of bringing in Gerrard we went from one youth coach to another and he will need time to learn how to manage a club.
His problem is our expectation is always sky high as it should be.

There was a load last night. You are right very basic and very defensive.

The way to beat a team like that is get round the back and put decent (notice I say decent) balls into the box. The one Candieas hit across was in a great area bar one important point - there was no phucker to tap it in. Too often Kent goes inside where the defender wants him to go.
exactly. it was a poor ball but if you have a decent forward out left Then he gets on the end of it. Where was Kent???

Back