Meeting players on match day.

Luis Fernandez

I’m bringing my son to the match on Saturday and he’s keen to try and see/meet the players when they arrive.

Could someone tell me where and when they arrive these days before the match. I remember they used to park in the primary school and go in the main door but I believe that’s the case now?

Thanks in advance guys.

They park in the Copland car park and walk into the Copland stand.

Still fences up, no direct access or contact with the players.

Bit of a joke really. Covid has become a convenient excuse to keep fans at arms length.

Bit of a joke really. Covid has become a convenient excuse to keep fans at arms length.

Ah that’s disappointing mate, thanks for the info though. So no autographs or hellos then?

I might still go anyway, any idea what time they start to arrive?

The players will stop for pictures at the fence mate. Not sure what time they arrive for a 3pm kick off, does Beale like having the players in for pre match meal like Gerrard did?

The players will stop for pictures at the fence mate. Not sure what time they arrive for a 3pm kick off, does Beale like having the players in for pre match meal like Gerrard did?

That’s good to know, thanks. Yeah, I was assuming Beale’s routines might be similar to Gerrard’s time. Would they arrive maybe around 12pm possibly?

Players start arriving from around the back of 11am for a 3pm ko. Occasionally they will stop and sign autographs and most of the time stop for photos hope this helps

Really? So you think after a bad result it'd be a sensible idea to have the players mingling with thousands of fans?

Really? So you think after a bad result it'd be a sensible idea to have the players mingling with thousands of fans?

It depends what kink of bad result? The football kind if we’ve got beat and dropped points or the covid kind you’ve got a positive result and have to isolate for two weeks?

Thousands of fans don't hang around waiting after games regardless of the result & there have been some bad ones, so they are safe walking through a few who only want a photo or an autograph.

I’m in the same boat. Taking my young girl over for her first on Saturday. We’re staying overnight so I think I might try and hang about after the game to get her a couple of photos as memories

It hasn't done any harm for the decades that the players parked in the school or car park and walked in. Some of my fondest memories are meeting the players as they were walking in or out to their cars as a kid and teenager. That was through some horrific runs as well under McLeish and Le Guen.

Was there this morn with my young girl. All players were 100% and got photos except for the couple that arrived bang on 12. Alfie even smiled and Michael Beale went down both sides to make sure everyone got their turn. He showed a lot of class
All behind Heras fencing?

Was there this morn with my young girl. All players were 100% and got photos except for the couple that arrived bang on 12. Alfie even smiled and Michael Beale went down both sides to make sure everyone got their turn. He showed a lot of class
This is great to hear

Just that 1 minute moment with a kid is a dream for them and stays with them for life

Glad it went well OP and anyone else with young kids

All behind Heras fencing?
If you are there sharp you will get to the small fence. We got there about ten to 11 and just about got to the smaller fence. Beale was first to arrive at 11:15 and Kent was there just bang on 12 so couldn’t stop. Only one I never got to see was lundstram

This is great to hear

Just that 1 minute moment with a kid is a dream for them and stays with them for life

Glad it went well OP and anyone else with young kids
Actually took me back to being a 10 year old tbh. On another note she was blown away by the new shop and fanzone. She’s already wanting to know when we’re back over

Leon King stood and took pictures with absolutely everybody today. Even when he was told to go he still stopped on way.

Wee man got a picture with him and he was brand new.

We then seen Matondo and stood waiting everybody got their picture and we were next then the guy cut him off as my wee boy was the last to get one. Even asked as he was moving and he was told no and even Matondo said.

Admit mate, you’re using your kid as a prop, the photos and all that is for yourself:p
Seriously glad your wee lassie enjoyed it

she’s 10 and is a proper blusenose. My 5 amd 3 year old girls are too. And my 6 month old got her first 2 kits today. It’s gonna be a dear hobby but it’s worth it
Superb and id imagine it’s very costly but worth every penny

I took my daughter to her first game against Chelsea pre season friendly in 2011 she was 4

She started singing penny arcade on the subway and everyone joined in with her she was hooked for years…. She’s just turning 16 in a few weeks and stopped going to games a few years ago sadly think when we went down the leagues she lost a bit of interest… but she still talks about the day we won the championship and we came back down south on a bus with Tav’s sister

She’ll always be Rangers but she’s changed so much and doesn’t really bother with football….. Selfishly Hoping if we have another this year it’s a boy and he’ll be hooked for life time will tell

Back