Message from the past

For years when I first went to Ibrox, the list of club honours in it had us on 34 titles.

And 19 Scottish Cups.
Although I wasn't at the game my earliest Rangers related memory was the Kai Johansen goal that won the Scottish Cup in 1966.I started going to games shortly after that.I will be forever grateful to big DJ for scoring in the league cup final in 1970.The first time I saw Rangers win anything.

Although I wasn't at the game my earliest Rangers related memory was the Kai Johansen goal that won the Scottish Cup in 1966.I started going to games shortly after that.I will be forever grateful to big DJ for scoring in the league cup final in 1970.The first time I saw Rangers win anything.
I wasn’t at the 1966 game either. It wasn't on the tv or radio so I had to stand at my bedroom window waiting for A roar and the first chant. I am pretty sure it was The Billy Boys. Anyway I jumped off my chair and started running about my bedroom like a headless chicken.

It would likely have been later than that mate. I don’t recall graffiti appearing until the 70s. Remember we went a decade without a league win after 1964. My guess it is was put up during their 9IAR as a popular comeback was how many times we’d won the league overall

Last edited:
Back