Message From El Hadji Diouf

Remember Burley's meltdown on ESPN?

As has been said plenty times previously, a stroke of genius from Walter to bring in Diouf, they were foaming at the mouth from the moment he walked in the front doors at Ibrox.

The best thing I can say is that his behaviour while he was with us was befitting of that of a Ranger. He did us all proud, conducted himself magnificently even when provoked on more than one occasion.

I remember as well he wrote a letter to the fans and the staff and the players after his time here too, it was a mark of the man and what he's really all about.

Had a great touch, and no pace when he joined us.

I don't care what anyone says, he played a part in helping us win the league that year.

Genuinely don't care is he spat on some celtc fans.
Don’t give the guy abuse and you don’t get spat on it really is that simple

It won't be recorded in stats anywhere but I remember a post European away game on a Sunday away at St Mirren ( I think) which had difficult afternoon written all over it at the business end when every point and goal counted. He didn't score or assist but put in a 90 min work horse effort using all of his experience, holding the ball up, buying fouls etc, a massive contribution to 54 as we took 3 points. It's why football isn't played on paper

It won't be recorded in stats anywhere but I remember a post European away game on a Sunday away at St Mirren ( I think) which had difficult afternoon written all over it at the business end when every point and goal counted. He didn't score or assist but put in a 90 min work horse effort using all of his experience, holding the ball up, buying fouls etc, a massive contribution to 54 as we took 3 points. It's why football isn't played on paper
Also a 2-1 at home to Killie to where he scored and we had no fit strikers. Vital contribution.

Fucking love that photo of them.

Bougherra was a class CB. Your heart was always in your mouth when he decided he was bored standing around doing %^*& all, so would go on a mazy run with the ball and end up in the opposition box with it!

Diouf was a nutter. An absolute weapon. But he was our nutter. You’d hate him being against you and that’s what made him so great.

Bougherra was a class CB. Your heart was always in your mouth when he decided he was bored standing around doing %^*& all, so would go on a mazy run with the ball and end up in the opposition box with it!

Diouf was a nutter. An absolute weapon. But he was our nutter. You’d hate him being against you and that’s what made him so great.
And score an absolute beezer against Stutgart!

If Walter trusted anybody we’d all walk over broken glass for them. El Hadji was deserving of his hero status

Don’t believe everything you read - he was excellent with the Rangers charity foundation and I know from personal experience, he visited my uncles disabled care home (off his own back). Spent a good bit of time with them, taking pics and signing items - they all absolutely loved him. I should add, the only other Rangers player who ever stopped by to visit… Paul Gascoigne.
I love the wee quiet visits from the players. No publicity, nothing in it for them, just bringing joy to others.

He done a terrific job for Rangers and hated the mentally challengeds with a passion and he didn't give a damn what anyone thought about him.

Reactions: VGM
I agree, a horrible human being and did nothing for the club while he was here. Second only to Barton in the list of players who we should never have signed.
You are fckn joking.
Diouf could actually play football and was proud to pull the shirt over his head.
If you want to start that list where is your O'Halloren, Foster, Thompson, Wishart etc.
We have had a lot of players who should never have worn the shirt, mostly because they weren't good enough, but for me the gravest crime is to spit on it and to disrespect the club and support after they have left.
Get your priorities sorted.

Barton ran away from brown. Diouf won a league and Cup double. Cnut of a guy,i can't disagree but Walter saw fit to sign him when we needed somebody, and he helped us win those trophies. I'll take smiths judgements over your dramatic hurt.
This 100%, I was surprised we didn't try get him the following summer. Would have been better than Ortiz

I agree, a horrible human being and did nothing for the club while he was here. Second only to Barton in the list of players who we should never have signed.
Walter Smith would've disagreed on the "did nothing for the club"

Memory tell me he had minimal impact on the team. And I felt he made the opposition try even harder against us.

Leaving him out the cup final team was a clever move by Walter.

Diouf was great loved his time with us gave 100% wound them up tae feck loved the goal he scored against Sporting Lisbon great night for us bears who follow abroad.

Couldn't help but like him in those six months. He wound them up no end, did well enough on the pitch and was no bother when he was mostly coming off the bench.

You need a certain amount of ego and swagger in a title run in. He brought that and left with two medals. Not bad.

I'd trust Walter to handle any player in world football once he was sat down across from them. A man you know right away you don't cross but would treat you fairly.

The same with Alex Ferguson with the likes of Cantona.

This part of his footballing career you have to respect, considering his history of doing daft things this was the first time he respected the football club he played for and in return the fans gave him the respect back. The effort he put in for the badge to drag us over the line to 54 must be commended.

Probably for the first time in his career he wasn't involved in any controversies outwith and even in football. The moon howlers tried their hardest to get a reaction from him but thankfully he rose above them and had the last laugh.

He obviously loved his time at Ibrox, came to do a job and succeeded in that.

I am with the guys who suggest that had Walter seen anything behind the scenes bordering on distasteful, he would have been out the door asap.

I remember the way he walked up to us in the scum stadium after he got sent off in the cup replay game, it was total defiance and I absolutely loved him for that. He was letting the support know that night, that mob might have won the battle, but they haven’t won the war.

He absolutely riled the scum from the east end and that’s a good guy in my book.

Reactions: VGM
Also a 2-1 at home to Killie to where he scored and we had no fit strikers. Vital contribution.
He done well here. People were expecting a totally different player to what he actually was at that stage of his career. His touch, positioning, technical ability were really good.

Back