Memories of Easter Road, Hibs 0 Rangers 3 in April 1976

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
1975-76 ended in treble glory, but before Christmas our league form was quite poor and it looked a struggle to retain the title. Then we went on a brilliant winning run to move clear.
This is one of the games in that run, victory chalked up at a difficult place to win, against a very decent Hibs team.

Look out for something seen very rarely, a rampaging Tom Forsyth run to the bye line and goal assist!

Video from the terrific @Rangers Archive Footage

That was a great result against a good Hibs team. It's the following week I remember more though. We won 3-0 against Dundee at Ibrox and they lost 3-2 at Tannadice, putting us 1 point ahead. They then totally collapsed over the next fortnight and we ended up winning it by 6 pts iirc? And that was in the days of 2 pts for a win. If they'd not lost at home to Ayr United on the 24th we'd have won it at the piggery on the Monday (that was 0-0). Happy days they were though!

There was a great thread recently about the climax to that treble when we beat Hearts at Hampden.

Enjoyed that OP. We had some great battles during the early-mid 70's with as you say an excellent Hibs side.

Was at that game. Those were the days when we had about all the terracing except for the wee shed behind their goal and the main stand. The two tier terracing was always mobbed.

Was at that game. Those were the days when we had about all the terracing except for the wee shed behind their goal and the main stand. The two tier terracing was always mobbed.
Was there too ,mate. Good atmosphere,the team were really firing then on the run in to the treble.

My dad , me and pal were in the 'wee shed' that day - as you can see there was plenty of us in there!

I was in the main stand with my dad ( was 12), coming out the tunnel and seeing the old large high terracing full of bears, while the tannoy played Music by John Miles live with me even today

Back