Memories of Gabriel Amato

Always love this Amato gif

37_FCB9_B9-7_BAB-4_C70-_A984-_D5_AFCA3_DFB9_A.gif

I remember him trapping a ball in the warm up. What a touch it was. You could tell straight away he was some player. Cannae mind who it was against but one of his first games at home

Some great memories from Amato, a little young to remember what his consistency was like but he provided some magical moments. That piece of skill at the touchline then nutmeg on stubbs I think it was?

Also never forget a fantastic header against the scum, think the game ended 2-2 iirc? And not to mention his celebration v scum too!

That goal and celebration.

My first game against the beasts and I was lucky enough to be in the East Enclosure.

GA was top class all he lacked at the very highest level was speed. If he had that he'd have been at the top Spanish, Italian clubs.

Very fond memories of.

Was great at holding the ball up for our midfield, did he start at the Piggery when we won the league 1999, maybe I'm dreaming.

Also remember being at Dens when he bailed us out in a great game, 3-2 for us i think?

THAT celebration

Appearing at the celebration for Advocaat’s first title at Ibrox wearing shades and chomping on a cigar - probably the coolest any person in history has ever looked.

Never forget his wee trick out on the wing vrs parma in 98 a special moment that was .

Be good if somebody could post it

A great player for us he seemed to love his goals vs
The beast .

Looked like he was slow and cumbersome sometimes but he most certainly had a "football brain" .

My memory is my old man disappearing to the castle street orange halls to get the bus to the game before the old firm and as a young boy my maw panicking all day because he hadn't came home. Came home bouncing off of every wall singing theres only one amato at silly o'clock.

At the time my dad worked 6 days a week and hardly drank a drop so Amatos performance that day made his year.

Always treasure that memory and now am 29 a can exactly understand why.

Incredibly skillful, any pace and he could have played for just about any team. Most bizarre thing about him for me was that he was always credited with having won 6 caps for Argentina, check his wiki page and there's no mention of it. Bizarre.

Back