Media creaming themselves over 7k sheep at Murrayfield

No point in trying to downplay it. It's an excellent amount to take to an away game a couple of hundred miles away for a provincial team.

I'd love to see all the other teams in the league well supported.

I believe the sheep were very lucky yesterday.

7K jeez we take more to an away European game.

I know someone at a searching company who have had a request from Hearts about the ownership of land that part of the new stand has been built. Turns out they have built on land that they don't own. No idea of the implications but it may end up costing them a pretty penny.
Is the searching company from Fife perchance?

Did they manage to behave themselves? Plenty of Sheep in Edinburgh so half of that were probably from Edinburgh and around.

How much are we getting for October?

Must admit as someone who'll never set foot in an away ground in Scotland again, its tempting to make an exception for the chance of seeing Rangers at Murrayfield (I won't though).

I'm tempted as well bud, I'd be quite happy if I never spent another penny on Scottish football away from Ibrox but I must admit a trip to Murrayfield is tempting, Maybe I'll just have a day out in Edinburgh with 1000's of Bears :cool:

It's not really given their catchment area in the North East which is a huge area. Aberdeen has a a population of about 235,000 and they are only top division club in the north east. Even in the central belt they have a lot of supporters. For instance they have more supporters clubs in Edinburgh than Rangers do.
They may have more supporters club but Embra has far more bears..in 20+ years living here I've met two sheep

I've not set foot in an a top flight away ground since 2012.

Truthfully, though, I'd take the once in a lifetime opportunity to see the Gers at Murrayfield if the tickets were available. Sticks in my throat a bit, but I'd do it anyway.

What a day that would be

How much are we getting for October?

Must admit as someone who'll never set foot in an away ground in Scotland again, its tempting to make an exception for the chance of seeing Rangers at Murrayfield (I won't though).
Snap,whilst reading the header I immediately thought........ 'I hope it's 7000 more than we take'

I understand those reluctant to bankroll Hearts next month.

I also think it would be tremendous if we could take over Murrayfield. Given how we struggled at Tynecastle last season, this could almost be like a bonus hit for us, an extra home game.
and extra money for that scum not for this bear %^*& them

They may have more supporters club but Embra has far more bears..in 20+ years living here I've met two sheep

Well I've lived there a lot longer than you and met way more than 2 sheep. Maybe a 100 times that number but you are right there are way more bears here.

Spoke to a sheep this morning that said the atmosphere was shite.

Shame - hopefully we're given a bigger allocation and can change that.

Did they manage to behave themselves? Plenty of Sheep in Edinburgh so half of that were probably from Edinburgh and around.

I think so as I haven't heard any reports to the contrary. I got off the train from Glasgow at Haymarket at about 6.50pm and there was still 100's of them milling about then 2 hrs after their game had finished.

and extra money for that scum not for this bear %^*& them

As I've said already, I understand this stance. But the team and manager needs every possible advantage right now. Getting behind them, and picking up as many points as possible, is a bigger priority than worrying about Hearts imo.

Well I've lived there a lot longer than you and met way more than 2 sheep. Maybe a 100 times that number but you are right there are way more bears here.
I've been in Edinburgh for 30+ years and can count on one hand the number of mutton molesters I've met.

On another note I heard that a squad of them got emptied from the Wotherspoons in Corstorphine yesterday.

I thought the police had limited away support at Murray field to 10k ?

Where are people hearing all this stuff? Why would an away support be limited to 10k at Murrayfield a stadium that's used to handling crowds of 67k with 15-20k away supporters within that number.

I've been in Edinburgh for 30+ years and can count on one hand the number of mutton molesters I've met.

On another note I heard that a squad of them got emptied from the Wotherspoons in Corstorphine yesterday.

Again I have lived in Edinburgh way longer than you and met at least 200 odd sheep fans. Maybe I just talk to way to many people.

Where are people hearing all this stuff? Why would an away support be limited to 10k at Murrayfield a stadium that's used to handling crowds of 67k with 15-20k away supporters within that number.
Because there is only 1 main entrance-way into the stadium.

Rugby is different, the police don't feel the need to segregate supporters on the approach to the stadium (or inside the stadium for that matter).

The idea of 20,o00 Rangers fans approaching the ground down the same road as 15,000 Hearts fans may well be vetoed by the police.

Because there is only 1 main entrance-way into the stadium.

Rugby is different, the police don't feel the need to segregate supporters on the approach to the stadium (or inside the stadium for that matter).

The idea of 20,o00 Rangers fans approaching the ground down the same road as 15,000 Hearts fans may well be vetoed by the police.

There's at least two main entrances to the stadium that I know off. One from the Murrayfield side itself via riversdale crescent which is on the main Glasgow road which Rangers fans could use and this filter down to the north and west stands. There are turnstiles outside the North stand. There is also another way one via the Gorgie side via Roseburn Street which presumably the Hearts fans would use and this goes into the East and South stands. There's also the tram now stop now as well around that side.

It's really easy to segregate fans when you know the layout of the stadium and the area around Murrayfield. In fact it's probably much easier to segregate around Murrayfield than it is around Tynecastle.

Last edited:
don't be fooled he knows exactly what he is doing.

he is goading gers fans so they turn up n pay for their new stand. he will be chuckling to himself if gers turn up in numbers to beat sheeps attendance and help that mob pay for their stand.

don't be fooled!
It's amazing the people who just can't see this.

Back