Men against Boys - We are Stronger + Fitter

BoyInRoyalBlue

If I was one of them my major worry would be they look so unfit, 3 months into a new season and 2 strikers from them aren't fit enough to start games, Brown blowing out his arse after 15 mins, Ntcham looked like he wanted to be anywhere apart from Parkhead and Duffy looked like he has been on 100 B+H a day.

Celtic under Lennon are not a modern team, they are a team stuck in the early 00's when players weren't proper athletes and it is showing.

Thankfully, I am not , I am one of us and my only worry is that we don't kick on.

We now need to go on and rattle off 7/8/9 wins on the trot in the league, make no mistake our foot is on the mentally challenged neck.

Remember the Commons comment

We are far stronger physically, Far fitter than them and if we have the hunger to kick on then we can do this comfortably.

Even if we change it a bit to include squad players it does not upset the rythmn of the team, everyone knows their role, this strength in depth and playing to a system that everyone can adapt to even if they missed a few a games can only be good going forward.

Maurice Ross said this on BBC Sportsound. Slated the fact Griffiths isnt fit, said pre season is 3-4 weeks and its 4 months into the season so how can this guy not be fit.

Also pointed out the fact we are so well drilled our midfielders never have to sprint, they are always in the right position.

Maurice Ross said this on BBC Sportsound. Slated the fact Griffiths isnt fit, said pre season is 3-4 weeks and its 4 months into the season so how can this guy not be fit.

Also pointed out the fact we are so well drilled our midfielders never have to sprint, they are always in the right position.
Regarding thumb heid, he is aheavy drinker and recreational drug user . Difficult to get a level of fitness when you lead your life like that . Not saying there’s anything wrong with it for your every day joe bloggs , each to their own ,but a professional athlete?

We're never going to get a better chance to win this league, ever. One game at a time without stating the obvious but it's there for the taking.

These games (and European games) have never been an issue under gerrard. We’ve always performed well in them.

It’s the other “routine” matches where we’ve struggled in the past.

The only three other “real tests” we’ve had this season is:

Sheep (A) - succeeded
Livi (A) - failed
Hibs (A) - failed

Rest assured that we seem organised and mature with how we’re going about our busing this season. But this team still have absolutely everything to prove yet. We need to go and turn the screw and open up a gap (regardless whether the poets would still have games in hand).

I think as well playing as a unit and a system everybody knowing when to move nobody is being dragged about more needlessly than they need to be.

100% this, we are also far far better drilled in terms of what is expected and why.

The time the team has been together and the effects of the coaching staff are now really starting to show.

These games (and European games) have never been an issue under gerrard. We’ve always performed well in them.

It’s the other “routine” matches where we’ve struggled in the past.

Sheep (A) - succeeded
Livi (A) - failed
Hibs (A) - failed

Rest assured that we seem organised and mature with how we’re going about our busing this season. But this team still have absolutely everything to prove yet. We need to go and turn the screw and open up a gap (regardless whether the poets would still have games in hand).
We also spanked Motherwell 5-1 as well as the OF game. Those were tests

If I was one of them my major worry would be they look so unfit, 3 months into a new season and 2 strikers from them aren't fit enough to start games, Brown blowing out his arse after 15 mins, Ntcham looked like he wanted to be anywhere apart from Parkhead and Duffy looked like he has been on 100 B+H a day.

Celtic under Lennon are not a modern team, they are a team stuck in the early 00's when players weren't proper athletes and it is showing.

Thankfully, I am not , I am one of us and my only worry is that we don't kick on.

We now need to go on and rattle off 7/8/9 wins on the trot in the league, make no mistake our foot is on the mentally challenged neck.

We are far stronger physically, Far fitter than them and if we have the hunger to kick on then we can do this comfortably.
It is worth noting that Gerrard played for progressive coaches like Benitez, Rodgers, Capello and Erikson among others.
I accept top players do not always develop into top coaches, Lampard for example is on a par with Warburton regarding how to set up a defence.
Lennon however spent the majority of his career playing for Martin dinosaur bastard O'Neill.

We also spanked Motherwell 5-1 as well as the OF game. Those were tests

Every game is a test, but you knew what I meant. ;)

Whilst I don’t expect to beat anyone by a 5-1 margin.... I do expect to beat a team who are 1pt off the foot of the table quite comfortably. That’s exactly what we done to Motherwell.

Sheep (A) - succeeded
Livi (A) - failed
Hibs (A) - failed
Sheep & Hibs I aggree with. But we shouldn't be seeing Livi as a challenge. We were dire that day and weren't given a bent cent from a bent referee.

Was surprised not to see that mentioned until now. Every time they'd cut from a closeup of a mentally challenged player to a closeup of one of ours one would be blowing and one would look untroubled - and it was always the latter for us.

We've looked fitter than them for at least the past 2 years. Tactically we're better than them but our fitness also allows for that when you look at the shift our midfield puts in compared to theirs.

at this moment we are OP

let's not get carried away though, we have witnessed us looking stronger and fitter than them before, then we have capitulated badly

let's keep our feet on the ground this time

Look at the picture at the end of goldson shaking Duffys hand. Duffy looks like he's just done a marathon over cross country. Goldson looks like he's been out for a gentle 10 minute walk

Sheep & Hibs I aggree with. But we shouldn't be seeing Livi as a challenge. We were dire that day and weren't given a bent cent from a bent referee.

I agree with you mate. I referred to them as “challenge” based on their howler of a pitch and it’s a place where we’ve struggled before.
I’d also consider away to Killie in the same mindset (not so much Hamilton as they never seem to give us any trouble despite their shïtey pitch)

I always forget (but never care enough to remember)... who did Lennon get rid of behind the scenes?

Sports nutritionists or sports analysts. It was something along those lines.

Speaking of Commons, is he still doing media work? Haven’t seen him in Sky for a while now and was thinking about the Rangers need to spend £100m to get near to Celtic comment in 2018 he made.

Back