Message From The Magnificent One

200,000 people congregating is going to end up with some level of trouble, it's inevitable. Hopefully most people can be sensible, especially with their drinking before the game starts (imagine you were too rat arsed to remember winning it!). By the sounds of it there's certainly a portion of Frankfurt fans that are prone to trouble. Add the Spanish cops into the mix and it's not a great recipe. I'm sure the majority will have a great time though.

Last edited:
It’s a message that some need to hear. This isn’t going to be like a normal trip where you can saunter from bar to bar. It’ll be ridiculously busy, difficult to get a beer or a taxi, baking hot etc. None of this is an excuse to act in the way the salivating mhedia want you to. Patience will be required.

Anyone not realising this or bleating about it being patronising doesn’t realise what’s at stake. It’s a chance of a lifetime for glory, make it the greatest Rangers day ever. No regrets on or off the pitch.

Was in the square at manchester when, (i'm sure) some f****n tramp turned the big screen off. Mayhem after that. Ended up watching the game in a nearby hotel - while seeing the polis helicopters flying about the whole night. If the same happens this time - hopefully the morons can watch the game on their phone.
Trust me, there were plenty of arseholes in Albert Square at Manchester also and they had a perfectly working screen from start to finish.

It's a decent statement and might encourage a wee bit of extra self-policing.

Those going...have a ball!

I really hope you are not serious.

There is absolutley nothing wrong with that message
What's wrong with the message is that it will not reach the bampots most likely to act like arseholes, and if it does, once they're bevied up they're hardly going to think 'oh wait, Souness told us not to act like arseholes' before they indeed act like arseholes.

The 99% of the support who will heed such messages are the ones who didn't need to be told to behave in the first place.

This is merely the club getting in an 'ah but we did our best' defence in advance of any misbehaviour. A necessary approach, but it won't stop bams being bams.

99% will behave impeccably. Like any mass gathering there will be morons who will cause trouble. The sort of idiots who will not pay attention to any appeal.
I find the appeal for good behaviour a bit embarrassing.

99% will behave impeccably. Like any mass gathering there will be morons who will cause trouble. The sort of idiots who will not pay attention to any appeal.
I find the appeal for good behaviour a bit embarrassing.
The idiots will ignore it but the sensible ones will listen and hopefully apply a bit of self policing. That’s why it’s a good idea to get this message out there.

You find the appeal embarrassing, but I can assure you some of the behaviour in Manchester from people purporting to be Rangers supporters was far more embarrassing and ultimately damaging to the reputation of the club.

I think there are more than a few elements of condescending, patronising, school headmaster type aspects to this

Souness - just like all of us - knows all the Scots pseudo journos already have their articles written & are just itching to release their mock shock horror on the day -
If they can't find anything blatant they'll invent it
Nothing changes

One scenario I really couldn't handle though - would be for us to win this cup - & get automatic CL qualification only for us to get banned from Europe because a bunch of pathetic wee fannys can't hold their drink &/or drugs

I'll take any number of lectures from Souness & others if we avoid that fate
It might well be patronising - but I can't say I'm offended by it

Fair enough to remind the support of responsibilities pre trip but it should be done in conjunction in calling out the politicians and media for the absolute hypocrisy in just how they report and highlight any Rangers incident whether actual or false

Nothing wrong in what Souness is saying here . Sadly some of our support need to be reminded that the press and snp are just waiting on the smallest but if trouble to crucify us.
Again please don’t post any scuffles on social media or snap chat, it is just going to be used against us .

Our enemies will stop at nothing to diminish our achievements. Let’s not give them the opportunity.

No need for songs about the RAF. We have close links with Hamburg and we usually have a decent number of them with us. Lets just get behind the team.,
I know what you're saying but I don't mind the RAF song. It's a song about WW2 and defeating Nazi's.

In modern day Scotland, It goes beyond Rangers fans behaving themselves.
Unless provoked Rangers fans will always behave, have a beer, have a joke, have the banter.

Its when others go out their way to antagonize the fantastic Rangers support, that things go wrong.

To be subjected, to, Yoons, orange bst, hun bst, proddy bst, idiots gesticulating and shouting about 66.

Sometimes, its hard not to react. But we all know that gets hidden, as it doesn't suit the journalistic agenda, and it is an agenda.
Pretty much nailed it mate.

Bams will be bams.

The clubs whole approach to the final has been damage limitation and arse covering if it all kicks off.

I think there are more than a few elements of condescending, patronising, school headmaster type aspects to this

Souness - just like all of us - knows all the Scots pseudo journos already have their articles written & are just itching to release their mock shock horror on the day -
If they can't find anything blatant they'll invent it
Nothing changes

One scenario I really couldn't handle though - would be for us to win this cup - & get automatic CL qualification only for us to get banned from Europe because a bunch of pathetic wee fannys can't hold their drink &/or drugs

I'll take any number of lectures from Souness & others if we avoid that fate
It might well be patronising - but I can't say I'm offended by it

We all know what happened after Barcelona.

Similar could cost the club 10s of millions.

If people don’t love the club enough to support that then don’t go.

Some will. It’s guaranteed with large crowds we don’t need that pish
It isn't guaranteed. It's a choice. They can choose to go to Seville and conduct themselves like responsible men and women. Or, selfishly, they can't make an arse of themselves and drag our club through the dirt. And there are many salivating at the thought of this being the case.
The pish that we don't need is that the club are reduced to using our former manager to having to ask people to uphold the club's reputation by behaving themselves.

It isn't guaranteed. It's a choice. They can choose to go to Seville and conduct themselves like responsible men and women. Or, selfishly, they can't make an arse of themselves and drag our club through the dirt. And there are many salivating at the thought of this being the case.
The pish that we don't need is that the club are reduced to using our former manager to having to ask people to uphold the club's reputation by behaving themselves.

It’s not a Rangers problem but a societal one. Put any large crowd of Scots/British together and there will be problems.

The game is secondary to many as it’s all about consuming alcohol. You read it on FF threads. It’s rather sad.

There will undoubtedly be incidents that are blown out of proportion and used to tarnish all of the support.

The aftermath of Manchester was the worst I’d felt as a Rangers fan (events in 2012 onwards were worse obviously), it was horrific, a real embarrassment.

I have a lot of hope that this will be different, not as many rockets will be able to travel to Seville as there was with Manchester due to the ease of access.

Rangers are covering their own backs here, nothing more.

The aftermath of Manchester was the worst I’d felt as a Rangers fan (events in 2012 onwards were worse obviously), it was horrific, a real embarrassment.

I have a lot of hope that this will be different, not as many rockets will be able to travel to Seville as there was with Manchester due to the ease of access.

Rangers are covering their own backs here, nothing more.
Getting your retaliation in first.

Headlines have already been written.

Pricks in our support will make it so

A combination of a minority of arseholes and the majority of major poor planning by Manchester council was the main factor.
Why does that sound familiar already? Fair play they are doing the beam back but even that seemed like it wasn't happening at one point

Aye and are those people going to listen? No

The clubs PR is pathetic; “stick Souness on camera, the minions will lap it up”

Don’t need to be told by Souness how to conduct myself

e562a3c74495679c866d057d222a9997.gif

Condescending fucking nonsense.

Very poor from souness and the club.
Behave yourself. He’s right in the message but two things will happen, our so called press will look for any wee moment . And secondly we need fans to control the arsehole in some groups. Let’s face it , we all have been on the lash and there is that one tosser in the party. Rangers fans are representative of society . God guy good guy good guy wank. Let’s make the good guys shut up the wanks.

My whole trip, flights, hostel 3 nights and ticket, £180

Planning pays!

Just in the hope the silly flights n hoteks costing big bucks keep the blue bag brigade away.

The message isn't aimed at those who find it patronising or condescending. Because you already know how to behave. It's aimed at dickheads who believe they can act any way they want because they're out their faces, and it's the club getting in first before the almost inevitable mhedia onslaught.

Have a great time in Sevilla and let's do this.

Just think it’s a PR error. Now places the spotlight on people looking out to be offended

There’s bams at every single big event in Scotland but to ex-players/managers or people associated put out statements about it?
Now places?
We’re offending people already.
FFS bud, the headlines are all but written.
Remember the “sandcastle” story?
Remember the “human chain” blocking ambulances?
The press will be falling over themselves to get the biggest anti-Rangers story ever.
Don’t be surprised if you read about bans in Europe!
All that’s being asked here is that crowd trouble is not the story on Thursday.

I don't find it patronising at all, I've been to many Euro aways and I'm confident that the vast majority will behave but it's a sad fact of life that as soon as you get a crowd above about 60,000 the number of bampots starts to rise quite quickly. It's also another sad fact of life that Seville will be full of jumpy baton happy policemen who will batter you as soon as look at you (I've had a few hits from these in Spain in the past).
The mixture of daft young lads full of bevvy/gear will mean somebody will probably get a battering from these bullies in black. Don't let it be you.

I doubt the Neds who cause trouble will now rethink that based on a video of Souness.

Neds are a societal problem, not a Rangers related one. There’s no doubt we have a disproportionate amount of bams, but not sure this will resonate with them.

Back