McInnes unhappy about Lafferty exit

A breach of Club rules ?

Lets be honest he is a zoomer, 16 spells at different Clubs in his career.

However the ban he received was shocking, his Club should have backed him and took it the full way, so in that regard I hope them and their shitey pitch go down.
Kilmarnock threw him under the bus when this first blew up in the media and had the audicity to make him go to "nil by mouth" for training! seriously, I guy from NI doesn't need any advice from them on anything connected to this. As a club Kilmarnock stayed silent when time after time Kyle was subjected to sectarian abuse in his workplace ( on the pitch) by Celtic fans and they as an employer said nothing and did nothing to help him

Something happened with the pair of them as far as I know.

Killie players have pretty much been told not to say anything about it. Was just alluded to when I was talking to someone connected to one of the Kilmarnock players as I said I was surprised that Lafferty had left. They had then said Jones had left too, but the media didn't report that until yesterday as it was done bang on the deadline closing for registration.
What I was told too.

They are building their own training pitch on the edge of town so they will no longer have to train at rugby park anymore and can have a proper grass pitch again.

In years gone by Killie used to have one of the best pitches in Scotland
How are they going to protect the grass pitch this time?
they couldn’t before, hence the present plastic

If McInnes gets a sniff of another SPFL job, I reckon he is boosting from Killie.

If Lafferty and/or Jones had done something else, I'm not sure McInnes would be talking the way he is.

Something happened with the pair of them as far as I know.

Killie players have pretty much been told not to say anything about it. Was just alluded to when I was talking to someone connected to one of the Kilmarnock players as I said I was surprised that Lafferty had left. They had then said Jones had left too, but the media didn't report that until yesterday as it was done bang on the deadline closing for registration.
Wasn’t as dramatic apparently

So the board shat it because of what they thought the media would keep bringing up?

Just feels like he’s been punished more than once for some naughty words.

Kyle Lafferty was involved in a disciplinary dispute before being released by Kilmarnock on transfer deadline day.

The Northern Ireland international made a shock exit from Rugby Park with manager Derek McInnes later confirming that he did not want his striker to leave.

Kilmarnock's board of directors took the decision to end Lafferty's contract and Herald and Times Sport can reveal this conclusion was decided following a breach of club rules.

Lafferty recently returned from a 10-game ban imposed by the Scottish Football Association for making a sectarian comment on a night out while on international duty, which was filmed and uploaded on social media.

Asked about the departure yesterday, McInnes explained: “It wasn’t perfect for me. The timing was awful to be honest but it was a decision made above me, between the board and Kyle.

“Unfortunately it left us short on what we were trying to get but we move on. I really enjoyed working with Kyle and we wish him well but unfortunately for us the timing wasn’t great.

“I feel as if he’s somebody I’ll always be there for and I’ll keep the relationship with him, but unfortunately I’m no longer going to be his manager and we move on.”

A club statement read: “It’s with regret that Kyle Lafferty and Kilmarnock Football Club have parted company by mutual consent. We thank Kyle for his service to the club.”

Lafferty played in four games since returning from his suspension and during his second stint at Rugby Park he scored 11 goals.

Despite the setback of losing Lafferty – and Oli Shaw who signed for Barnsley on deadline day – McInnes was delighted with the performance from his side as they defeated Dundee United last night.

He added: “Tonight the performance was everything I wanted and I thought the performance was great from the players.

“I thought my two strikers were terrific all night, other than scoring a goal which is a huge part of the job. But in terms of leading the line, they were almost faultless from that side of it.

“We just need to make sure that we carry more of a threat. That was a 1-0 game tonight and it should’ve been more for us.”
Blame selective outrage nothing else !!

They are building their own training pitch on the edge of town so they will no longer have to train at rugby park anymore and can have a proper grass pitch again.

In years gone by Killie used to have one of the best pitches in Scotland
Think they used to have grass parks outside the main stand, if I remember correct. There might be houses on them now.

If I was Derek McInnes I’d resign. Assuming his job was to steer clear of relegation, the Kilmarnock board have just made his job so much harder.

It’s akin to your boss asking for a report by 5pm then promptly smashing your computer
Out of order, more so, if you're working at home at the time.

That's exactly what's happened here. It's not just Scotland, we the majority are being made out to be the oppressors of the minorities.

To make it even worse, this is being backed up by well off types who shout about white privelage, that have far more privelage than most of us.

Sturgeon calling everyone homphobes, racists and bigots is the ideal example of the mindset, which is prevalent.

The IRA are becoming folk heroes to these clowns.

Its a 'get out of jail free card'. If you belong to a minority or can claim some form of discrimination then you're quids in.

I think women outnumber men but they're classed as a group that has been discriminated against so they can claim victim status.

Really ..? You do know Shifty McGifty is SPFL chief....
Always fun to remind people of what Private eye have said about that cretin.
11mb6yu.jpg

qxYWBdd.png

Shifty-Mc-Gifty-Murdhoch-Mac-Lennan-IMG-7830.jpg

Kyle Lafferty was involved in a disciplinary dispute before being released by Kilmarnock on transfer deadline day.

The Northern Ireland international made a shock exit from Rugby Park with manager Derek McInnes later confirming that he did not want his striker to leave.

Kilmarnock's board of directors took the decision to end Lafferty's contract and Herald and Times Sport can reveal this conclusion was decided following a breach of club rules.

Lafferty recently returned from a 10-game ban imposed by the Scottish Football Association for making a sectarian comment on a night out while on international duty, which was filmed and uploaded on social media.

Asked about the departure yesterday, McInnes explained: “It wasn’t perfect for me. The timing was awful to be honest but it was a decision made above me, between the board and Kyle.

“Unfortunately it left us short on what we were trying to get but we move on. I really enjoyed working with Kyle and we wish him well but unfortunately for us the timing wasn’t great.

“I feel as if he’s somebody I’ll always be there for and I’ll keep the relationship with him, but unfortunately I’m no longer going to be his manager and we move on.”

A club statement read: “It’s with regret that Kyle Lafferty and Kilmarnock Football Club have parted company by mutual consent. We thank Kyle for his service to the club.”

Lafferty played in four games since returning from his suspension and during his second stint at Rugby Park he scored 11 goals.

Despite the setback of losing Lafferty – and Oli Shaw who signed for Barnsley on deadline day – McInnes was delighted with the performance from his side as they defeated Dundee United last night.

He added: “Tonight the performance was everything I wanted and I thought the performance was great from the players.

“I thought my two strikers were terrific all night, other than scoring a goal which is a huge part of the job. But in terms of leading the line, they were almost faultless from that side of it.

“We just need to make sure that we carry more of a threat. That was a 1-0 game tonight and it should’ve been more for us.”
Mcinnes has said there that it was nothing to do with him, board made the call. He said it's someone who he would keep in touch with.

What's the odds on mcinnes going back to the sheep in the summer now they've had a few years of realising that he was very good for them?

I heard him talking about it on the radio. He didn’t sound happy but refused to go into the reason for it just said it was between Kyle and the club.

He also said that Oli Shaw signed for Barnsley a week before deadline day and it was only announced on deadline day.

Mcinnes has said there that it was nothing to do with him, board made the call. He said it's someone who he would keep in touch with.

What's the odds on mcinnes going back to the sheep in the summer now they've had a few years of realising that he was very good for them?

Slim to none, I reckon. His time there was up.

Certainly did better than the others who have since came in, but any Aberdeen fans who talk about him say that it was time for a change.

If I was Derek McInnes I’d resign. Assuming his job was to steer clear of relegation, the Kilmarnock board have just made his job so much harder.

It’s akin to your boss asking for a report by 5pm then promptly smashing your computer
Then why quit?

Everyone will know its not your fault if the report isn't in by 5pm

And it won't damage your reputation for future jobs because they will know what happened and that you immediately said the scenario wasn't Ideal

Plus imagine the praise you will get if you end up handing the report in by 5pm

Very odd for McInnes to carry on in these circumstances
He must really need the money
The board has clearly shown he is their puppet and will treat him accordingly going forward

Slim to none, I reckon. His time there was up.

Certainly did better than the others who have since came in, but any Aberdeen fans who talk about him say that it was time for a change.

It was time for a change, for them and him, but he was never really appreciated by them due to their unrealistic expectations based on a short period of success in the 80's and also due to him being a Rangers man. One day they'll realise the McInnes years was one of the most successful periods in their history and is as good as it's ever going to get for them - winning a cup, reaching numerous finals and finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th every season.

It was time for a change, for them and him, but he was never really appreciated by them due to their unrealistic expectations based on a short period of success in the 80's and also due to him being a Rangers man. One day they'll realise the McInnes years was one of the most successful periods in their history and is as good as it's ever going to get for them - winning a cup, reaching numerous finals and finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th every season.

Agreed - but it's still interesting that, at the time, how poorly everyone on here rated him. Did he ever beat Celtic in the cups?

They won’t be training on it every day like they currently do.
Sorry.
I should have been specific.
Snow/ice.
They can’t use the under soil heating during evening, overnight because of noise from generator. That was big reason to go plastic.

Sorry.
I should have been specific.
Snow/ice.
They can’t use the under soil heating during evening, overnight because of noise from generator. That was big reason to go plastic.
I’d imagine they will spend the cash to get a properly modern system in.

You saw just a couple of weeks ago, even Darvel juniors managed to keep a really good pitch in winter, as their owner spent a small fortune (in junior terms) to install one.

I’d imagine they will spend the cash to get a properly modern system in.

You saw just a couple of weeks ago, even Darvel juniors managed to keep a really good pitch in winter, as their owner spent a small fortune (in junior terms) to install one.
Think the owner is Browning as in bakers.

Back