McRorie

Should we have edit functions for thread titles?

• No, you're a drunken fool & should proofread your shit.

Votes: 48 32.0%
  • Yes. We all make mistakes.

Votes: 102 68.0%

• Total voters
What we are lacking right now is not going be solved by bringing big Ross in - with all due respect to the lad.

We lack creativity in the middle and cutting edge in the final third. Ross doesn't give us anything in that department.

Last edited:
I’d have the boy in there, that’s for sure.

Jack very overrated for me. That’s 2 games with 10 men and he has not done anything of note in both.

Jack is a defensive mid. His job is to breakup play, what is it you're looking for him to do exactly?

Jack is a defensive mid. His job is to breakup play, what is it you're looking for him to do exactly?

One trick pony? Midfielders need to be adaptable and versatile to be able to work forward as well as back.

Jack is a very limited footballer, he offers nothing. A 5 yard pass and expecting someone else to make something happen isn't good enough.

Today he had our centre halfs bringing the ball out past him he was sitting so deep.

McCrorie is seriously lacking on the ball.

Would make no difference.

Offensively I accept you’re right. Defensively & set pieces in both boxes ? I think you’re unfair on him Hemdani.
Given his age & potential scope for development I’d give him his opportunity again. People keep talking about Rossiter but he has shown little to deserve his reputation, and has one less goal for us than Ross too.

I also think Ross is one of our true winners despite his current weakness on the ball you correctly identify.

What we are lacking right now is not going be solved by bringing big Ross in - with all due respect to the lad.

We lack creativity in the middle and cutting edge in the final third. Ross doesn't give us anything in that department.

Don’t disagree with your point about our main issue BB, but don’t you think too many teams are being allowed to make runs at our defence that others aren’t strong or pacy enough to stop ?

Take the ball off the centre half’s and drive forward with the ball, pass to forward players and do more than just break up play.

Even defensive midfielders need to do more than defend especially when the opposing team are down to 10 players.

Probably was suited for youth sides each season for his size plus he came as a double act with twin brother
SG has looked at him closely and thought no he’s not technically good enough to be a regular starter

Probably was suited for youth sides each season for his size plus he came as a double act with twin brother
SG has looked at him closely and thought no he’s not technically good enough to be a regular starter

I hope that is not the case because if he rates Flanigan, Halliday and Worrel technically good enough and he is not we are in trouble.

I’d have the boy in there, that’s for sure.

Jack very overrated for me. That’s 2 games with 10 men and he has not done anything of note in both.
That's on the manager for not taking off the player that's rather limited when you should be pushing for a goal. He's not overrated but he's not a complete midfielder and really has no use for these types of matches, especially when the other team are down a man

I’m disappointed McCrorie hasn’t seen more game time this season.

I think he should have had more games & even at CH I think he would be a better option than Worral.

SG obviously doesn’t fancy him...I think it’s best the young fella goes out on loan in January.

I thought he was a stick on for today, his energy and physical presence would certainly have given us something different.

I think the red card earlier in the season vs St Midden has, for some reason, gone against him in terms of being picked. He also had a decent show at right back vs I think it was Dundee at Ibrox for half an hour or so?

He is the only player regularly on the bench who hasn't been given an opportunity of a start in months.

I don’t know a thing about anything anymore

I thought Ross would be a legend but obviously not

I thought Haliday was finished but obviously not

So I’ll just say this. Ross should be getting a game ahead of at least 5 players today

Agreed. Which players do you have in mind.

For me- Jack, Ejaria, Lafferty, Middleton (although harsh as he is a young guy) and Worral.

You are right in the creative sense but teams are walking through our midfield just now he at least has a bit of energy, a physical presence and can be a help at both ends of the pitch at set pieces.

Played brilliantly at the Piggery last year, then put in a MOTM performance away to Aberdeen.

I think he’s been treated harshly by Gerrard, he’s exactly what we need. A bit of dig in the midfield with the ability to win balls in the air and can also drive us forward from the back.
Agree with this totally.Obviously Gerrard doesnt rate him

I don’t know a thing about anything anymore

I thought Ross would be a legend but obviously not

I thought Haliday was finished but obviously not

So I’ll just say this. Ross should be getting a game ahead of at least 5 players today

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same boat.
I still think McCrorie will become a legend. Don't understand Gerrard's treatment of the boy. He was playing well before his sending off at Ibrox. Please give him a run in midfield with Arfield & hopefully Rossiter. Not surprised that Ejaria's form has dropped a bit, he's a young lad that has not played much senior football. Coulibaly looks a shadow of the player pre injury.
I'd like to see us play our own & that includes Ross + Greg Docherty. We need to sign a play-maker.

Its the same crap they said about Bates. Now he's doing well at Hamburg even though he "cant pass a ball". Lol

I said at the time not keeping bates was a huge mistake. A Scotland international now. Theses are the same folks that rave about Halliday, have they forgotten the last two seasons. I think he is physically to weak for this level with very limited technical ability. The only reason he plays is because he knows what it means to play for rangers (which i like) and gives his all which S.G can relate to and he is better than the bomb scare that is Mr Flanigan. I am not being funny but anyone that thinks Halliday is anywhere near as rounded a player than Mccorie is well not very well verse in footballing knowledge. Compare the performances of both last season, one a seasoned pro the other 1rst year of senior football.

I thought he was a stick on for today, his energy and physical presence would certainly have given us something different.

I think the red card earlier in the season vs St Midden has, for some reason, gone against him in terms of being picked. He also had a decent show at right back vs I think it was Dundee at Ibrox for half an hour or so?

He is the only player regularly on the bench who hasn't been given an opportunity of a start in months.

If that is the case then what about the other players with red cards? No equality if this is the case.

I have truly been baffled by the lack of game time McRorie has received this season, he has been punished for sending off v st mirren at home( Candieas mistake)
Yes he is not the creative midfielder we are lacking right now but he in my opinion is the best defensive midfielder at club, he adds a real physicality to our team, has pace, and potential to be in the team for years.
Am genuinely shocked to hear people suggest he go out on loan in January and not good enough to be in team. Yet we have two loan midfielders badly struggling and not adding much ahead of him on pecking order, and today Jordan Rossiter came into team and added nothing. It is not too late to play him and see the difference

I have truly been baffled by the lack of game time McRorie has received this season, he has been punished for sending off v st mirren at home( Candieas mistake)
Yes he is not the creative midfielder we are lacking right now but he in my opinion is the best defensive midfielder at club, he adds a real physicality to our team, has pace, and potential to be in the team for years.
Am genuinely shocked to hear people suggest he go out on loan in January and not good enough to be in team. Yet we have two loan midfielders badly struggling and not adding much ahead of him on pecking order, and today Jordan Rossiter came into team and added nothing. It is not too late to play him and see the difference

This for me as well. He’s got pace, drive and aggression. He might offer something different from the water carriers we currently have clogging up the squad.

Jack reminds me of Hemdani, useful in games when we require an extra man in midfield but not required when we’re playing against the bottom team in the league. He offers nothing going forward. For me, McCrorie has far more drive and energy and should be ahead of him when it comes to games like today.

That’s an insult to Hemdani

Your spot on and the ones on here saying he doesn't go forward enough should look at the second half of the last 2 games and who had the most shots on target in those halves , 2 against the sheep and 1 against Dundee, please compare that with the rest of the shite on display in those entire 2 full games, those figures in themselves tell how shite we are at the moment, I don't see McCrorie bettering those stats but I would have him in in front of Ejaria who is a guy that is stuck in reverse.

Hear this all the time.

It’s not enough, a center midfield player should have more to their game. The fact is when we play these teams who pack men behind the ball Jack is surplus to requirements. In fact all he does is slow the play down by taking a pass and giving it right back to the man who gave him it.
Looks so uncomfortable having to bring the ball forward. Doesn’t have pace, doesn’t have vision, never shoots (when he does he just tickles it) and offers nothing from set pieces.

Both Jack and McCrorie are nothing more than ball winners. With respect neither have the ability to be anything else.

What they need beside them is a FOOTBALL PLAYER . That's somebody who plays with two feet , sees the game in front of him, able to receive the ball in tight areas, make space then play the ball FORWARD. We used to have such a player a few years ago, stuck out like a sore thumb he did alongside the very "Jack /McCrorie like" Kevin Thompson, but unfortunately he moved to Southampton.

You want to make a significant difference to the Rangers midfield? That's what we need.

Offensively I accept you’re right. Defensively & set pieces in both boxes ? I think you’re unfair on him Hemdani.
Given his age & potential scope for development I’d give him his opportunity again. People keep talking about Rossiter but he has shown little to deserve his reputation, and has one less goal for us than Ross too.

I also think Ross is one of our true winners despite his current weakness on the ball you correctly identify.
Pirlo would struggle to find a forward pass with those players in front of him

Definitely need to look at a loan for him, he’s not getting better sitting in the stands every week. Although I’d be playing him ahead of Ejaria on current form, albeit I accept he doesn’t exactly add another attacking dimension. It does highlight how badly we need some flair in the middle of the park.

No worse technically than any of the players in recent games.

Back