Memories of Julian Rodriguez

atcolin

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
I remember being quite optimistic about this guy.

Again though his reality didn’t match up to the CV.

Not a lot of memories spring to mind. To be fair I was probably pished for every match he played in though.

Getting subbed by Durrant against Dunfermline after 34 minutes after one of the worst performances I have ever seen .

Mostly garbage, but I do seem to remember there was a period where he looked like he was starting to come on to a game. He subsequently got injured and not long after was punted on a free to Marseille. He was back in the French national team not long after. Another Martin Bain masterstroke.

more interested in holding his balls when sliding to block a shot, which he failed and they? scored from

My main memory of him is the CL game v Porto where he just focused on wrestling his man into the goal rather than defending at both goals.

Came on to post this, the most bizarre thing I have ever witnessed, if he had turned round at any time he could have cleared the ball away that was trickling into the goal

Like several round that time. Not motivated and then probably paid to leave.

The club waa not a well run thing at that point.

Can't even remember what he looked like let alone anything he contributed, good or bad.

Had a brief decent period but him and Kyrgiakos as partners was the stuff of nightmares. Honestly looked like the 2 of them would rather wrestle a man than bother with defending.

The dark arts of defending I get are often needed but they lacked any kind of subtlety, and yet still somehow we'd concede soft set piece goals.

He just couldn’t cope with high crosses into the box. Bit like the type of central defender that Mark Warburton favoured.

Kyrgiakos constantly covering the space he'd left as his positional sense and lack of realising he had lost his man was appalling

I worked in a bar for years and that involved loads of shitty Saturday and Sunday shifts, meaning I missed quite a lot of games over the years (including Helicopter Sunday) so I have no memories of Julian Rodrigues other than his name on the team sheet.

Signed for over a million
Started excellent
Quickly became awful & looked terrified
Freed by Bain for nowt
Shortly after played in France and was in the french national side

peak-Bain
ah good memories lol

Remember being at a game at Shittodrie where we had Rodriguez and Pierre-Fanfan at the back at it was a horror show.

Barry Ferguson and Fernando Ricksen spent most of the game giving them absolute pelters.

Did people (or the media) call him J-Rod or am I just imagining that was a thing?

Massive ankles.

Remember seeing him, his Mrs and child walking up my mums street.

That’s really about it.

Absolutely shitting himself up at the Pittodrie after we battled back from 2-0 down to get it to 2-2, the whites out of making a challenge just outside our box which leads to Abershitehole going 3-2 up to win the game.

The main character in one of the strangest things I've ever seen in football. Man handled a Porto player into the Broomloan goal, as Pepe wandered into score. Truly bizarre.

Was it him that got subbed in the first half at Tynecastle when mcleish went to a back 3 for about half an hour?

I remember when he signed someone posted a YouTube video of him in a French game nearly decapitating some poor cnut with a seriously high challenge.

I kinda hoped we’d signed an ‘enforcer’ but he was actually a bit of a shitebag.

A massive square arce to match his massive square heid

Perfect hair, stunning eyes - well trimed brows

Slow as %^*&.

He was a strange player from what I recall arrived with a decent reputation but at times he was average or brutal there wasn't much consistency from him. Remarkably his best performances came in the Champions League the last 16 campaign I think.

Back