Memorable comebacks you’ve witnessed following Rangers

Apart from last night the only other 2 games (that stand out) I was at where we've came from 2 goals down, as posted previously is Celtic in 1987 and Aberdeen in 2010. Need to have a think - must have been more.

Not officially a comeback. Very much felt like one. Scottish Cup 1992 v the scum. Davie Robertson sent off by a cheating referee. No. Really. Super Ally scored the only goal. If I remember correctly, ( that will be a first ), Nigel Spackman was absolutely outstanding.

I was in the east enclosure and I see myself gong loopy when the camera cuts to the mayhem in the enclosure that day when gough scores
I was also in the East Enclosure that day but in the Sportsmans chippy when the goal went in. Not the same but it was mayhem in there as well.

Was at most of the games mentioned but an often forgotten one was at the Piggery mid 80's when 9 men came back from 1-0 down for a 1-1 draw.

I wasnt at this game , but i was at all the home games incl FcKoln , i think Bobby Russell had been playing junior with Shettleston a few seasons previously, my mother thought i was having a fit when Russell scored,

Not a Braga-esque comeback. But Lovenkrands final. Being behind twice against O'Neill's mentally challengeds. Then Peter Lovenkrands with 6 seconds to go with the diving header. Beautiful!

Games that sticks in the head for years and proud to say you were there.

Last night will live with me for years.

Also the Marseille comeback and should’ve made the final imo.

Celtic at Ibrox when we were down to 10 men. Loads of bears left after their second goal. The noise from the equaliser was unbelievable.

What’s your favourite memories.
This. Will never ever forget it.

For the fact that it looked so hopeless after the second goal went in, I don’t think I can remember a game where it went from feeling physically sick to sheer glory in the space of 15 minutes.

last nights the best comeback I’ve seen imo

Against Motherwell Scottish Cup semi final 1976, 2-0 down, won 3-2, against Celtic 1977, 2-0 down half time, won 3-2
The first ones that sprung to mind for me as well.Also 2 down at Fir Park and came back to win 5 3 after a pitch invasion.

Remember the sherbourne game. Advocaats first match?
Almost forgot about that game.. Great shout bud.. I was on holiday sunny espana. Said to the Mrs I will go to the wee local pub and watch the game while you get the kids washed and dressed.. By the time she turned up at the pub I was smashed.. Nerves had got the better of me and I needed Jack Ds to calm me down

Was at both. Magnificent memories and last night deservedly ranks alongside them. Working in Stavanger this week and unashamedly doing the bouncy in my hotel room after the third went in!!!

[/QUDo you not often get wee thoughts when Rangers score in key games, about bears across the world in far flung places, on holiday, on honeymoon, in pubs, clubs, houses celebrating just like yourself. Gives ye a glow, knowing we're all doing the same thing at that moment. One big family loyal!!

Has to be the league match against the yahoos in October 1987 and our first ever match in the Champions League versus Marseille in November 1992.

September 1977 sitting in the centenary stand with my father. 2 nil to the mentally challengeds at half time. Getting lots of abuse from the mentally challengeds who were next to us. 3-2 to us at full time and probably the only time in my life I was glad to be next to that lot. That game and many others will stay with me for the rest of my life. A very special day for an eleven year old.
I was 17 years old, sitting in East enclosure at HT almost in tears, 2_0 down to the mentally challengeds. I'm now 59 and still remember that game so much. Up there with my greatest memories of watching my team. WATP.

SPL bingo nowadays that game

Aberdeen try their hardest in a game V Rangers
They chop everything that moves
the ref lets them away with it - could have quite easily been a red for Diamond, the stamp later on in the game could have been a red as well. Surprising that McGuire got sent off later, Gollum almost certainly made a mistake and was involved in junior football the next week
Crocker/Walker sound like their dug has died when we make the comeback
Could have been played yesterday, the commentator shite remains identical, the numpties remain numpties and cannot fill the sheep pen and the bhoys in red still try to kick %^*& out of us.

As with many others the Sept 1977 game stands out, all the goals scored at the Rangers end, two almost identical efforts from Edvaldsson in the first half, three equally close range efforts from Johnstone and Smith in the second. I think both Bobby McKean and Davie Cooper played that day. I remember the Celtic fans started to fight among themselves when we got 3-2 up, obviously Graham Spiers wasn't standing among them to help moderate their behaviour.

No ticket and down 0-2 to two Edvaldson goals. Got in at half time for free in those days - won 3-2 at the old Ibrox. Great day to be a very wee bear.

As with many others the Sept 1977 game stands out, all the goals scored at the Rangers end, two almost identical efforts from Edvaldsson in the first half, three equally close range efforts from Johnstone and Smith in the second. I think both Bobby McKean and Davie Cooper played that day. I remember the Celtic fans started to fight among themselves when we got 3-2 up, obviously Graham Spiers wasn't standing among them to help moderate their behaviour.
Was at that one, got in for free at half time.

The 5-5 game at Easter Road was mental. 3-0 down and went 5-3 up then fucked it.

Also remember a comeback at East End Park under Eck, 2-0 down at HT and won 4-2, think Arveladze got a couple? Pissing doon and I was in the front row getting drenched.
That was the one the sprung to mind for me aswell

One that sticks in the mind was the run in to the 95-96 league at Starks Park. McCoist hat-trick and being down twice during the game. Ended up Raith Rovers 2 Rangers 4. I seem to remember it was a nerve jangler and delighted we won that day.

My earliest memory was 1976 SCSF v Motherwell at Hampden on a freezing cold night. We were 2 down and heading out with 20 minutes to go but an Alex Miller penalty an double from DJ got us through.
The rest is history as we beat Hearts in the final and win another treble.

Back