Message to Supporters (Porto Away)

xd182

A wee reminder from the club to "represent the Club in the best possible way."

Not that we should have been singing certain words in the first place, but I think it's great that we've managed to keep our song book clean since the UEFA charge. Keep it up! Don't hurt the club any more.

Sorry if this is a pointless post but I think it's good to be proactive about this stuff.

Thanks for the public service message. I promise not to sing anything that will get us banned. Can I go now? :cool:

More seriously, the club shouldn’t really need to remind us but do so because (1) it shows UEFA they are doing everything they can and (2) we still have some muppets in our support who think the rules don’t apply to them irrespective of the damage it does.

It's boring now tbh, we all know what we can and cant say, if anyone doesn't know they have been living on the moon

I don't think it's a case of that mate. Singing references to the head of the largest Pedo Ring in the World etc have the square root of nothing to do with football and our club.

Anyone still doing so needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

It's boring now tbh, we all know what we can and cant say, if anyone doesn't know they have been living on the moon

Unfortunately many of the fans still don't know what not to do and it has to be drummed into their heads time and time again.

Mentioning the Bulgaria incident, a disgusting act of racism against black players, when warning fans not to sing %^*& the pope?

Jesus christ.

"Be loud and be heard and hopefully celebrate a victory with the team at the end of the match but please, keep in mind that UEFA’s view of racism is wide ranging, which means singing or behaviour that could bring much more serious repercussions for the Club must be avoided."

Wide ranging and selective. Hopefully the supporters out there take heed. Starting to dread these games now with so much focus on the fans.

This statement is Rangers more covering their own arse just incase thats all, hopefully we dont sing anything on the banned list but incase a small number do Uefa will look favourably at a statement like this imo.

This statement is Rangers more covering their own arse just incase thats all, hopefully we dont sing anything on the banned list but incase a small number do Uefa will look favourably at a statement like this imo.

It’s not, the club are reminding the travelling fans to respect the club and not sing anything!

It’s not arse covering, if we fail we are in massive trouble and can forget the club taking any more away tickets going forward!

It should be simple - don’t sing the songs!

Mentioning the Bulgaria incident, a disgusting act of racism against black players, when warning fans not to sing %^*& the pope?

Jesus christ.

It's entirely appropriate. I don't know what you feel the problem is with the statement from the club.
They have correctly mentioned the Bulgaria incident to remind the hard of thinking that UEFA lump us singing sectarian songs in exactly the same category as the disgusting racists in Bulgaria. In UEFA's eyes, there is no difference. Personally speaking, that thought turns my stomach that we are being lumped in with the likes of that lot.

I'm glad Rangers are reminding us that we don't want our good name lumped in with genuine racists.

Incidentally, singing f%*k the Pope is exactly the type of thing that will land us with ground closures or worse. I'm hoping that all of us already understand that.

Sky Sports News setting the scum up as the good guys in the clash with Lazio with Lennon commenting on the recent racism. Meanwhile the breaking news ticker mentions our clubs plea to the fans and our two "racist" UEFA charges.

It's entirely appropriate. I don't know what you feel the problem is with the statement from the club.
They have correctly mentioned the Bulgaria incident to remind the hard of thinking that UEFA lump us singing sectarian songs in exactly the same category as the disgusting racists in Bulgaria. In UEFA's eyes, there is no difference. Personally speaking, that thought turns my stomach that we are being lumped in with the likes of that lot.

I'm glad Rangers are reminding us that we don't want our good name lumped in with genuine racists.

Incidentally, singing f%*k the Pope is exactly the type of thing that will land us with ground closures or worse. I'm hoping that all of us already understand that.

Exactly mate.

What do the moon howlers in our own support not get when singing those FTP references etc.

It's got the square root of FCK ALL to do with, A.Football and B. Us as a club.

Boils my piss too being a member of the O.O when some Fan Dan sings FTP at the end of The Sash.

It's only a matter of time before we are done here too. Mark my words. Especially if we were ahead in the league. The walking off the pitch tactic is the kind of one the Bheasts wouldn't hesitate to use against Us.

Don’t think they got the message judging by the Staunch Songbook ringing around Ribera this afternoon. We are just asking for trouble from the football and the local authorities.

Let’s set higher standards and continue to demonstrate that Rangers is for Everyone, Anyone.(except 19th Century Terrorists) :p

It still didn't stop a few arseholes trying to belt out TBB in Switzeland mate.

Thankfully the rest of the Bears rounded on them and strongly advised them to nip it in the bud before it became an issue.
Anybody that sings any daft songs is a halfwit and doesn't and never will realise the damage
They do to our club .

Rangers do this sort of thing so they can use it in any defence against a charge showing the club is doing all it can.

Rangers do this sort of thing so they can use it in any defence against a charge showing the club is doing all it can.
That will only work up to a point, unless we wise up and stop doing it they will hit us again and again. It's their game and they make the rules.

Back