McPake and King doing 'commando' training!

Good lads. Always like seeing this. I remember when waghorn done that strikers course pre-season

Sad to see they’ve woosed out and went for “commando” style training. I expected better of them. Kids today, I don’t know…..

Seen McPake put video compilations of his highlights - strengths, skills etc. - on his twitter page the other day. A cynic in me would suggest that he’s advertising himself to potential clubs as he’s for the off. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go.

Greg Greg Greg. You just stick to keeper pre season training. Young McPake is giving himself the best shot he can. The young lad should be praised for taking the bull by the horns and working his socks off to try and extend his stay at Rangers.

RN PTI circuits are hard as beep beep. But best lunchtime sessions I’ve ever had. No pain no gain.

Reading the comments from the trainer it appears McPake has previously been lacking a bit of self-belief and that, perhaps, has stunted his true potential.
I suppose it's down to the coaching staff in pre-season to judge whether an improvement in that aspect of his game is worth keeping him at Rangers.

I think McPake will definitely get an opportunity to impress Gio at Preseason before a decision is made. I’m sure there was talk when he came back from Tranmere that the coaching staff were happy with him.

I can't imagine there's a single sports scientist in the world who'd agree.

Not so sure mate.

As long as you've built up a good aerobic endurance base first, then there's huge fitness benefits to be gained from hill work.

Plenty of top athletes will include it in the early stages of their training, as they build towards their competitive season.

Well that of course is the homegrown academy dream, but do you really think we have a golden generation like that coming through?
Dunno mate

Man Utd brought Phil Neville through with their young stars , then Wes brown , Jonny evans , John O’Shea.

It was policy

McPake could be a massively effective player off the bench. Unfortunately even with the 5 subs and huge match team squad he’s got Kent, Aribo, Wright, Sakala, Hagi and then Middleton, Ofoborh and Kennedy probably pushing for two or three slots. If he gets a chance in preseason he’s going to have to give it everything and hope for a bit of luck.

Hill sprints in the sand will turn you into the terminator.

Any sports scientist should be ignored if they disagree.
I remember reading that doing that type of workout made the players more stronger and fitter to cope with the bone hard pitches in winter and obviously to finish games stronger.

When big Jock was at Leicster City, the players knew of his training regimes and of course murder hill at Gullane.

During pre-season he put the players onto a bus one day and it took them to a builders yard where he had arranged for sand to be used to replicate the hills at Gullane.

Greg Greg Greg. You just stick to keeper pre season training. Young McPake is giving himself the best shot he can. The young lad should be praised for taking the bull by the horns and working his socks off to try and extend his stay at Rangers.

RN PTI circuits are hard as beep beep. But best lunchtime sessions I’ve ever had. No pain no gain.
Goalies don’t run mate

Really looking forward to seeing a lot more of King this season since he’s so versatile.

However, struggling to see McPake get any game time other than early rounds of the cups.

Long gone the days when pre season meant shifting a stone in holiday weight.

The rewards are there if they keep themselves ticking over. Tavernier sets the benchmark for the squad, the stuff he's been doing pre-pre season is insane.
What's he doing mate?

All those long nights at sea taking your turn inside the sex barrel have taken its toll mate. You’re clearly suffering from some syphilis based delirium. :))

Oops. Royals win again. But Respect for both. Worked with Paras in Macedonia. The tone totally changed when the Rear Party came into Theatre.

It's not Commando training.

Now if it was booted runs on road or the endurance course that would be a different matter.
Precisely...some matelot has stolen the Commando title for personal gain.

If they complete the Tarzan/Assault, 9 miler and 30 miler and endurance in the allocated times, we can call it Commando training....otherwise its just exercise!

McPake has been doing this for weeks. If he doesn't end up getting kept on then it won't be cos he didn't try. I think Gio is going to have a look at him over pre season so good luck to him. There's a player in there.

Sounds like a lot of shite.

But maybe thats down to the reporter more than the guy they are training with. Articles in the press about training are usually pretty poorly informed.

Back