Membership scheme

supporters club reps have meetings wed and thurs im sure this week about it
Yeah a know mate , was just wondering due to seeing the SLO on twitter claiming it won’t have an effect on away tickets so was just wondering what it would bring

I'm not sure what perks/guarantees the club can offer for buying a membership?

99% of fans who travel away from home wont stop going due to having to pay for a membership so it's not going to change the amount of games you get in the away scheme.

It's basically another money maker for the club by the sounds of it.

99% of fans who travel away from home wont stop going due to having to pay for a membership so it's not going to change the amount of games you get in the away scheme.

I'd have thought a membership scheme would be focused more on those who do not have a season ticket, for whatever reason.

It would allow them to contribute in a way that perhaps they cannot commit to otherwise.

Yes, it will (hopefully) make the club money but I'm sure it will offer incentives to those who wish to sign up. As long as it priced competitively.

Realistically, the only way the away cccs membership numbers would get cut down if they put the entry fee purely for that scheme. I’m unsure how much it would need to be to put people off signing up multiple people - the muted £50 entry fee won’t put many off so as you said it’ll make little difference

Thats exactly what it is mate not asif they don’t get enough money off us:))

I'd have thought a membership scheme would be focused more on those who do not have a season ticket, for whatever reason.

It would allow them to contribute in a way that perhaps they cannot commit to otherwise.

Yes, it will (hopefully) make the club money but I'm sure it will offer incentives to those who wish to sign up. As long as it priced competitively.

I'm not so sure mate.

Any membership schemes at other clubs I know of is for ST holders and guys who travel to away matches.

If the club is going to start charging us for the privilege of following the team I'm expecting better than the usual 10% off stadium tours rubbish.. it needs to be a decent incentive otherwise their taking the piss.

I'm not so sure mate.

Any membership schemes at other clubs I know of is for ST holders and guys who travel to away matches.

If the club is going to start charging us for the privilege of following the team I'm expecting better than the usual 10% off stadium tours rubbish.. it needs to be a decent incentive otherwise their taking the piss.

The scheme is nothing to do with incentives though, the purpose of it is to cut away cccs membership numbers

People who travel to every game will pay whatever is asked, it’s more fair weather followers who only go to a handful who’ll be put off by paying £50-100 for the privilege of applying for Away games.

I couldn’t care about discounts etc, the only purpose of joining is to apply for Away games

Realistically, the only way the away cccs membership numbers would get cut down if they put the entry fee purely for that scheme. I’m unsure how much it would need to be to put people off signing up multiple people - the muted £50 entry fee won’t put many off so as you said it’ll make little difference

Yup.. the reason why it works down south is because most clubs have nowhere near the travelling support we have.

Then factor in allocations etc.. I'd imagine you'd get a much bigger overall allocation over the course of a season in the EPL or Championship.

The scheme is nothing to do with incentives though, the purpose of it is to cut away cccs membership numbers

People who travel to every game will pay whatever is asked, it’s more fair weather followers who only go to a handful who’ll be put off by paying £50-100 for the privilege of applying for Away games.

I couldn’t care about discounts etc, the only purpose of joining is to apply for Away games

I agree but the membership cost would need to be over thr top expensive to see the numbers reduce dramatically.

I agree but the membership cost would need to be over thr top expensive to see the numbers reduce dramatically.

Correct and it’ll have the desired effect, only it’ll be the regular faces you see everywhere who’ll be more likely to pay the £.

It’ll be interesting to see what the scheme looks like when it’s finalised - I’m unsure if it’ll work in practice the way the club/Ticket office believe it will. If it’s like the travel club, you’ll end up with fans building up points and selling on undesirable games and the ticket office will have no way of managing it

Benfica have the biggest membership on World football with over 233,000 participating.
Give it a google...interesting if this is the blueprint for us moving forward.?

Charging fans for the privilege of buying a ticket is out of order imo.

I’m totally against it, but I know there’s plenty who will pay up regardless. This is what let’s clubs do whatever they want.

There’s the issue - fans will still pay it. However, people who sign up family members/friends to maximise chances for tickets will have a decision to make - would you pay 7/8 membership fees for the chance of getting a Hamilton/St Johnstone etc, I’m not sure

Yup.. the reason why it works down south is because most clubs have nowhere near the travelling support we have.

Then factor in allocations etc.. I'd imagine you'd get a much bigger overall allocation over the course of a season in the EPL or Championship.

Unlike up here there is rules on allocations in England both EPL and EFL

EPL maximum is 3000 or 10% if ground capacity is under 30K

EFL minimum 2000 but that can go up or down depends on club and other circumstances

There is a number of clubs that still take decent followings

Should be non-ST. And allow advance purchase of tickets to games before general sale. Plus a few other naff perks

I'm not so sure mate.

There may be different levels aimed at different types of supporters.

Best way to decide if it is worth signing up to will be when the detail is revealed.

Unlikely i know but say everyone does join and applies then we are still in the same position we are the now

Unlikely i know but say everyone does join and applies then we are still in the same position we are the now

I know, the club are gambling on fans dropping out of the scheme - that’s why I’m saying the membership fee has to be high enough to put folk off it

If the club were proactive they could’ve had a loyalty scheme sorted long before the away cccs got out of control

I'm a gold card member for Leeds United.

For the £50 I pay I get:

Priority access to home tickets when they go on sale before anyone else.

£5 off my first three games.

(Rarely) access for away tickets when the allocation isn't filled. Which like I say is very rarely.

I get £10 off merchandise (once).

Money off programmes, tour etc.

I understand that it's £50 just for the privilege of spending more money at the club but that's how they get you. I would hardly get to a game if I didn't have it.

If we use this it will mainly be for home games I would imagine but I can see the attraction for away games.

I know, the club are gambling on fans dropping out of the scheme - that’s why I’m saying the membership fee has to be high enough to put folk off it

If the club were proactive they could’ve had a loyalty scheme sorted long before the away cccs got out of control
Thats what should have happened mate

I imagine there is a lot of people signed up to the away ticketing scheme just to pass along tickets to a freind or a supporters club and have no intention of going.

Charging a fee could cut out a lot of people.

Would be interesting to see something like £20 a month to give you

- rangers TV
- access to away tickets for season ticket holders
- discount in merchandise
- discount on stadium tours, bricks, argyle house meals
Those signed up to away games can already access away tickets though?

£50 fee for membership to away cccs is a ball cruncher - we have had 3 away tickets @ roughly £30 each in this season’s away cccs if numbers are not affected by this fee, we would be effectively paying £43 to get a £30 ticket and then you add admin charge for postage on top of this.

£50 fee for membership to away cccs is a ball cruncher - we have had 3 away tickets @ roughly £30 each in this season’s away cccs if numbers are not affected by this fee, we would be effectively paying £43 to get a £30 ticket and then you add admin charge for postage on top of this.

First season I can’t see it having much impact on numbers but season after I think a lot will lose interest due to the scenario you outline above.

Realistically though, we have thousands of fans prepared to pay whatever is required

- rangers TV
All season ticket holders already have the choice regarding away tickets - tick the box to be included in the scheme or they abstain from receiving away tickets by leaving blank on season ticket application form.

Yes but under the scheme suggested they wouldn't unless they paid £20 a month
So by this scenario my wife and I would pay £480 over a 12 month period @£20 a month each, and still not be guaranteed tickets from the ballot.

- rangers TV
You forgot Rangers supporters clubs

I hope they don't introduce a paid membership scheme for non season ticket holders to purchase tickets in a public sale. Don't want to go down the exclusive paid route that English clubs do. Rangers should be open to all.

Its (for me) a pure and simple money grab by the club. Ironic considering how the boards previous business dealings have gone. Might end up with some of us locked in a legal battle and the club bent over in public (again)

Tin hat firmly on with this

If we are looking at funding for the club through various means.

An all inclusive season ticket that gives every game in the league, domestic cups and Europe at Ibrox similar to bar 72 could be an option, rather than having to sign up for each competition individually, more money in the bank before the season starts and there would be a degree of risk depending on domestic draws and European progress on whether this is considered value for money - align this all inclusive season ticket to away ticket allocation priority could be considered and would generate more income up front for the club.

Tin hat firmly on with this

If we are looking at funding for the club through various means.

An all inclusive season ticket that gives every game in the league, domestic cups and Europe at Ibrox similar to bar 72 could be an option, rather than having to sign up for each competition individually, more money in the bank before the season starts and there would be a degree of risk depending on domestic draws and European progress on whether this is considered value for money - align this all inclusive season ticket to away ticket allocation priority could be considered and would generate more income up front for the club.

One angle from that then, if the purpose is so the club have the money upfront, does that then discount fans who pay in instalments?

Exactly, but as usual the doom sayers are all over it.

So by this scenario my wife and I would pay £480 over a 12 month period @£20 a month each, and still not be guaranteed tickets from the ballot.
But you would still have the same chance (probably a better chance) and you’d get the extra added benefits.

It was just a thought

So I already pay for my season ticket, CCCS, away tickets and travel club... but that’s now not enough and I’ll be expected to pay for a membership now too???

Back