Mentality is all that matters and we don’t have it.

I’ve heard that mentality is not a problem with our team but it is we had that in the bag and we bottled it simple as that.

They are in Morelos head and others and it shows Gerrard should make them watch that mob rub it in and they will.

Absolutely gutted.

all about ruthlesness , we havent got that yet, all about taking chances in big games, we seem to do it in europe but not against them, until we start taking chances at crucial times we wont win anything

in saying all that if positives are to be taken we were excellent for 60, they scored and we looked like we ran out of ideas, we need luck but we need to be ruthless even more

We don’t have a winners mentality and the ability to put teams to the sword, you could tell that after a glut of missed chances that lot would score, you just knew. That’s the difference, we never really looked like scoring after they went down to ten. Serious mentality issue with this squad and today has just exacerbated that.

%^*& sake Rangers.

The truth is we are constantly rewarding players and mangers with new and improved contracts when they’ve achieved nothing.

Our players are in the comfort zone cause they know a few wins in Europe and beating Aberdeen a few times gets them £5,000 extra a week.

We constantly send out the wrong signals by doing this.

There’s definitely a mental toughness issue. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

We have the quality and the physicality to boss them, that’s clear. However, we just lack something in terms of completion and making those things count.

Twice this week we’ve chucked it in crucial games that were in the palm of our hands. Twice in the same week they’ve been clinical enough in games where they’ve been poor to nick the spoils.

Folk can scream all they want about refs, but the bottom line is that both these matches have been ours for the taking and we’ve shot ourselves in the foot both times.

Frankly, I’m now pretty convinced this season is going to be another frustrating disappointment.

I hate those c@nts with a passion, but they’re winners. They know how to get over the line.

Tav gives the penalty to Alfie, he then can’t shake the miss, have to agree Super A mentality is the key, onto the next game.

Rubbish. Morelos played very decent and our Rangers showed we are a better team. Sometimes you need a bit of luck. I would love to play them every week and I'm confident we would beat them 7 times out of ten

Just for clarity - we were cheated out of that.

The goal was offside.

That's not mentality, that's the affect of years of intimidating officials.

We played them off the park and should have had two penalties.

Fine margins.

There’s definitely a mental toughness issue. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

We have the quality and the physicality to boss them, that’s clear. However, we just lack something in terms of completion and making those things count.

Twice this week we’ve chucked it in crucial games that were in the palm of our hands. Twice in the same week they’ve been clinical enough in games where they’ve been poor to nick the spoils.

Folk can scream all they want about refs, but the bottom line is that both these matches have been ours for the taking and we’ve shot ourselves in the foot both times.

Frankly, I’m now pretty convinced this season is going to be another frustrating disappointment.

I hate those c@nts with a passion, but they’re winners. They know how to get over the line.

we won’t get a better chance to beat them in a final than today.

Folk are not thinking normally!

But for a keeper who pulled a saves out his arse we would have had it won by HT!

It’s not a mentality thing!!

Fück all to do with mentality.

We just bossed them for 90 minutes, they never had a shot on goal apart from the goal that had 3 men offside.

Bad luck, bad finishing – yes – but we win that game if we aren’t cheated by the officials.

It’s always the same bad luck bad finishing ect ect they are in Alfie’s head he shat the bed that’s now 11 games he hasn’t scored against them but oh aye it’s not mentality ffs

Tav is nowhere near a Rangers captain. No heart and it hurts to say that. Jack should be captain. Pick ourselves up and forward against the young boys.

The goal was offside.

Fine margins.
While I agree with the sentiment we missed a penalty and a handful of chances and played against ten men for a good 25 mins we can’t blame the ref or linesman for that

It’s always the same bad luck bad finishing ect ect they are in Alfie’s head he shat the bed that’s now 11 games he hasn’t scored against them but oh aye it’s not mentality ffs

You’re 100% right mate, better mentality stops them scoring from their only shot on target that has 3 men offside.

Waken the fück up.

The goal was offside.

Fine margins.

For clarity they have the trophy and we don’t. Because we missed a glut of chances and couldn’t find a way past 10 men.

The players didn't bottle anything today. The team didn't take chances. Somehow Gerrard needs to instill belief in his players. I do think the players bottle went against Aberdeen. Definitely more mental strength required. I'm gutted because today we were the better team and should have won easily. Wish I had the answer but somehow we need to get those players knowing they will win. I presume we can't afford to simply bring in players with a winning mentality.

Fück all to do with mentality.

We just bossed them for 90 minutes, they never had a shot on goal apart from the goal that had 3 men offside.

Bad luck, bad finishing – yes – but we win that game if we aren’t cheated by the officials.

Couldn’t give a flying f**k about bossing anyone. Beating them is all that matters.

The players didn't bottle anything today. The team didn't take chances. Somehow Gerrard needs to instill belief in his players. I do think the players bottle went against Aberdeen. Definitely more mental strength required. I'm gutted because today we were the better team and should have won easily. Wish I had the answer but somehow we need to get those players knowing they will win. I presume we can't afford to simply bring in players with a winning mentality.
Sense, this will not go down well.

This week has proved this team is mentally weak. No two ways about it.

A Walter team would have seen out the 3 points at Pittodrie with ease and would have dismantled Celtic today.

That was utter pathetic. I don’t care how ‘well’ we played. Rangers are about winning mentality first and foremost. That wasn’t worth of a Rangers team today.

all about ruthlesness , we havent got that yet, all about taking chances in big games, we seem to do it in europe but not against them, until we start taking chances at crucial times we wont win anything

in saying all that if positives are to be taken we were excellent for 60, they scored and we looked like we ran out of ideas, we need luck but we need to be ruthless even more

That's exactly it.

Against 10 men for all that time, and we actually looked as if we ran out of ideas.

Something I’ve thought for ages but never said. I think we play with the aggression of our assistant manager, I.e. fucking none

What more do you want some of them to do? The defence despite playing poorly for the last couple of weeks, gave up 1 big chance and that's it, the midfield completely dominated theirs, Jack was running the show and Kamara/Arfield also played well. Tavernier was putting in dangerous balls from crosses and corners. What more can they do? They created plenty of chances for our star striker and he couldn't finish even one. Normally i got a bit ott about bottle and mentality but this game wasn't one to question the vast majority of theirs.

Unfortunately Morelos' is to be questioned and that's something that needs to be discussed when everyone calms down

FFS, we absolutely murdered them but came up against a keeper in inspired form. I've never in all my days seen us batter a team like that in a cup final and still lose. Add in their goal was offside. We were my unbelievably unlucky to lose that game and I can't be too critical of the team. They got lucky.

I really really fuc*n hope this inspires the team to win the league.

Alfie needs to keep calm, recover and absolutely batter them at the end of the month to shut up every critic that’s going to come his way.

Wouldn’t blame Gerrard today, the team as a whole played well and dominated the darkside. He needs to let loose at them just now and kick them up the arse to perform for the rest of the season.

I hope this is a massive learning curve for them mentally, because physically and technically we are better than them now. We lost that game today due to them nicking an offside goal and sitting back.

Come on Rangers let’s f**kin win the other two domestic trophies on offer!!

We weren’t mentally beaten, ffs. We were beaten by a clearly offside goal.

I wouldn’t even complain so much if it was an even game but they had no other fücking shots on goal.

We will just have to disagree they only need one we need ten to score even when they were down to ten you just knew we were gubbed

Cheating officials...
Keeper played a blinder...
Unlucky...

Could have come straight from the Huddleboard in the 90's. Those are exactly the excuses they used while we pissed ourselves laughing at them.

We had every chance today and not only could we not beat them, we couldn't even score. Yet again. We have people at the club who simply don't know how to beat them. We have some of our support who are still living through the hell of 7 years ago - yes, today isn't as bad as back then but it isn't good enough for Rangers. Not by a long way.

People can delude themselves that 'we're getting closer" - we aren't. They don't even need to turn up any more. Our star striker has a huge problem, bottling it in every single OF match. The new Kris Boyd. Our captain either goes missing or makes terrible mistakes in these games. Or manager has been in charge for 5 meaningful OF matches and has lost 4 of them. That's not good enough.

Today should be a wakeup call for anyone who thinks we are winning anything anytime soon. We're not. They won't be that bad against us again for a long, long time so we would have to improve considerably if we are going to win the league or any cup.

We created absolute tonnes of chances. We have them pretty much nothing. Their goal was offside and we missed a penalty. Sickening defeat but give it a rest with the mentality nonsense.
Don't agree bro
Mentality is not there
That was proved against the sheep on Wednesday
We were 2 nil up and cruising and we drew the game
We played against a team today and we bottled it
Pure and simple

For clarity they have the trophy and we don’t. Because we missed a glut of chances and couldn’t find a way past 10 men.
So you don't think that it matters that our opponents had one shot on target and scored an illegal goal and you are questioning our mentality?

Let's agree to differ, mate, I don't want to fall out with a brother and I'm emotional ( half-pished), pig-sick and feel roundly cheated.

And we didn't miss many chances, the keeper saved most of them.

Back