Memories of Julian Rodriguez

Blue Lew

The only time he moved quicker than a dead mammoth, was being subbed at Tynecastle in the first half.
Came on to post this. I was raging with the twat that day. In fact not just that day, every day.
He was also terrible for watching his man when defending corners and thepitting them in a Half Nelson, he was a liability.

TBH I had forgotten him totally. He had an impressive CV, but reality didn't match my expectations. Consigned to my dustbin of daddy history , which sadly is overflowing thanks to Murray-Bain era, and beyond(until SG arrived). Jury still out , until we reach 55! I will revisit memories and individual player judgements thereafter. I live in hope until then. I also exclude W S era from aforesaid.

Corporal Clegg

TBH I had forgotten him totally. He had an impressive CV, but reality didn't match my expectations. Consigned to my dustbin of daddy history , which sadly is overflowing thanks to Murray-Bain era, and beyond(until SG arrived). Jury still out , until we reach 55! I will revisit memories and individual player judgements thereafter. I live in hope until then. I also exclude W S era from aforesaid.
Whit :D

GeeGee

He was a strange player from what I recall arrived with a decent reputation but at times he was average or brutal there wasn't much consistency from him. Remarkably his best performances came in the Champions League the last 16 campaign I think.
A few of the signings of that era clearly weren’t that interested beyond putting a wedge of cash in the bank.

buc11

I thought he got a bit of a hard time to be honest.

There were quite a few really good players in 05/06 but just didn't seem to work for some reason despite being a Kris Boyd sitter away from a Champions League quarter final.

One paced and never looked comfortable with the physicality of Scottish football.

We were hellish defensively from McLeish's car crash last season to PLG. It was like a conveyor belt of duds.

That bad even Hemdani was covering at CB.

Papac

Hemdani was an excellent signing
I realize my post never really mentioned that he was a success.

I just meant, as someone else has added to it above, that I thought we were on our way to making proper European level signings again in the three guys from France that were brought in.

Pierre-Fanfan and Rodriguez failing in comparison to my expectations and Hemdani's contribution.