McLaughlin tonight

Another solid performance, with a save Shagger would have been proud of late in the second half to keep the clean sheet. His distribution is also top notch. It's going to be an interesting battle for the number 1 shirt this season.
Looks a quality addition, seems really composed with the ball at his feet which is a bonus.

He hasn't done anything wrong. Good pre season followed by 2 clean sheets in the league. 2 good saves tonight as well. Tough, but a good problem for Gerrard to have. He doesn't deserve to be dropped if McGregor is fit for Livi.

McGregor by his own admission picking up knocks due to “old age”
McLaughlin could end up first choice before the end of the season.

Nice problem to have going forward. Looked composed tonight and done well to stay switched on enough at the end when he was called into making a top class save!

Definitely think McGregor will be used more sparingly, there is no drop off in terms of quality when McLaughlan plays he has been excellent

Another solid performance, with a save Shagger would have been proud of late in the second half to keep the clean sheet. His distribution is also top notch. It's going to be an interesting battle for the number 1 shirt this season.
Can’t fault him so far. Been excellent and looks assured on the ball. I see no reason to change it or rush McGregor back.

Very assured, and that save tonight was outstanding and just the thing that McGregor is capable of also. We’re lucky to have these two keepers this season.
McLauchlin did well at Hearts but I never really appreciated then just how good he was.

Saw him often down at Sunderland and rarely made any mistakes. Sunderland fans gutted he never got contract offer and I’m delighted he’s here. McGregor probably a better shot stopper but McLaughlin has far better distribution and will come for cross balls with far more conviction than AM ever did. Increasingly looking less of a “back up” and far more of a direct challenger for the position. Good tussle to have for the club.

The assumption when we signed him was that he was the definite back up.

I'm not so sure now.......

One or two? Chortle.
I must be honest I had never even heard of the guy before he signed. I am not overly vocal on FF so didn't indulge in any negative comments but I have to say I think he looks absolutely tremendous, and definitely a major challenge for Greegs.

Doesnt look like a back up keeper to me.

One thing people say about our keepers is they can do f all for most of the match and make that match/clean sheet saving save, Jon done that.

To win the league sometimes a manager has to be ruthless, no favourites, no mercy, McGregor has had his day, time to move on, Tav again maybe back to the Championship which is his level, too many errors in big games, give the captaincy to Goldson.

I never thought much of the signing at the time, figuring how rarely we had seen Foderingham before his departure.

He seems a more than capable keeper from what we’ve seen so far and delighted to have him and McGregor.

Back