Mental As Anything - Live It Up

This is something that could come back and massively embarrass us.

Would rather wait until we've actually won something before we start this crap.

Exactly, stuff like that should be kept until we’re crowned champions

Mate its just a laugh.
I agree with the poster though. Yes I love the song and yes I love laughing at all things yahoo and their meltdowns . However I’m loathe to jinx anything . We need a trophy in the bag before I allow myself to get involved in things too much . What if we don’t win the league ? This song will then be used against us in a big way .

Let’s hold fire just now same as players and management .

I agree with the poster though. Yes I love the song and yes I love laughing at all things yahoo and their meltdowns . However I’m loathe to jinx anything . We need a trophy in the bag before I allow myself to get involved in things too much . What if we don’t win the league ? This song will then be used against us in a big way .

It’s taking the piss out of the Celtic fans mate
There about to hit the car park so it’s a perfect time.
But I know what you mean.

It’s taking the piss out of the Celtic fans mate
There about to hit the car park so it’s a perfect time.
But I know what you mean.
It just makes me nervous . They’ve still only lost one game in the league . They have a ridiculously easy run of home games now coming up .

I just feel we all need to keep concentrating as fans keep the mindset one game at a time . That keeps the good juju flowing . If we get complacent it will cause a disturbance in the force and things could change , we simply must avoid that scenario .

Love the Union Bears video after the 2 nil game, also have a good one from last season's game with Braga with music from ' The Warriors '

Them bastards are panicking. Hopefully that puts more pressure on them in the league games and we all know diamonds are formed under pressure but luckily they are bottle merchants and will crumble

Win 55 then this would be fantastic but way too early just now and just the kind of thing that has come back to bite us on the arse in recent years.

one of the few regrets I’ve got in life is that I didn’t laugh and gloat my tits off far more than I did when the Filth nearly went out of business just before Fungus McSquint stepped in.

I know there’s a long way to go - but I’m making sure I have a chuckle at anything and everything that causes Nonce FC even the slightest bit of discomfort.

and I’ll be unbearable to disciples of the Knew Camp when we secure 55

Far too soon for stuff like this.

It could easily come back to haunt us - imagine if we fall apart and they win the league. It will be shoved right back at us.

Would love to see this top the charts at the end of the season.

This song has only been to number 2 in the Australian charts, Greedy Smith who wrote the song died last year.

Last edited:

You are aware jinxing something isn’t an actual thing? Just something human’s make up in their minds?

You are aware jinxing something isn’t an actual thing? Just something human’s make up in their minds?
I don’t believe that . The minute arrogance kicks in , in any walk of life , it will bite you back . You need to keep the positive juju and balance we currently have for as long as possible . If the players and management can do it , it’s up to us the fans to do our bit as well .

I very much doubt that. Was released in 1985 in Australia but didn't become a hit until Feb 1987 in the UK after it's inclusion in Crocodile Dundee.
The song is quite sentimental to me and reminds me of when i first started to go to discos and clubs. I bought the 7" and 12" vinyls .I also loved the Crocodile Dundee film and the party scene which made the song famous is just brilliant!

Back