Memories of Dynamo Kiev 1987.

I was 14 I was in the govan front. I had quad up from 6am to get a ticket from the public sale. Best ever game for me. Atmosphere that night .noise just fantastic .

Anyone who was there will know just how special that night was, I don’t think the atmosphere will ever be bettered, the last 15 - 20 mins was incredible, we literally roared the team on to victory.

Watched the away leg on tv at work- 100k at the national stadium in Kiev,. Lucky to escape with a 1-0 defear although John McGregor should have scored an away goal

Was at the home game in the east enclosue (tickets £3), aged 18 (50 now) and as others have said, the noise was unbelievable. 2-0 up and Kiev's team of Siviet internationals were playing 1-2s around the box looking for the deadly away goal in th last 10 mins - I couldn't watch. What a night. Back to the Woodcutter in Abronhill for a lock-in. Working the next morning after 4 hours sleep

Hsppy days

@GodStruth

Highlights?

As the game wasn't live on TV hence beamback, maybe you are thinking of Steaua Bucharest away in March 1988 which was live on STV at 1pm

@GodStruth

Highlights?

As the game wasn't live on TV hence beamback, maybe you are thinking of Steaua Bucharest away in March 1988 which was live on STV at 1pm
[/QUOTE]
Remember that game. Was on yts at the time working with loads of dhims. Gaffer let someone bring a tv in to let us watch it

Watched the away leg on tv at work- 100k at the national stadium in Kiev,. Lucky to escape with a 1-0 defear although John McGregor should have scored an away goal

Was at the home game in the east enclosue (tickets £3), aged 18 (50 now) and as others have said, the noise was unbelievable. 2-0 up and Kiev's team of Siviet internationals were playing 1-2s around the box looking for the deadly away goal in th last 10 mins - I couldn't watch. What a night. Back to the Woodcutter in Abronhill for a lock-in. Working the next morning after 4 hours sleep

Hsppy days
Where did you work,The Russian Broadcasting Corporation? :)

And did you notice no subway loyal in existence back then
In fairness i was 11/12 i was more in awe at the whole occasion i didn't realise humans could make sound like that. What a night from falco with the tap in after the mix up with the throw out. Mccoist with his square head fooling the keeper to souness with the longest pass back in history still one one of my all time games at Ibrox .

Yellow section Copland Front. Was a lovely late summer evening. Still the best atmosphere I've experienced. Between leaving school and starting university so not a care in the world!

@GodStruth

Highlights?

Remember that game. Was on yts at the time working with loads of dhims. Gaffer let someone bring a tv in to let us watch it
[/QUOTE]
Was sure I had watched it at 2pm in the afternoon while at work, but you could be right re Steaua. I've drank a lot in the last 32 years

Yes,we went to Ibrox to watch the Away game on the beamback.
The majority of their crowd looked like military personnel.
All brown army uniforms, we actually played quite well in the first leg and had a few chances.
The home leg is my favourite ever Euro game, sat in the Copland front yellow section looking over into the East Enclosure thinking I want to be in there it was bouncing.
That Kiev team were mostly made up of the USSR squad from the Mexico 86 WC which made the quarter finals( IIRC)

IIRRC my mate’s dad dripped four of us off very early on a sunday morning to queue for tickets, which we got for the the West Enclosure.
The noise that night was literally off the scale, it was incredible.

Back