Megastore at Ibrox

GAZMAC93

Just a quick question.

Does anyone know if the megastore at the stadium sells the rangers whiskey you can purchase online?

I thought that just wanted confirmation before I troops up, was for an old boy I am meeting tomorrow thought it would be a nice touch as a wee Xmas present. A bottle of malt from Asda will need to do

Separate question but not worth a new thread, has it been confirmed what happens to old (current) Megastore space once new one opens in Edminston House?

Separate question but not worth a new thread, has it been confirmed what happens to old (current) Megastore space once new one opens in Edminston House?
Was initial talk of it turning into a bar/pub.

I’m sure on H&H Bisgrove mentioned it would continue as a club shop along with the new shop in Edmiston House.

Was initial talk of it turning into a bar/pub.

I’m sure on H&H Bisgrove mentioned it would continue as a club shop along with the new shop in Edmiston House.
That is disappointing. It was supposed to be turning into a sports bar. Why do we need 2 shops yards from each other?

Wasted opportunity.

One of the areas we’re also looking at, is the current mega store at Ibrox, if we move this into the new facility at Edmiston House, that gives us a blank canvas to create what could be a further, more relaxed, sports bar type of experience.

Last edited:
OP, total shot in the dark but you can see a Douglas Laing building from the M8 heading west out of Glasgow, not sure if they’ll have any retail there, or if they’d have the Rangers range if there is, but might be worth a Google or a phone call.

OP, total shot in the dark but you can see a Douglas Laing building from the M8 heading west out of Glasgow, not sure if they’ll have any retail there, or if they’d have the Rangers range if there is, but might be worth a Google or a phone call.
Ha. Following your post I google mapped Douglas Laing and they’re next door to Nil By Mouth!!

That question was a lot better than given credit for, and made a very good point; could have been worded better, but still.

Agreed, the point needed raised. The shop is an embarrassment.

We seem to have some licensed products online now which arent sold in the shop, do castore not allow it? I bought a lamp off some mob (funky deer i think theyre called) for my sons bedroom and its really good but never seen it in the shop.

We seem to have some licensed products online now which arent sold in the shop, do castore not allow it? I bought a lamp off some mob (funky deer i think theyre called) for my sons bedroom and its really good but never seen it in the shop.
Exactly, I have two boys and would have liked a lot more variety for them as well, with the added incentive that the club is getting something from it as well. This has been going on for years, and an opportunity is being missed.

I’d rather it was a bar, making money, than a ticket office.

As shit as the ticket office looks, it’s a cost. You don’t not buy tickets because it looks crap.
We need as much money as we can going into the club.

It’s a space as you say that can generate money.

Would be ideal as Lite hospitality too but don’t know how thatd work if you can’t get access into the actual ground and can’t watch it on tv if it’s blocked here

Not that I’ve seen mate.

Mostly Castore branded items which has been a major complaint from fans.
That's due to its RangersXCastore store. All other official merchandise partners have to be done online as its non castore merchandise.

The Rangers rug on the shop online total embarassment. Unless it was updated it just said Rug then the price.

No size dimensions nothing. Same with the curtains :D

Said on here before took boy to Spurs game for his first trip he went in excited to the shop and there was absolutely nothing. Came out disappointed.

But you could buy a training too in about 5 different colour templates I guess

Funky deer? Was it expensive?

We need as much money as we can going into the club.

It’s a space as you say that can generate money.

Would be ideal as Lite hospitality too but don’t know how thatd work if you can’t get access into the actual ground and can’t watch it on tv if it’s blocked here

A decent sports bar.

Walter’s, where you could go and watch the early games, grab some food and drink beer would be ideal.

Guess it wouldn’t be huge, but you could ring fence some of the outside and spill into the fan zone.

I’d rather it was a bar, making money, than a ticket office.

As shit as the ticket office looks, it’s a cost. You don’t not buy tickets because it looks crap.
The portakabins drag down the look of the stadium they are a complete eyesore and we’re supposed to be temporary and have been there over 20 years.

They need to go.

The portakabins drag down the look of the stadium they are a complete eyesore and we’re supposed to be temporary and have been there over 20 years.

They need to go.

I don’t disagree, but it’s not a sensible business move to give up prime real estate for a cost centre, when it could be a value adding, revenue generating business.

Ajax had portacabins - they just painted them a bit nicer and made them look the part.

I don’t disagree, but it’s not a sensible business move to give up prime real estate for a cost centre, when it could be a value adding, revenue generating business.

Ajax had portacabins - they just painted them a bit nicer and made them look the part.
I think some have suggested the new ticket office will be in new edminston house, so the portakabins will 100% be going thankfully.

No idea what is going to happen to the currant megastore then if that’s the case.

They need to go.
In an ideal world the footprint would be completely renewed would bring the area up so much better.

The ground underfoot is awful around the majority of the stadium

Surprised it wasn’t integrated in some way into NEH

I think some have suggested the new ticket office will be in new edminston house, so the portakabins will 100% be going thankfully.

No idea what is going to happen to the currant megastore then if that’s the case.
A ticket office on the current site of the Ibrox complex would make sense.

At this time of year they should be thinking smaller and cheaper, away from the usual hardcore, try to attract a different customer. Get them in the door, get them spending. Spending on small but appreciative gifts. If somebody is throwing a fiver in your till every 5mins, you are laughing.

I've got a great wee gift (outside my Rangers Rudolph xmas jumper which I got years ago, which I love.) It was a simple foam pencil case from the kids. As a sports bettor and racing punter it's been heaven. Ive got my pens and highlighters, etc all in one wee simple gift for a weekend of bets.

Attract the Rangers widows and kids at this time of year, to get in and buy the dads, brothers, sisters etc, a nice wee family xmas gift

Small and cheap, Pencil case, notebooks,. Go retro for a bit of xmas fun. A Bjorn Borg, type red white and blue headband with Dad etc on it. Make fun of dad, go back to the 80's for a bit of fun with the older bearettes, Red, white and blue leg warmers.

Back to basics with colouring in books for the kids with pics of Ibrox/players to colour in. The likes of that matey bubble bath, but with gers players instead of pirates, although there is a few who could walk the plank.

For 4,5 weeks out the year, get the place packed with gift seeking non match day buyers with small great gifts for those in the family who spend their money 40+ days in the year.

Back